The Escapist Show: Episode 37: Happy Birthday

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode 37: Happy Birthday

In honor of The Escapist's fourth birthday, Jeff and Russ cook up a little surprise.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme"
Younnat - "Yesss"

Watch Video

I well wanted to see a girl jumping out of a cake!!
Didn't even see a cake :(.

Two things: That fruit fucker poster kicked ass!

Also, you guys use Vista? That was surprising.

Nimbus:

Some of us do, some use XP. We even have some dirty Mac traitors.

And by Vista I meant XP.

So it seems that the promise of cake was a fallacy.. You could perhaps say that it was a lie.

OK with that out of the way.. Happy birth day Escapist!

CantFaketheFunk:

Nimbus:

And by Vista I meant XP.

Gwahh!? Make them walk the iPlank :P

Hmm, I could have sworn I saw Vista on some of those monitors :/

Nimbus:

CantFaketheFunk:

Nimbus:

And by Vista I meant XP.

Gwahh!? Make them walk the iPlank :P

Hmm, I could have sworn I saw Vista on some of those monitors :/

Yes, like I said. Some use Vista, some use XP :P

I think that office needs a healthy injection of Escapist forum-goers!

Or perhaps some lovely new wallpaper.

Or cakes.

Or strippers..?

No..?

I'm going to put it out there right now, that we should no longer be known as 'Escapists', but 'Escapirinos'.
Seriously.
I'm so serious, that I right clicked on 'Escapirinos' and said 'add to dictionary' when it said it was an error.
Because it's not an error. It's the future.

More on topic, that setup to the final rock-paper-scissors battle had a Tarantino-style length to it!

And very on topic: It's so fun to see the faces of everyone! Spinwhiz totally reminds me of Oswald from the Drew Carey show. And Spin: I mean that in the nicest way. Please don't ban me from all contests for life.

Happy Birthday Escapist Magazine!

*Slaps forehead* Holy crap it all makes sense now! Susan's avatar is from PN03!

Edit: Also, Happy Birthday Escapist. Between the news posts, the interesting articles, the forums, and the videos: The Escapist is definitely the reason we'll be seeing a lot fewer gaming magazines in the years to come. So here's to many more years of online goodness.

Cool. Happy birthday guys! Great magazine you have me suckered into.

Man, Susan was so... professional...strange...

Susan's desk was better. P.N.03 Beats everything!

Screw the battle, I would have made a break for the cake when no one was looking.

Congrats and happy birthday

Wow in my short time as a.....Escapirino I've really come to love this site. Most of my fellow members are polite, and fun to have a debate with, or just screw around on a Forum game with. I've seen many members go the way of the Hammer, and the site has survived, if not flourished. I came here for the Zero Punctuation, as many people have, but I began to read the forums, and there was so much....intelligence here. I had never seen it before, and it amazed me. I started my account and that's where I am now. A reader of your articles, and as of today, a reader of the magazine itself. I raise a glass to you "The Escapist" and hope to see many more years out of you.

Okay, if no one wants to take the bullet, I do: THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!

There...

Happy Birthday Escapist! :)

Happy Birthday! Woo!
I have the same Tshirt as Russ! *gasp*

A bastion of Escapirinos? Baby Tea, you devil.

It's nice to know that Landslide has as mature a sense of humour as the rest of us too. Because someone needed to comment on that. I too am glad for the 78% increase in kittens. You need one to be the office mascot. Possibly named Misty.

For he/she/they/it are jolly good.. uhh.. Oh fuck it.

Labyrinth:
A bastion of Escapirinos? Baby Tea, you devil.

It's nice to know that Landslide has as mature a sense of humour as the rest of us too. Because someone needed to comment on that.

For he/she/they/it are jolly good.. uhh.. Oh fuck it.

It would be

"For they are jolly good fellows"

So, the cake was just a pretext for having a Sergio Leone -moment. Thatīs fine. I really didnīt want to see anyone jumping out of anything anyway.

Happy Birthday Escapist!

Oh, and Russ: The secret is in the wrist. True paper always comes from the wrist.

Happy birthday, you magnificent bastards!

And tell me - where does one get a Fruit Fucker poster that size?

RougeWaveform:
So it seems that the promise of cake was a fallacy.. You could perhaps say that it was a lie.

To be fair, the cake was a MacGuffin :D.

Well done all you great, great guys and Happy Birthday Escapist.

Trujkin:

RougeWaveform:

To be fair, the cake was a MacGuffin :D.

Of course we were channeling Hitchcock ;)

PedroSteckecilo:
Man, Susan was so... professional...strange...

Eh, it only happens once, maybe twice a month. They just happened to catch me on a good day.

And yes, my avatar is Vanessa from P.N.03. :)

Happy Birthday Escapist.

When is Barbie going to get her own jump-out-of-cake-themed video series on the escapist?

Nerdfury:
And tell me - where does one get a Fruit Fucker poster that size?

From the Child's Play charity auction. Gabe, Tycho, Robert and Kiko were also kind enough to autograph (and draw on) it, but it's at the bottom and you probably couldn't see it in the video :P

Yes, that was the most mature humor I could muster. It was very awkward being in that room with Nick Haines (He was operating a boom mic off camera). He and I, alone in a dark room, with me making constant 'dirty noises' (because I didn't know exactly when Russ would open the door). We have about 15 minutes of me talking dirty to the 360 and PS3.

Happy Birthday Escapist!

d'aww it looks so fun to work there X3

also, weird thing... when i saw Spinwhiz he kinda looked like a cross between Vince Vaughn and Diedrich Bader....
its probably just me... XD

"When is Barbie going to get her own jump-out-of-cake-themed video series on the escapist?"

You never know when or where Barbie may "pop up" again.

You only have beautifull girls, they are all pretty, i hate you guys so much >_<

Happy Birthday!

Xadow:
You only have beautifull girls, they are all pretty,

Yes. We have them shipped in from Bulgaria. They have an amazing breeding system there.

This really, really, really, really makes me want to work at The Escapist.

epic truly epic i love it!

sky14kemea:
also, weird thing... when i saw Spinwhiz he kinda looked like a cross between Vince Vaughn and Diedrich Bader....
its probably just me... XD

We make Vince Vaughn references to him all the time, he hates it. I taped a magazine cover with Vince on it on the wall next to his desk ages ago. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here