Zero Punctuation: Overlord 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Hold on, you make linearity sound like a really bad thing. All well, Good stuff Yahtzee.

MeXR:
i really enjoyed today's episode
but i have a question... who the hell is this guy at 0:33?????
i have seen him in almost every episode of ZP

I have a question for you. What is that you put as your avatar? I swear I see that thing everywhere while surfing the net.

I remember when these used to make me laugh hard enough to annoy my family.

i enjoyed overlord 2 but i must say that some bits were annoying.
i found that the minions wear funny, the mistresses usless (apart from on video near the end of the game)

but i think the main problem here was the fact the pc version was used i have the ps3 version and the minions control just fine

I'm surprised that Yahtzee was able to turn down a game that fulfills his evil fantasy's.

Regardless of the fact that the game is fucking abysmal, I'd imagine malevolence would cloud his view.

I really don't think the last game was the GROUND-BREAKING epic that warranted a sequel.
...Maybe a retraction...

too bad i was planning on giving this one a try. i probably still will because i liked the first one. too bad so few people played it

Nazulu:
Hold on, you make linearity sound like a really bad thing. All well, Good stuff Yahtzee.

MeXR:

I have a question for you. What is that you put as your avatar? I swear I see that thing everywhere while surfing the net.

The Notorious "SHOOP DA WHOOP"
It shoots ROFL lasers.

No seriously.

The Afro at the end was... surprising.

Great as usual! Feels like it's been forever since the last review.

If you buy all the tower upgrades for a specific mistress, you do get to have sex with her. Doesn't show anything but it does shake the entire tower.

The mistresses do decide which mounts you're given on the final level too.
Country Girl = Wolves for browns
Big titted City Girl = Spiders for greens
Not-so-good Elf Girl = Salamanders for reds

Yahtzee's right that the game is linear, it lags, and minion control is often poor. It also has a lot of moral choices that have almost no influence on the game. However it is an intersting concept and if it was less linear and more open world like MorrowWind it would be much better.

There are some parts where I have to disagree with Yahtzee. It's told early on, through the first starting mission, that you have a grudge (and a sort of duty as an evil overlord) against the Empire. They tried to kill you as a little boy and they are trying to kill/detain everything magical (the Overlord is magical/knows magic). But I do have to agree on the part about it being close to Fable, ESPECIALLY the art direction (just take a look at the minimap from both games and compare them, the sameness is staggering!).

Minion resurrecting hasn't really gotten anything to do with you being endeared to the imps. The imps have individual leveling, so sacrificing 20 level 1 imps to resurrect a fallen lvl 10 imp is for convenience sake. As for caring about them... Well I didn't really, but the perfectionist in me made me reload every time 3 or more high level imps died (especially if it was a random enemy and not a boss). It was just so frustrating. And yes... the imp controlling is pretty bad, but not as bad as in the first one. Random fuck-ups still happen now and again when trying to direct them through holding down both mouse buttons. The ladies in the game... just part of the story and there to look good and strengthen the, "evil overlord" aspect they are trying to give you.The moral choices in this game however, are shallow and unnecessary.

i think so to but u could git some from your chicks but you had to buy alot of crap first.
PS: it was painful to watch in how cencered it was.

you bastard! That was AGS script!

awesome review, keep 'em up, or cannibalism is going to become more than a joke

Fucking cheers for the fat spider which put me on edge for the rest of the video. Wondering if it was coming back or it was lowing itself on a web above me.

Bastard :(

I give the review a big MEH, I'm not sure if I even laughed.

Ah well, you cant win them all I suppose.

did the overlord have chest high walls? that would have made your goals easier

If you buy all the tower upgrades for a specific mistress, you do get to have sex with her. Doesn't show anything but it does shake the entire tower.

The mistresses do decide which mounts you're given on the final level too.
Country Girl = Wolves for browns
Big titted City Girl = Spiders for greens
Not-so-good Elf Girl = Salamanders for reds

If you each buy them two upgrades and have the Overlord banner all three mistresses will have a foursome with you.

Never realized he had a 'fro...

I liked the PC controls myself, but I really did not like the game, seeing as how I came into it expecting some kind of sandbox game in which I make the empire my bitch, but instead I found a linear pathline, in which I was the good guy for overthrowing the evil empire. Srsly. And everybody saw that twist at the end coming. Speaking of the end, WTF?

There aren't even separate endings for destro/dom!

BTW Yahtzee, there was one minion that was worth resurrecting, and that was the one who gets the pirate hat you find in the jungle levels.

whats the theme song for zero puncuation

Something tells me Yahtzee didn't try pressing the 1 key over and over. It's hard not to crack a smile after that.

browns BROWNS Browns browns! BROWNS browns Browns?

Amazing, when I first played the demo of overlord 1 and 2, I said to myself: "This is PIKMIN!!!"
Glad to see Yahtzee had the same instinct as I did! *Feels giddy*

Glefistus:
There aren't even separate endings for destro/dom!

PC owners can view all the endings by going to the video folder where you installed overlord II and watching Ending_Tyranny_01 (Neutral), Ending_Tyranny_02 (Domination) and Ending_Tyranny_03 (Destruction). Install RAD Video Tools to watch the videos. There's no audio though.

Copied from:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/overlordii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50327064&pid=952370

i loved the first one and i honestly hope this one is not as bad as he says

Nazulu:

MeXR:

its the "ima charging ma laser" guy (its a meme on 4chan as well as on other sites, see the impossible quiz

The Pope is not evil. :-(

(I feel like I should add "good review otherwise," as I did enjoy it apart from that, but it seems like such a small thing to tack on compared to my opening statement...)

To be honest, I agree with Yahtzee. Although I did enjoy the game, because I played with my 360 controller, this game was designed around it, which explains the awful controlls Yahtzee was having, I tried sweeping with my mouse... Good god.

Anyway, even though it has it flaws, (for example, the Overlord could walk a teenzy bit faster...) I still did enjoy the game, BUT, Overlord 1 was way better. WAYY BETTER. I suppose it was my expectasions or something or they tried a bit too hard and had a bit too many gameplay elements, Overlord 1 was mindless, evil, freaking awesome fun.

The game is riddled with sloppy controls and a bad camera to boot, but on the other hand it is still a fun game if you can overlook its faults.

I bought the first game for the PC when it was on offer on Steam. I had the same gripes for that game that Yahtzee has for this one (i never finished it by the way). Glad to know i'm not alone.

Still great; still funny haha

Any game that lets you control enormus hoards of minions an then puts you in a linear environment has got to be bad.

I hope he reviews Evil Genious next week, I loved that game, particularly making elaborate traps and watching them all go horribly wrong as your own minions get killed.

Good God and here's me thinking I'm some kind of mutant for not enjoying Overlord, a game hailed as the next coming of Dungeon Keeper!

About that comparison though, there's a pretty big difference between Chaotic Evil and Lawful Evil, exemplified by Joker and Darth Vader respectively. GET YOUR NERD ON!

Hey! Another spotting of the Padishah Emperor's Golden Lion Throne!

I for one always enjoy a good semi-colon.

Here - ;

That is a particularly good one.

That's a great semi-colon :D

I enjoyed it, but the world was a lot smaller than I expected. There were only four towns in the entire game plus humans and elves so it actually felt smaller than the original despite selling itself as bigger. That said, I still enjoyed it and I love their sense of humor. Finally, what moral choice system? Your either evil and kill people, or evil and send people off to die for your amusement.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here