Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I just cant stop watching, this song is so beautiful to listen to.
I am listening to this song over and over and I cant stop.

( Its also cause your very cute to look at 0:) )

I think it's amazing. Most of all it's different with it's tone and general sound

I think it's partially the dress..but I get a greek cross modern pop vibe from the song lol

And the fact that she's beautiful..Lol..The normal stero type in my mind of west country folk is fat and bald men..and women who look like men...>.<

I wonder If she knows bill bailey

I generally like gaming music... but that was pointless crap.

That was amazing! I'm looking forward to more songs!

I'm a huge fan of musical comedy, and, though there wasn't as many gags as I was hoping, I'm thinking it could grow on me. Just need a few more jokes, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the next song.

That was great. Fusing my love of great music with my love of games into a fantastic muffin shaped snack.

All I can think to say really, is...

Cute girl. Nice Toga.

I love this! I can be taken in so many ways depending on your moods and beliefs! Rebecca for the win. I like the "accent?" I don't know i just like the vocals, but then again I liked the song Yor's World, so yea, diction isn't all that. But seriously this is win of the musical variety!

I didnt like this one greatly, but as it is only the first one im sure it will improove dramatically. good work on taking the initiative to try something new (to me atleast)

Glademaster:

murphy7801:

Glademaster:
Hmm I don't think that some people are going to watch to this for the music... what are you doing in the bushes???

So glad some one else was thinking that oh well it a site for geeks.

I suppose then that the video series is a keeper then!!!
Ah seriously though it was alright could of been better could of been worse although I think this meant to be a more general entertainment thing unlike Zero Punctuation which is solely for the comedy.

Well I think its early days yet to judge, I did not like apocalypse lane first ep but it grew on me.

I dont know why you people are saying it wasnt funny enough. Who said it needed to be funny? I think she did an outstanding job at writing a song about sims and not having it be blatently game oriented until she mentions expansion packs. I like the way she kept it subtle because thats what writing music is about unless you are writing gag music for the purpose of being silly/stupid. I personally dont like gag music all that much, you can only listen to it a couple of times till it gets old and the gags are overdone. This had a beautiful mellody and made me want to download an MP3 for of the song.

This is a new series and I think a lot of you came in expecting certain things from this video. You shouldnt be expecting hilarious gags or anything of the sort, you should just watch what she has to offer, which I feel is great music.

As far as the video and song go, they where entertaining and sung by an attractive girl with a great voice, but not really my type of music.

I wonder if Rebecca Mayes is going to play other genres of music for other types of games. My thought is that maybe this was just the kind of music that struck her as appropriate for this game. Either way I look forward to more videos.

NemesiN:
I dont know why you people are saying it wasnt funny enough. Who said it needed to be funny? I think she did an outstanding job at writing a song about sims and not having it be blatently game oriented until she mentions expansion packs. I like the way she kept it subtle because thats what writing music is about unless you are writing gag music for the purpose of being silly/stupid. I personally dont like gag music all that much, you can only listen to it a couple of times till it gets old and the gags are overdone. This had a beautiful mellody and made me want to download an MP3 for of the song.

This is a new series and I think a lot of you came in expecting certain things from this video. You shouldnt be expecting hilarious gags or anything of the sort, you should just watch what she has to offer, which I feel is great music.

I don't care if something isn't funny. However, something has to be entertaining in some way. That's the problem with this video. It isn't entertaining. It's boring.

I liked it, for some reason it really reminds me of how Yahtzee was saying the game was evil. Now I'm afraid to go within 10ft of the game box :(

Oh wow, I loved this song. It was haunting yet quirky. I also like that its not on a set schedule, if it could stay that way I would like that because it would be one of those happy little surprises of the day. You know? I found it incredibly entertaining and would love to download an mp3 of it.

She's cute

The video seems to be dead here, nothing is showing up? Is there a direct link to the video somewhere?

i liked it.

keep singing :)

More! More! Heheehe.

It was pretty awesome though :)

Wow, making a song based on a video game, especially as a one-person-band, must be extremely difficult. I liked it, I hope the Escapist gives her a chance to make another one. Good singing voice, as well.

I loved the song. The video clips went well with the lyrics, which themselves were an interesting take on the game. I loved both the idea of you being a god, and yet not much of a god, as well as the idea that the Sims can see you too.

To those complaining that this doesn't have a purpose: it's art. Art doesn't need to have a purpose. It can be an expression of our feelings, it can make us think, or it can just be enjoyable as a form of entertainment. I'd say this was both a tribute to the game itself, as well as some insightful thoughts on the game itself and the position we take while playing it. But no matter what I think, even if I thought nothing at all, it can still be a piece of art and still exist without any purpose.

Oh, I did have one suggestion. The vocals sounded great, but the backing track was a little obvious. It was probably made in a tracking program, right? It can be tough to make those things sound realistic, but if you can, it adds a lot to the song. The tinny, synthetic sound of a drum machine shows up noticably against the natural, full sound of recorded vocals and creates a distracting contrast (though maybe that was intended?). In general, it's best to avoid that any way you can -- if nothing else, it detracts from the production quality, which greatly affects the way people see the song.

That was really quite a little gem :D . I like the music, I know some people are saying its repetitive and long, but I found little problem with it, and know many, many songs and genres that are much worse offenders anyway! I can see the vocals getting a little whiney with slower music (too high and faux-American; whats wrong with a bit of British inflection?!), but with a fast and upbeat song it doesnt happen. I liked the way it built up. And yes, the goddess costume was very nice!

HardRockSamurai:
A folk singer with a love for computer games and nerdy culture? Now who does that remind me of???

However, that's a GOOD thing.

snip

I love Code Monkeys. Didn't know this was an actual full length song. Thanks.

OT: When I first saw Miss Rebecca on the front page, I thought she was dressed up as Kid Icarus or something. Cannot wait for the next song. Perhaps a downloadable EP or something somewhere down he line?

I now have a secret crush on Mayes...

Oh Noes! My secret's out!

that was great. I don't know why everybody is asking for more jokes and such (it had a good amount of comedy in it) not everything has to be roll on the floor constantly funny. from a musical point of view its brilliant, she reminds me a lot of Imogen Heap. It's just a shame its so short.

Honesty, I liked it enough to leave a SECOND response. I just cant stop listening to this song.

"You made me a miserable sob, so you can watch me screw it up!" HEY!
ONE MORE TIME!
"You made me a miserable sob, so you can watch me screw it up!" HEY!

I love it!

For those saying that this doesn't have a purpose, this is the first video. It's quite likely that this is just to give the viewer an impression of what her future installments will be about.

Kinda folk-chick, but fun. Did you|she actually aply the instruments? I assumed they were samples.

Like the toga, though.

WOW... just... amazing, great song, great rythm kind of obscure and well, i kind of enjoyed it because i feel just like that while playing the sims 3... ehem...

very well done, excelent video, excelent song, and she is kind of cute too!!

hope to see more of her...

wonder how would a song on manhunt would go!?

haha

Higurashi:
Hm, definitely different. Don't know if you're looking for criticism, but here goes. Very unpolished. I had nothing against the sound of your voice, but there were passages where I couldn't even hear what you were singing, let alone enjoy the singing.
The music is terrible, to be frank. It even loses rhythm at times, and is more annoying on my ear drums than enjoyable due to the loud, repetitive and high pitch of the beat.
This is more or less something I would expect to find on Youtube, where one would look for feedback.

I'm sorry if I come off as harsh, but this did not sound good to me.
That being said, I'll be rooting for you to improve. Like I said, I like the sound of your voice, and the outfit looked nice. It has passages where it's kinda catchy. Maybe I will enjoy the next video more, if the melody suits me better.

Again, sorry if I seem harsh. Just my feedback.

I don't mean to nit-pick your post, I think it's prefectly fine to have complaints about music or even come out and dislike the peice.

The only reason I picked yours to use as an example (sorry) is that it actually hit me as being overly blunt and harsh which is not what I think you were meaning to do.

Please, please people, when any one wants to write a criticism think about how you would feel if it was directed at you. The negative will stay with someone far longer then the positive - especially for artists or others who create something from nothing. As somenone who has been involved in both playing and composing music for over 20 years I can say that from experience. And any song, no matter how droll it may seem still, almost always, is an extension of that person.

This isn't my normal kind of music but I thought it was good. Welcome to the Escapist!

*And to all those who thought the song repeated itself to much - please please Dear God go listen to any song new or old. A lot of music has this pattern and I thought she used it quite well.

Amoreyna:
I don't mean to nit-pick your post, I think it's prefectly fine to have complaints about music or even come out and dislike the peice.

The only reason I picked yours to use as an example (sorry) is that it actually hit me as being overly blunt and harsh which is not what I think you were meaning to do.

Please, please people, when any one wants to write a criticism think about how you would feel if it was directed at you. The negative will stay with someone far longer then the positive - especially for artists or others who create something from nothing. As somenone who has been involved in both playing and composing music for over 20 years I can say that from experience. And any song, no matter how droll it may seem still, almost always, is an extension of that person.

This isn't my normal kind of music but I thought it was good. Welcome to the Escapist!

*And to all those who thought the song repeated itself to much - please please Dear God go listen to any song new or old. A lot of music has this pattern and I thought she used it quite well.

Thinking about how it would feel is exactly what I did. I am confident enough that I would take the criticism and try to improve those parts, for that is what criticism is for. If no one lets you know, you may never get to know and thus never be truly liked by those that chose to stay silent or present only the positive. Too much positive is worse than too much negative, in my opinion, for as far as performance goes.

The reason I gave feedback is because it seems like the kind of work that wants it, like I said. Something I would expect to find on Youtube, looking for exactly that. I do not know if she wants it since she says nothing of it, and listening to it or not is entirely up to her.

Music should indeed be an extension of a person. I enjoy it the most when I feel that. The key to this lies in the voice. It is not like an instrument. It can convey a lot more than just mood.

The repetition in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, although I find it often is. She has used it decently. The problem is the sound. It is too high-pitched and fluctuating to be a comfortable repetitive sound. I don't feel right continuing the criticism if I do not get any response to it, so I shall end here.

You know, I didn't care for it that much at first, but by the end I realized I actually enjoyed it... And proceeded to have it stuck in my head all day

I liked it and would like to see more.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or