Stolen Pixels #106: Left 4 Dumb, Part 22

Stolen Pixels #106: Left 4 Dumb, Part 22

You ever wonder if you really need all four characters in Left 4 Dead?

Read Full Article

bill with a gun can't end well...

Maybe he should just stick with his broom.

Loved it, good work, Shamus.

I'd still shoot Francis.

I have friendly fire issues.

Is it possible to turn friendly fire off? That really pissed me off.

Grand_Poohbah:

It tended to piss off my team more than me. Once I actually incapacitated everyone in a couple of shots. Now we call it 'Pulling A Danny'.

I usaly kill my friends and play the stages alone it's more fun but you're doomed if you piss off a wich or get attacked by a smoker or hunter^^

Friendly fire makes the game more frantic especially when someone is blinded by a boomer and u r yelling at them to hold their fire and rely on team mates to look after them.

friendly fire is usually accidental anyway, especially when you are in a narrow corridor with a horde coming up.

Comics about Bill? I hate comics about Bill.

Occasionally, if we have a couple of wipes on Expert, someone will initiate Expert Deathmatch, and it is difficult to stop. For some reason, it is usually more fun with Tier 1 weapons. We also usually play better after the said Deathmatch. So, freindly fire is good!

I can understand where Francis is coming from. I to hate friendly fire.

Silly Shamus, there are no witches during the finale.

Grand_Poohbah:

Yup. But only by playing on the easiest setting.

Al_:

Grand_Poohbah:

Yup. But only by playing on the easiest setting.

Lame =\. It always gets frantic in crowded places and me and my team mates end up gunning each other down.

Bill could use the broom for shoving and pistol for shooting!

I hate giving bill guns :P

good comic shamus, its nice to see someone else recognise bills stupidity

Having friendly-fire on makes the game more visceral. Players have become spoiled. Too many times I've seen guns just walking around spamming ammo and nades. Look down range, pay attention, and for god sakes, when you do clip someone, and you will, throw a polite my bad out there. And in return people, because we've all been on both sides of a "Same Team!" debaucle, don't retaliate. That kind of pettiness needs to stay in Halo where it belongs.

fat one= shove
muscle ones= don't shove
girl ones= don't mess with
big one with the tattoos= don't shoot that's Francis!

LOL XD

B-but! With the Reaper he can defeat ANYTHING, he can acomplish far more than some piddly gun.

ohgodalex:

Actually, witches do randomly spawn in the Finale on Expert. It's a real pain in the ass, though.

I have visions of Bill beating Francis over the head with the Reaper

MBurner 93:

ohgodalex:

Actually, witches do randomly spawn in the Finale on Expert. It's a real pain in the ass, though.

Funny, I've beaten three campaigns on Expert but I have never seen that happen. To be fair, I usually just camp near to the rescue vehicle, but it's weird that I've never even seen one.

I wonder if Valve will put in DLC that includes the Reaper.

Isn't the Reaper enough of a weapon as is?

L4D 2 will probably have a broom for a melee weapon now

I think he should keep his (most-powerful weap ) broom;D

Shooting Francis IS one way to solve the 3 bicycle problem...

lol, 4 tanks would be funny to watch...see if Bill can beat them with the broom.

haha^^
loved it:D

ohgodalex:

True, but I've encountered a few very close to the escape area. Close enough to hurt! Even close enough to stumble back on when on a blind run from a tank. (BTW, a tank can break down the saferoom exit door)
And I usually shoot Louis when he's being stupid...it sometimes actually gets him focused again. (Bot-Louis, that is)

yellow snake95:
I usaly kill my friends and play the stages alone it's more fun but you're doomed if you piss off a wich or get attacked by a smoker or hunter^^

I've gone solo a few times, involuntarily. And boy, that really builds on the creep factor. The danger isn't so strong when you got three other guns by your side, but when you are alone in that world....*shivers*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here