Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Not my style of music, but I'm loving both the idea, context and the ACCORDION!!

yawn boring, not funny and bad music, no i didn't like it, but hey if someone else does then yay for them.

Wizzie:

Baby Tea:
I don't get it.
Was it meant to be funny?
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.
I still didn't get it. And the vocals bugged the crap out of me.

But maybe that's just me.

No, I'm with you on this one. I really don't see it's purpose at all, is it just for fun or is it offering us insight into the game via melody?
I watched it all just out of courtesy because it's the first video but I was sorely tempted to just skip it altogether.

Hopefully the style of song will be different with every game that gets its own tune, otherwise it's a limited audience.
That aside, Welcome to the Escapist, Rebecca.

so its not just you, but i have to disagree, i really enjoyed it, good song and a funny parody on the sims, good work! keep it up rebecca!

Snor:
yawn boring, not funny and bad music, no i didn't like it, but hey if someone else does then yay for them.

an thats fair enough, i like that kind of music and it was refreshing to see it used with reference to a game rather than life, really liked it, hopefully many more songs to come!

Haha I liked that. Something different. This might be my new catch phrase ...

"... and I'll haunt you if you kill me".

Holy crap, I could actually measure how far my enthusiasm for life went down during the watching of this video. (It's 7 cubic metres, by the way.) As far as I can see the people who've already posted here can be seperated into 3 categories. The pretentious ones who seem to think this is great art, the stupid ones who shout "LOL SHE'S HOTTTT" and my category, the people who were simply bored, and quite frankly baffled. I don't think I'll be tuning in again.

Wow... That was... That was Awesome.

I enjoyed it a lot, thank you.

Also, I now crave Muffins and Evil.

murphy7801:

Glademaster:
Hmm I don't think that some people are going to watch to this for the music... what are you doing in the bushes???

So glad some one else was thinking that oh well it a site for geeks.

I suppose then that the video series is a keeper then!!!
Ah seriously though it was alright could of been better could of been worse although I think this meant to be a more general entertainment thing unlike Zero Punctuation which is solely for the comedy.

really liked it, don;t know what people are talking about long length personally.

It's a new series here that I'm gonna stick to, already watched a few things to the fullest any way. Part of me wants to watch it cause I liked it, and the other part likes new things, and the thing part is in to weird things, so lets never speak of it again.

I got to say (and I hope this doesn't sound creepy )but your a lovely singer and gorgeous to boot

Like the idea, but as people before posted, went a bit too long.

What the hell?
I couldnt even watch the first minute of that.

nice idea.
but i didnt really like it.

also i whould like to mention how mature this forum is.
i have read the first few comments and all of them are about the music. (or muffins)
no one said something stupid and meaningless like "wow that girl is hot".
what is the internet becoming?

Slycne:
Yes, for now Rebbecca will have a new video every other week.

That's depressing, I'd like to see these every week.
I don't really get the ire for this but you gotta start somewhere right?

restoshammyman:
no one said something stupid and meaningless like "wow that girl is hot".

Maybe the people on this forum don't want to come off as creepers or something.
I will admit she is fairly attractive.

So your bit will be singing songs about games? Could be interesting. Only time will tell.

So Rebecca is pretty and attractive and she 95% knew this, and 100% know it by now (Don't let it get to your head). I prefer Rebbeca with fringe.

I liked the song (love the voice) and I find it very catchy like all the others of her songs. However there are people that doesn't like this kind of music and keeping all songs in the same tone might be a turn-off for them, but there will be people like me that likes the catchy songs with repetive lyrics that you can listen to while doing something, and won't threat this as a 3 mintues long one time amusment.

If you take ZeroPunctuation's final point of Sims3, and imply to this song then it is even funnier. You evil bewitching Rebecca XD

I have faith in this. At first Zero Punctuation had yellow backgrounds and some anglo-australian voice, and now look at its popurality now with all the improvments. Rebecca should do just fine in time :)

Ha, this was awesome. I seriously can't think of anything bad to say about this.

I might even say that...

Frank_Sinatra_:

Slycne:
Yes, for now Rebbecca will have a new video every other week.

That's depressing, I'd like to see these every week.
I don't really get the ire for this but you gotta start somewhere right?

Every week? Writing lyrics and a melody in 2 weeks is already pretty impressive, especially if they will all contain as many elements as this song.

As for my opinion, I think it's an interesting concept, but I definitely agree that there needs to be more lyrics-a-second, meaning less chorus and music and more straight singing stuff about the game. Actually think a rap or something would work pretty well for something like this. Someone get on that.

Seems like a good idea on paper, making songs about the game you've played, but honestly this one got on my nerves. Oh well, maybe it'll be better next time.

A brilliant masterpiece of sound engineering
showing the deep complexities of society and the vast range of day to day activities that together with the muffin juxtapose the frailty of the human condition.
The muffin a symbol of lust and desire is shown in a collaboration with the mans girth.
Simply incredible singing reminiscant of Celine dione makes this work really shine.
And the greek toga in itself is the foundation that holds this masterpiece together.
It implies the tragedies of greek theatre and the tragedy that the viewer can actively engage in for 3min23.
Again well done Im looking forward to more deep and compelling work such as this.

xoxo

Your biggest Fan.

[quote="zoozilla" post="6.125292.2628419"Every week? Writing lyrics and a melody in 2 weeks is already pretty impressive, especially if they will all contain as many elements as this song.[/quote]
Yes I know, just saying I'd like to see it every week. We all don't get what we want.

Wow, I'm glad I gave this a chance. This was gorgeous! You put a lot of effort into it and it showed. I've been a bit disappointed with the Escapist's latest new show, "Apocalypse Lane"; this, however, was awesome. Can't wait to see what direction you take with your songs. This could very well end up being one of my new favorite series.

eh i guess its just not my thing

Eh....this isn't for me. Whatever you're doing, I don't "get it" or find it entertaining. Maybe it's just not my forte.

Now I want a muffin.

I find it hilarious that people are bitching that it's not 'funny' enough for them. It's like people here don't understand that there are forms of entertainment other than comedy.

Personally, I'm a fan of video-game-based songs, and have started writing my own - if only I knew how to use FL Studio to make my own music, since I can't for the life of me play an instrument. I agree that the song could have been a little shorter, and I found that the voice seemed to sound a little more remixed than was necesaary - I'd like it more if it was just natural singing - there's no need for the remixing and mastering. Just a girl, an instrument and a voice is needed.

I look forward to seeing more - and welcome to The Escapist, Rebecca. Ignore the arseholes.

your very attractive...please dont change your outfit when you do your future songs. I have a thing for Greek and mythological arts.

oh, your voice is lovely, hope it carries you to great heights and deserved fame.

Love it. Catchy as well. Keep up the good work

Her Voice Is Very Beautiful, i found it Worked Rather Well, and now i really want to know what else is on her to do list for game/songs, but i like this

That was quite fun to listen to, and I hope there will be more in the future

Oh and Rebecca, did anyone mention that you are really cute? If not, than I do now

Maybe it's because I don't like or play the Sims, or maybe it's because I'm a classically trained musician but I didn't really enjoy it if I'm honest.

Stopped part way through cause it started grating on me enough that I couldn't really hear the words anymore.

Though on a positive as others have commented Rebecca is quite pretty which would get Simon Cowel's vote.

Also, I would say Exeter is West Country as it's Devon, I live around Bath so I'm all too familiar with west country folk, there is one thing I can agree with them on though; nothing beats a good scrumpy.

Now, off to Tesco for some muffins.

Okay, what was the point of this? I just found it boring, and the music wasn't exactly pleasant.

If the song and video was meaningful or at least any good, I'd be down with it.

But this was just "crap."

Excellent! a band from the west country that doesent sing about traKerrrs (thats a tractor to you common folks)wonder if she lives anywhere near bristol..

I really liked it the tune and everything, and i'm looking forward to another but i'm curious to see how you'll pull another one off

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here