Zero Punctuation: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Good review as always, I thought the game itself was a wee bit shorter than it should have been but meh, that's just my opinion lol

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Edit: Does this mean he is finally going to review Red faction next?

I sure hope so, I've already ordered that game and it should be getting here soon.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hrmmmmm... rubbish him for stamping on Ghostbusters being like the movie (Well DUH!)

or gleefully praise him for stomping on Doctor Who's writing.

Meh, you win this time, Yahtzee, this time.

I thought you really like Doctor Who?

Meh, anyway on-topic. That was another great review Yahtzee, reminds me of the older ones. I especially liked the joke at the end about sausage makers.

Stabby Joe:
So far critics are in the 70s range, which given all the hype (with reason this time, actors and all), it should have been better...

...meh, BTW which version was reviewed? I know they're the same (Wii not counting naturally) but for some reason many places don't get the 360 version right now.

That would be because for Europe atleast Sony does the publishing and they made it a timed exclusive for the PS3. So the DS, Wii, 360 and PC version of the game won't be available for a few more months while Sony tries to milk the franchise for all it's worth.

Chiefmon:

crazyhaircut94:
I sort of saw this coming. Him reviewing the game, and sawing it to little ectoplasmic pieces.

Then he eats the ectoplasmic pieces and shits them out into a woodchipper.

P.S. I <3 Golden Sun!

Same here. I can't wait for Golden Sun 3 on the DS.

I enjoyed, but disagreed with your review. I thought the game was one of the better games this year (seeing what's come out, that's not a stretch) and maybe I liked it because I could see what was going on fine (mainly because some things weren't nearly as offensively orange as the Proton Streams) and because I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. To each his own, though. I'd rather disagree with Yahtzee than hear him talk about how great a game is, causing a time rift. Once is enough.

kingkillion:
i feel sorry for the pig

It got a blow job!?

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Same here all I get is a white page nothing else anybody else having this problem?

i feel bad for the sausage makers lol

Did you catch that he hates the new Star Trek movie? That kind of wrecked his credibility for me. I haven't seen it yet, but this is the first time I've heard someone say it ruined the franchise.

I would be watching this if it wasn't for the fact that the Escapist doesn't want me to watch any videos today...

It doesn't matter which video I choose to watch, it won't let me.
Won't even load the part of the site with the videos on it...

saiyanwarrior:

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Same here all I get is a white page nothing else anybody else having this problem?

I'm getting the same problem :(

Rusman:

saiyanwarrior:

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Me too, this sucks!

bodyklok:

I do, but given the new series has everyone going "ZOMG! UR SO CUTE ^_^!!!", you'd think that at least someone reacted normally. Perhaps that's due to an untalented hack writing it most of the time.

But there will be Moffat soon.

Mewick_Alex:

Rusman:

saiyanwarrior:

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Me too, this sucks!

Mine is working now, check yours guys, hope its all good :)

Mewick_Alex:

Rusman:

saiyanwarrior:

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Me too, this sucks!

same *crys*

Hey, Boom Blox is fun, at least in the levels where you get to blow shit up.

The_root_of_all_evil:

bodyklok:

I do, but given the new series has everyone going "ZOMG! UR SO CUTE ^_^!!!", you'd think that at least someone reacted normally. Perhaps that's due to an untalented hack writing it most of the time.

I always blame the fact it's made in Whales. I always thought that the first of the 'new' series was quite good, but it went down hill from there.

The_root_of_all_evil:

But there will be Moffat soon.

I'm sorry, but Who is 'Moffat'? (Yes, that was a pun...)

Rusman:

Mewick_Alex:

Rusman:

saiyanwarrior:

Senial:
She ant loadin for me

Me too, this sucks!

Mine is working now, check yours guys, hope its all good :)

Nope still nothing I'll wait till I've had a shower and try later.

I dunno, I can see Yahtzees points, but I loved the game.

Play the wii version you dipshit.

damnit, for somebody who supposedly prefers art style over hyper realism, he sure does a bad job of it.

i think the vid is broken, every time i try and watch it, i'm taken to a completely white screen, which claims to be "done", but i can watch all the others just fine

yea , as usual he nitpicks about every small thing and pretty much blows everything out of proportion without actually reviewing the game. Out of the whole thing the AI could use a bit of polish but besides that the game is an enjoyable romp, not perfect but fun to play and it felt like you were in the next movie.

Based on his statement though i must inquire, do you all have HD in Australia?? cause it sounds like eh is playing these games in a very low resolution.

Quantana:
classic and good as always however my friend kinda liked the game allright everyone let's kill him.

Yeah, it's both impossible AND immoral to have a different opinion than an entertainment figure on the Internet! Now quick, we have to go convince people why high-voiced dicks are funny on behalf of Grand Overlord Fred!

On topic, good review Yahtzee, made me chuckle a few times.

I disagree with Yahtzee's points on Doctor Who and Star Trek, apart from that very humorous as always.

That.. sucked. Like a lot... everything he friggin' complained about is shit that people would BUY THE GAME FOR. It was everything advertised and said about the game; the Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters humor, canon Ghostbusting... like jesus.. gripping for straws really? Usually I like Yahtzee but he normally does shit a bit more.. intelligently than this.

Steve the Pocket:
Did you catch that he hates the new Star Trek movie? That kind of wrecked his credibility for me. I haven't seen it yet, but this is the first time I've heard someone say it ruined the franchise.

Yea he is funny but doesn't squeek out a credible word. The movie was amazing i saw it 3 times. Wonderful job recreating the franchise and i truely hope he keeps it going with more movies

Archaon6044:
i think the vid is broken, every time i try and watch it, i'm taken to a completely white screen, which claims to be "done", but i can watch all the others just fine

Hit Crtl-F5 a few times. A script broke and was sending out blank pages, which we fixed, but the blank page is probably still cached in your browser.

Tried at a friend's, and grew bored before the end of the tutorial... I suppose that since I have no layalty to the franchise, there is little in this game for me.

I have to disagree with Yahtzee's review, I like the game and I think for a movie based game, it's the best I've played in a long, if not ever, time.

Also I never pictured Yahtzze as a fan of Ghostbusters Extreme, but the burger king kid club...wait a minute!

:Pulls up picutre of burger king kids club:

OH GOD HE'S RIGHT!!!

Steve the Pocket:

Seriously....

Go watch moviebob here on the escapist. Yes he is copying yahtzee, but he makes really good points.

Basically he said that the old star trek was low budget and made up for it with really good characters, plot and dialogue. Whereas this new movie depends on high budget action sequences to make up for the bad acting and plot contrivances.

He also mentions that it is really popular for some unexplicable reason.

Basically he states that wolverine, terminator, star trek, and transformers are all horrible action flicks dumbed down for douche bag "masses" that movie makers seem to be bending over for.

Yes sometimes they get a good movie when they go that route, but apart from a small number, they usually are homonigized slop

My three complaints with the game are, 1), the fact that your team mates go down faster than sophomore on prom night, 2), the dodge function is laggy and pretty much useless, and 3), the lack of a minimap function. Granted, the game is entirely linear and you don't really need it, but it would have been nice to have anyway.

Overall, though, I really liked it. It's definitely worth renting at least.

I have to disagree with the Yahtz (as his friends call him). It seems obvious that the fans of the film would want to see slimer as well as the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man. Complaining about these things being featured in the game is about the same as complaining about the Force being in a Star Wars movie.

Overall the game was great, definitely worth a rent.

hmm, two hour long collection of flashy light and noise... was that a disguised reference to Transformers: ROTFLMAO?

heh heh, Walter "Dickless" Peck

Aww man, I wished that the game woudl be amazing, but I guess it has been torn apart yet again by Yahtzee's whit.

lots of blow jobs going on there

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or