Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

The Sims 3

This week, Rebecca Mayes plays God in The Sims 3.

Watch Video

I like the idea of games-based songs... but it was a bit long. Had its moments though... and now I want muffins.

Maybe I'll try my own gaming song... OOH! OOH! COmpetition!

I also now crave muffins. I'm betting the featured muffin was... caramel-centred?

Sooo tasty.

Tattaglia:
I also now crave muffins. I'm betting the featured muffin was... caramel-centred?

Sooo tasty.

Nah, I'm thinking generic choc-chip. She's from the West-Country and we have no such extravagances as filled muffins... or culture. :-P

Well this is a novel idea! I like it! Will the songs change tone for different genres of games?

One thing, though, I'm sure I've seen her in my town a few times. O.o
Edit:

ThatJagoGuy:

Nah, I'm thinking generic choc-chip. She's from the West-Country and we have no such extravagances as filled muffins... or culture. :-P

Ah. That explains it. Small world.

I don't get it.
Was it meant to be funny?
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.
I still didn't get it. And the vocals bugged the crap out of me.

But maybe that's just me.

It's not my normal taste in music but nonetheless I really liked the song. Even if you take away the Sims aspect/video the song still has merit of its own. A good laid back song - I liked the end where it says something like Dear god, someday I'll meet you.

ThatJagoGuy:

Tattaglia:

Sooo tasty.

Aw. Now you've gone and dashed my muffin fantasies away. It's four in the morning and already I lack tastiness.

EDIT: Oop, forgot to add my opinion. I liked it, but it really needs some improvement. Your comedic angle was good, but your jokes needed to be better and more plentiful. Other than that, you've got moxy, kid.

It's a nice idea, gaming songs, but it did go on just a little bit longer than my attention span could keep up with.

Other than that minor criticism, keep it up.

I liked it, but I don't see it being a very sustainable idea for a longtime show. A pretty good one time thing though.

Danny Ocean:

Does Exeter count as WestCountry? I mean - you have real roads! :-P

Tattaglia:

Aw. Now you've gone and dashed my muffin fantasies away. It's four in the morning and already I lack tastiness.

Time-zone craziness! It's 5pm here. I can buy all the dull muffins I desire!
Assuming this is to be a regular feature on the Escapist, I hope these vids pick up. I reckon there's a fair bit of potential in the idea.

ThatJagoGuy:

Danny Ocean:

We also have hundreds of not-quite-into-the-whole-'good life'-thing-enough-to-actually-go-buy-a-barn-and-do-it-up older middle-class people. Isn't that what really defines Devon? Older middle-class people?

And being stupidly over-taxed for the services we get?

And cow tipping?

Hmmm... I like it.

I think it could have been about a minute shorter because I felt like the lyrics started repeating, but I can see this turning into something I look forward too every couple of weeks. Keep singin' Rebecca and Welcome to The Escapist! :)

Numbert:
I liked it, but I don't see it being a very sustainable idea for a longtime show. A pretty good one time thing though.

Maybe - maybe not - it might be possible to make a song for a game each week. We shall see. Personally, I enjoyed both the music, the video, and the godess costume (insert prevy comment here).

Danny Ocean:

ThatJagoGuy:

Danny Ocean:

We also have hundreds of not-quite-into-the-whole-'good life'-thing-enough-to-actually-go-buy-a-barn-and-do-it-up older middle-class people. Isn't that what really defines Devon? Older middle-class people?

And being stupidly over-taxed for the services we get?

And cow tipping?

Tourist: So does living in the westcontry mean you have lower Crimerates?

Me:HAR HAR FUNNY- No, welcome to Torbay.

Oh and don't forget larp.. Lots and lots of LArp :3!

wow I didīn expect this..
great job!!
WELCOME TO THE ESCAPIST!!!!!!

ThatJagoGuy:

Tattaglia:

Sooo tasty.

A west-countrier? Bah, where are all the hot-singing-video-game-fan midlanders? Were, damn it!

Doug:
Maybe - maybe not - it might be possible to make a song for a game each week. We shall see. Personally, I enjoyed both the music, the video, and the godess costume (insert prevy comment here).

I'm pretty sure it's every two weeks, but don't quote me on that. Maybe one of the video peeps will jump in and correct me :P

Jon Etheridge:
Keep singin' Rebecca and Welcome to The Escapist! :)

I forgot to say that!
Welcome to the Escapist, Rebecca! Please enjoy your stay and ignore the body under the stairs and the troll outside.

Virgil:
Maybe one of the video peeps will jump in and correct me :P

Don't you all share an office building? You could yell at them.

That was new and interesting, and I liked it.
I think she has a very nice voice, and is also quite pretty to boot.

Wow, that was awfully nice, it being the internet and all.
Welcome to the Escapist.

Rebecca Mayes, where have you been all my life? I thought this was a great idea and I'm definitely looking forward to future videos, whether it be every two weeks as Virgil said, or weekly, or whatever. As a fan of the older and more established videos on the Escapist (mainly Doomsday Arcade, Unskippable and Zero Punctuation) I was a bit wary about the newer ones, i.e. Apocalypse Lane and Rebecca Mayes Muses, but they've both gained instant happy points with me. Keep it up, well done :)

EDIT: Captain, I thought we got rid of that body ages ago?

Baby Tea:
I don't get it.
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.

It's not just you... Believe me.

I just found it to be very weird... What was that!? It wasn't exactly my kind of music either.

--Xvito, keeping it excellent.

A folk singer with a love for computer games and nerdy culture? Now who does that remind me of???

However, that's a GOOD thing.

I would love to see more videos like that on The Escapist. My only criticism: get a real drummer, those beats got annoying really quickly, and didn't really give the song the beautiful appeal it was meant to have. Give those strings more room to shine :)

Always good to see someone try something new and it was hypnotisingly beautiful.
A Excellent way of showing the fact of playing god over the sims.

Hope to see more of these :)

Definitely one of the strangest things i've seen this week.

Have to be honest though crude as it may sound......

was thinking of a different kind of muffin while watching.

sorry.

Just read some of the previous posts. I doubt there would be so much praise if no one knew what she looked like in a bed sheet. C'mon people this is the fucking tinterweb. Let's see some bile!!!!

Virgil:

Doug:

I'm pretty sure it's every two weeks, but don't quote me on that. Maybe one of the video peeps will jump in and correct me :P

Yes, for now Rebbecca will have a new video every other week.

Must say I liked the song, not least for the frequent muffin references! I'm sittinG eating some cookies right now, not quite the same but close enough.

I liked the tubby Sim in the video too. He seems like an amiable sort of fellow...:)

Hm, definitely different. Don't know if you're looking for criticism, but here goes. Very unpolished. I had nothing against the sound of your voice, but there were passages where I couldn't even hear what you were singing, let alone enjoy the singing.
The music is terrible, to be frank. It even loses rhythm at times, and is more annoying on my ear drums than enjoyable due to the loud, repetitive and high pitch of the beat.
This is more or less something I would expect to find on Youtube, where one would look for feedback.

I'm sorry if I come off as harsh, but this did not sound good to me.
That being said, I'll be rooting for you to improve. Like I said, I like the sound of your voice, and the outfit looked nice. It has passages where it's kinda catchy. Maybe I will enjoy the next video more, if the melody suits me better.

Again, sorry if I seem harsh. Just my feedback.

I quite enjoyed that.

Although I am now sitting here trying to remember where I know the name rebecca Mayes from.

That was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Well that was cute.

I rather enjoyed that. good music, good vid, and so on. looking forward to many more of these!

Outstanding.
It portrayed the life and thoughts (what I imagine they think) of every sim we set up.
I got a good chuckle out of this one.

Hank's house is so similar to Eileen and Trent's (my Sims), heh.

I loved this song. I was expecting one of those songs you see on youtube where it's just one girl singing along to simple guitar chords; instead, I got somethign very well produced, not only aurally but also visually.

Welcome to The Escapist. I'm sure you'll be one of the most popular features on this site. Keep up the good work and the lovely singing!

Baby Tea:
I don't get it.
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

No, I'm with you on this one. I really don't see it's purpose at all, is it just for fun or is it offering us insight into the game via melody?
I watched it all just out of courtesy because it's the first video but I was sorely tempted to just skip it altogether.

Hopefully the style of song will be different with every game that gets its own tune, otherwise it's a limited audience.
That aside, Welcome to the Escapist, Rebecca.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here