Issue 210: "e-volution" (Classic PDF)

This week, on our fourth birthday, we present our 210th issue of The Escapist, "E-volution." It's about change: how the industry has changed, how the games themselves have changed, how we have changed and how much change is still to come. It is a celebration of change, a study of change and, in some ways, a prayer for change. As with all of our feature issues, we hope you will find it thought provoking and entertaining.

Yet on this auspicious occasion, with so much change in the air, we thought you might appreciate something a little more familiar. To celebrate our fourth year of bringing change to the coverage of the videogame industry, we're going back to the beginning. In honor of the early days of The Escapist, we're offering the feature articles of Issue 210 as a commemorative, downloadable PDF, and to celebrate how far we've come, we're stuffing it with much, much more.

Inside the Commemorative Fourth Birthday PDF you'll find:

• Four Feature Articles
  • A Fourth-Anniversary Editor's Note
  • Special Letters to the Editor
  • A Special Edition Stolen Pixels Comic
  • An Exclusive Interview with Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
  • Limited Edition Commemorative Community Badges
  • A Special Thank You to All of our Contributors Past and Present
  • And More

We hope you'll have as much fun reading this issue of The Escapist as we had putting it together. And we hope you will accept our sincerest thanks for being a part of this grand experiment for the past four years.

Russ Pitts
Russ Pitts
Editor-in-Chief

Well this hasn't been working for me all day. I installed the latest Abode. Downloaded the software provided by the link and the furthest I have gotten is with it changing the language of my Internet browser to Japanese before crashing my laptop. Any suggestions?

Agent Larkin:
Well this hasn't been working for me all day. I installed the latest Abode. Downloaded the software provided by the link and the furthest I have gotten is with it changing the language of my Internet browser to Japanese before crashing my laptop. Any suggestions?

Clicking the Download button didn't work for me, so I had to right click and save the link. That worked nicely. I then proceeded to read, and subsequently enjoy the issue. The interview with Yahtzee was pretty good.

Pringles are like dick jokes.

I didn't read everything, but what I did read was interesting. Though, I'm somewhat glad you guys evolved out of the PDF thing. It makes reading these things a bit more difficult.

Man, I wish my Internet connection wasn't so terrible. Downloading this is going to take forever.

It's weird, though, online games aren't slow; just when I want to download things.

It was much more fun to read as a PDF than as several internet pages.

I get asked for a password when I try to open the PDF file... :?

Nothing I could think of worked, and saving the link just linked me back to the page...Anyone have any ideas?

An old style pdf issue? I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift. Thanks The Escapist for being great.

Sweet, that was awesome. I love the design and layout. You guys do a great job making the website feel like a magazine. Even so, there's something neat and almost tactile about reading it in a more traditional layout.

Ahhhhhahaha!

I guess no one at "The Escapist" uses Firefox. The file only opened for me when I used Internet Explorer...

Word of advice guys, make sure your stuff works with the worlds "second most popular browser"... or at least give us a heads up...

(The fact you didn't means no one there uses Firefox...not a single employee!)

hansari:
Ahhhhhahaha!

I guess no one at "The Escapist" uses Firefox. The file only opened for me when I used Internet Explorer...

Word of advice guys, make sure your stuff works with the worlds "second most popular browser"... or at least give us a heads up...

I downloaded it with Firefox, worked perfectly.

Very nostalgic :P

I'm also having a lot of problems clicking the link merely opens a new tab that I can't click on, It's possibly because my internet is slow but still.

Edit: Still, it is awesome you put together this, I can't even remember your 3rd birthday so tis nice.

hansari:
Ahhhhhahaha!

I couldn't get it to work either, but as soon as I switched to IE it worked fine. I used to be such a Microsoft fanboy as well. Only started using Firefox a few months ago (around the time IE 8 came out - I think Satan must have been on the developement team for that one!)

wow beautiful. can you do this regularly? its really quite nice to recieve in the email, its like getting a magazine in the mail.

I do not have high speed internet so reading on line is impossible. I liked what I read and I bid you farewell.

finally found this again haha
once again an amazing thing ya'll have here =)

YEAH!!!!
Finally tracked this down!!!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or