Unskippable: Valkyria Chronicles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

I liked The Lonely Island reference at the end. Stopping it was a good idea, never know who might sue you.

I actually stopped watching because the cinematic scene was SO bad

Incredibly funny as always

You know what? I always thought Alicia reminded me of Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion.

I love this game with a passion.

i'm not here to congratulate you but here to ponder. well, you did do a hysterical job, thank you, anime has once again been ridiculed and i couldn't thank you enough.

but seriously, if this ame is supposed to be a spin off of world war 2, why does the invasion of Bruhl brought on by the evil intentions of the couple of scouts with the plasma grenades happen in march of 1935 when the invasion of poland happened in september of 1939? i know it's not supposed to be exactly WW2, but really japan, we know you were there, stop pretending to be innocent. if i recall, we left the radioactive scars to remind you that, scars that probably gave birth to godzilla.

another thing is those rifles the brhul troop peoples were holding looked like Lee-Enfields, british bolt action rifles, and the rifles the bad guys (let's call them elites b/c they carry plasma grenades and they look like something from the future) have look like the russian PPSH or the HK UMP-45 (come on, we've all played COD before).

i got a quick glimpse of one of the elite's eye's during the video and he looked either cambodian or korean. not japanese or chinses though, somewhere closer to the equator.

last thing i noticed, grham and paul make a very convincing comment at the beginning saying Brhul is pretty much holland, which is in germany. so why are the elites/invaders invading their own country? did they get lost and throwing a plasma grenade is their culture's way of politely asking for directions? did the UK have windmills in the late 30's and the RAF lost the battle of britain? am i looking at a replay of a COD united offensive online team death match game in which there's a white fuzzy outline? jesus christ, i don't even wanna KNOW how bad the russian front is f**ked up, let alone the african front.

mega48man:
last thing i noticed, grham and paul make a very convincing comment at the beginning saying Brhul is pretty much holland, which is in germany. so why are the elites/invaders invading their own country?

Actually, in the game, the invaders are coming from Russia, and they place Gallia (the country that Bruhl is in) around Estonia or somewhere nearby in eastern Europe. So, that explains that.

Also, Holland isn't in Germany, it's a separate country. It is next door, though!

I like the Lazy Sunday reference at the end.

Good episode.

Holland is not in Germany... =(

awesome video , though a game based on a fish drawing soldier doesn't seem that fantastic to me.

mega48man:
i'm not here to congratulate you but here to ponder. well, you did do a hysterical job, thank you, anime has once again been ridiculed and i couldn't thank you enough.

but seriously, if this ame is supposed to be a spin off of world war 2, why does the invasion of Bruhl brought on by the evil intentions of the couple of scouts with the plasma grenades happen in march of 1935 when the invasion of poland happened in september of 1939? i know it's not supposed to be exactly WW2, but really japan, we know you were there, stop pretending to be innocent. if i recall, we left the radioactive scars to remind you that, scars that probably gave birth to godzilla.

another thing is those rifles the brhul troop peoples were holding looked like Lee-Enfields, british bolt action rifles, and the rifles the bad guys (let's call them elites b/c they carry plasma grenades and they look like something from the future) have look like the russian PPSH or the HK UMP-45 (come on, we've all played COD before).

i got a quick glimpse of one of the elite's eye's during the video and he looked either cambodian or korean. not japanese or chinses though, somewhere closer to the equator.

last thing i noticed, grham and paul make a very convincing comment at the beginning saying Brhul is pretty much holland, which is in germany. so why are the elites/invaders invading their own country? did they get lost and throwing a plasma grenade is their culture's way of politely asking for directions? did the UK have windmills in the late 30's and the RAF lost the battle of britain? am i looking at a replay of a COD united offensive online team death match game in which there's a white fuzzy outline? jesus christ, i don't even wanna KNOW how bad the russian front is f**ked up, let alone the african front.

Uh...you're taking this a bit too seriously. It's just a game, and no, it's not based on World War 2, nor is it a historical simulator. That's right, a game can actually have a unique universe with different names and different dates.

Anyways, great job on the video, had plenty of chuckles of usual. The fish bits were amusing, as well as the main character bits too.

I'm glad that the bland pile of monotonous vomit (Valkyria Chronicles) is constantly getting attacked. Excellent video guys.

But I think if your looking for a video with abysmal writing you can spoof then come on:
METAL GEAR SOLID

grate as always

"Dear diary, today I saw some fish. And later *click*, I wet my pants!"

Awesome.

video was awesome!! you guys are sooo cool :)

"Thats not how you hold a gun"

LOL
excellent episode

It's so funny how a love interest is clear right off the bat. The best moments had to be when that guy talked to the fish.

Seriously, a lot of golden quotes. My cheeks hurt from smiling.

One of the fish should have introduced themselves as Roger Dorsey. Of course, that would be too Scrubs-ish.

"How's the air? Douchebag."

I couldn't stop laughing, good job!

"Are we the same person just with different hair" I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

YurdleTheTurtle:

mega48man:

Uh...you're taking this a bit too seriously. It's just a game, and no, it's not based on World War 2, nor is it a historical simulator. That's right, a game can actually have a unique universe with different names and different dates.

Anyways, great job on the video, had plenty of chuckles of usual. The fish bits were amusing, as well as the main character bits too.

waaywaaywaaywaay wait, when i saw how zero puncuation degraded it, he mention how it took on WW2 with an anime form, i was just making fun on that topic. (but your right, my sarcasm can be taken serious by some which makes things VERY awkward.)

GrahamS:

mega48man:
last thing i noticed, grham and paul make a very convincing comment at the beginning saying Brhul is pretty much holland, which is in germany. so why are the elites/invaders invading their own country?

Actually, in the game, the invaders are coming from Russia, and they place Gallia (the country that Bruhl is in) around Estonia or somewhere nearby in eastern Europe. So, that explains that.

Also, Holland isn't in Germany, it's a separate country. It is next door, though!

oh i see, so now it's like an alternate cold war that happens before the cold war except with plasma grenades 0_0...... fck it, i'm turning off the computer and playing puzzle fighter.

Best Unskippable ever! Really Fun.

This is one of my favorite games for the PS3. It's about time someone made a parody of it. :)

High-brow Don Quixote reference.

Re-watching this, something occurred to me: I know it was no punsies week, but funny as the bit with the fish was there were also sketches of plants in the book, and you really missed out on the opportunity to make a mint spy joke. I'm just sayin'.

Did anyone notice the rifles they're carrying? They look like G41s or 43s, but his is 1935! And the bad guys looked like knights carrying mini-14s with synthetic stocks.

dalek sec:
Yeah, I gotta admit, the cell shaded type of art style really doesn't really work in a time of war.

Just wondering but who does that girl remind you guys of again? I couldn't hear her name.

"Dear diary, today I saw some fish!!! And later, I wet my pants"

That line also had me almost spitting out my coke.

It's my favorite quote from these guys... Timed so well with the clip, and so unexpected. hah

i liek dthe parts, "thast not how you hold a gun" "we're goign to have a puppet show, bring lots of rope" and "we called no pun-ziys this week"

started watching the anime and i coulnt stop laughing at the parts thatn were to do with this cut seen and every time they say bruhl i sing that little song XP.. love cha.

Actually there are windmills in Ireland. My town's name in English is "The Left-Hand Mill".

My favorite part was when they were impersonating the fish! "He don't blame us, douche!" "Yeah, ass!"

same hair and facial structure as Serra The pink haired obnoxious healer from FIre Emblem (6 or 7) the first one for the GBA.

That's who she reminded me of.

Okay Japan.

Make all the games about eff'ed up stuff you want want. Make games about dancing. Make games about dressing like Pride Parades and holding a serious face. Make games about strippers fighting the mafia, Godzilla, keeping your head inside a box full of scorpions and collecting neon colored animals.

Just please. Stop. Making. War. Games. You might be offering up a poignant message about war, but it is impossible to do so respectfully from a group of teens with clown hair. The characters you put in these games have only the vaguest Hollywood sense of how to act and think on the battlefield, and it is painful to watch. Stop doing it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here