The Escapist Show: Episode 38: Crytek

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode 38: Crytek

This week, Russ upgrades his gaming PC, and an interview with Crytek's CEO, Cevat Yerli.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme"
Younnat - "Doctor Verhovtsevs Dream"
DJ Drunken Master - "UNSC AI"

Watch Video

666 panda scares me....

Nice I need to start watching this show. I can't believe I never noticed it till now.

Russ should have actually been set on fire, go for authenticity!

Brief edit, what the FUCK, possessed you to do the awesome panda...

Antinash:
666 panda scares me....

youtube for "Immortal - Call of the wintermoon" This should undo your fear for "Metal-Panda's"

To be honest.. I understood about half of what that guy said..

For some reason, videos wont play through Firefox but they will with IE. O_o

Chaos Marine:

Our video player was recently upgraded. If you're running any kind of adblocker, it will not load. :-/ Sorry about that.

Russ with a sledgehammer made me nostalgic for Donkey Kong.

Mariena:

You managed to get half of that in? Actually I was busy musing on when Russ tries to overclock his system. Think after today there will be a padlock installed on his pc case, put there by the IT guys.

Russ Pitts:

Chaos Marine:

Our video player was recently upgraded. If you're running any kind of adblocker, it will not load. :-/ Sorry about that.

This one's adblock's issue; their recent update breaks it. All was happy and nice with the new player for days before that.

You know, for all the gags and talk about the CryEngine, you know we're just thinking of the freaky Panda.
Dang, that is one freaky panda.

I thought we would get some footage of you playing Russ :)

Panda made up for it though :D (Poor kitties, they stood no chance :()

Well I like how the guy thinks, I only hope they do manage to learn from their mistakes and make a much better game (not that Crysis wasn't a good game), or rather, I hope they're able to differentiate between what was good and what was bad about their first game.

Also, the panda was randomly scary.

Mariena:

I don't get people that can't understand what other people with accents foreign to their own are saying.

Seems like what he was essentially saying at the start there is his mission statement was to create technologically-advanced games that won't run on your average new PC.

Chaos Marine:

I have the opposite problem -- I can play the videos just fine in Firefox/Chrome, but the player refuses to load at all (just a black box) in IE.

Might have something to do with my uptime, though. I haven't rebooted for >3 months... :)

Russ, how much would I have to pay you to "upgrade" my computer? I currently have an iMac G4, and I would like to see it "upgraded" as soon as possible.

As a pyromaniac I'm disappointed in your CGI fire effect...

paulgruberman:

Russ Pitts:

Chaos Marine:

This one's adblock's issue; their recent update breaks it. All was happy and nice with the new player for days before that.

Yep. I disabled a filter for a script which I thought "hmmm, yes!" and now it works again, with adblock.

Which one it was? I have no clue. :)

Dude, why are you hammering and drilling your drive bays?

Russ, thank you for a great lesson in upgrading/installing components in PC cases. Now, where did I put that Rubix's cube?

Cixelsid:

Air flow.

headshotcatcher:

I think one kitten got away. I smell sweet kitty revenge!

Lima:

headshotcatcher:

We can only hope.

Congrats on the promotion, Russ, and nice upgrading work. Now, if you excuse me, I need to go replace my ALU with a rubix cube.

randommaster:

Lima:

headshotcatcher:

We can only hope.

Satanic Panda was borne of the fires of hell, and has a thirst for kitty blood that can never be quenched. It is the ultimate villain. The balance of good and evil has been skewed deeply; what we need now is a hero...

randommaster:

Are we going for a JRPG type hero, who starts off as nobody important and ascends the ranks to claim the mantle of savior, or a CRPG hero, who was appointed by the powers that be to bring down this ultimate evil? Personally, I want to see, at the very least, ninjas riding robot zombie dinosaurs and weilding rocket chainsaws.

Is that too much to ask?

Watch and see.

CaptainCrunch:

randommaster:

Lima:

headshotcatcher:

We can only hope.

Satanic Panda was borne of the fires of hell, and has a thirst for kitty blood that can never be quenched. It is the ultimate villain. The balance of good and evil has been skewed deeply; what we need now is a hero...

Are we going for a JRPG type hero, who starts off as nobody important and ascends the ranks to claim the mantle of savior, or a CRPG hero, who was appointed by the powers that be to bring down this ultimate evil? Personally, I want to see, at the very least, ninjas riding robot zombie dinosaurs and weilding rocket chainsaws.

Is that too much to ask?

I hope that Crysis 2 is a better game than the first. CryEngine 2 looks stunning compared to anything you will find today, despite being two years old. Why can't they just use the already great engine to make a game that takes more than ten hours to play through? Unfortunately, Crytek seems to be putting all of their effort into making an engine, rather than the game. I don't care if the game runs on the GoldSrc engine, as long as it's fun. Anything beyond fun (graphics in this case) is a plus. I still have more fun playing the original Half Life than I have playing Crysis.

That ending was messed.

Kittens... Bah. Ponies... Meh.

I'm glad that some people understand the power of the...

ZOMBIE NINJA PANDA BEARS

--Xvito, keeping it excellent.

Pana eating kitties, I thought this site had disturbed me in ways I never thought, but now... now they out done themselves.... AWSOME

Sweet shirt brah

Russ Pitts:

Cixelsid:

Air flow.

Fair enough. You can never have enough airflow, especially with all those dinosaurs and rubix cubes cluttering up your case.

I thought the Apple definition of upgrading meant taking the old Macs behind a shed, shooting them and then going off to the Apple store to waste obscene amounts of money?

Wooh, the kittens are back!

Also, yay for the new cry engine, may all your PC's melt

-M

I couldn't help noticing the Xbox360 and PS3 badges on the screen shots, does this mean that it's coming to those systems? If so, I need to borrow that torch besause I fear my PS3 will explode.

Russ, you made me cry. I hope you're happy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here