Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Haha. I can picture the minds of Escapist thinking about this one.

"Hmm. Its a girl. Blonde. She plays games."

".....No I don't care about the rubbish music, print whatever she does and we're made!

Thank the Gods for horny, overweight, no-sex gamers!"

Good vocals, however, the song did not include the only thing I like to do in the sims. Trap my character in a small room with no doors or windows. So

I really liked this one, but I loved your Resident Evil one. If you keep if up I will tune in for each video, and I am pretty picky!

omg, i think i'm in love lol. Seriously, that was awesome

FleaJr:

^Mimi:
I don't know how to put this, but I'll try anyway.

From what I've seen, you have some potential in you, and the song was actually catchy at places, unfortunately, it didn't managed to pass as adequate in my view. >_<

You can improve so much more if you want to, the video just left me confuzzled really, I don't know what you were going for.

And anyway, some of the comments I saw left me a bit "eh".. people focusing on the looks instead of the real content.. Well yeah, I guess that's how the music industry works nowadays.

I do have tremendous hope for you. =)
Just keep on trying to improve. And try to find people who criticize you, adequately.

Sorry if I came out as too harsh >_<, best of hope to you.

You've got to understand, this isn't being pushed as 'Music' as such, this is marketed as entertainment, the proof of such being that the song is not available readily without the accompanying video.
In terms of The Escapist at least, this girl comes to us as a complete package, looks, music, editing etc. and as such should be reviewed on that basis, rather than just on musical 'potential'.

In my opinion, what is being pushed here above all else, is her looks, not her content.
It is this (for me) that makes her entirely forgettable, but will keep the punters clicking, generating more interest.

Just my one pence

FleaJr:

^Mimi:
I don't know how to put this, but I'll try anyway.

From what I've seen, you have some potential in you, and the song was actually catchy at places, unfortunately, it didn't managed to pass as adequate in my view. >_<

You can improve so much more if you want to, the video just left me confuzzled really, I don't know what you were going for.

And anyway, some of the comments I saw left me a bit "eh".. people focusing on the looks instead of the real content.. Well yeah, I guess that's how the music industry works nowadays.

I do have tremendous hope for you. =)
Just keep on trying to improve. And try to find people who criticize you, adequately.

Sorry if I came out as too harsh >_<, best of hope to you.

You've got to understand, this isn't being pushed as 'Music' as such, this is marketed as entertainment, the proof of such being that the song is not available readily without the accompanying video.
In terms of The Escapist at least, this girl comes to us as a complete package, looks, music, editing etc. and as such should be reviewed on that basis, rather than just on musical 'potential'.

In my opinion, what is being pushed here above all else, is her looks, not her content.
It is this (for me) that makes her entirely forgettable, but will keep the punters clicking, generating more interest.

Just my one pence

Why do I get the impression that over analysis is just unnecessary?

It might have something to do with this just being a bit of fun, not an entry in American Idol.

Some people enjoyed it, others not so. It dosn't really need to get anymore complicated than that. :)

NoDice1.3:

It might have something to do with this just being a bit of fun, not an entry in American Idol.

Some people enjoyed it, others not so. It doesn't really need to get anymore complicated than that. :)

Why do I get the impression that you don't understand how these 'bits of fun' are made, they rely directly on everything that we were discussing, namely how marketable each aspect of the video is to the intended audience.
Now we may not have any effect on anything to do with the production of these videos. but such things are not the purpose of discussion.
And if you think entries to American Idol are over analyzed then you are more deluded than many.

Very cute.

Who are your inspirations?

I like it!

More pls k thx!

I just gave your song a second listening to, I must say that I do enjoy the music, but I don't see a reason for this to be here. I'm sorry, but upon doing a little research you just seem to be trying to attach yourself to the gaming community, which is a shame. I think you could write songs that stand on their own, rather than twisting yourself around this gaming gimmick and hoping to catch on with a larger audience. Oh well, you're not the only example and far from the worst...

Wow! Great song :D Great video, and cute girl :) Is there any chance of downloading it?

FleaJr:

NoDice1.3:

Some people enjoyed it, others not so. It doesn't really need to get anymore complicated than that. :)

Why do I get the impression that you don't understand how these 'bits of fun' are made, they rely directly on everything that we were discussing, namely how marketable each aspect of the video is to the intended audience.
Now we may not have any effect on anything to do with the production of these videos. but such things are not the purpose of discussion.
And if you think entries to American Idol are over analyzed then you are more deluded than many.

Very snide..... and unhelpful in a discussion if you were trying to be anything else.

I'm not against analysis, and I fully realize that those at the escapist would have put this through some guidelines for it's potential marketability to the target audience.

What I was trying to get at was that every man and his dog on an open forum has a habit of trying to seem like an art critic.

They may be art critics, they may be good ones with well thought out and thorough opinions.

I was more or less stating an unfounded, emotionally driven opinion that despite the apparent flaws I still liked it, and that there is nothing wrong with liking something that in all respects is a comparatively good independent production.

I may have communicated my opinion better... maybe not. It don't matter.

Add misunderstanding to your own tastes :)

You need to get this song on radio, be that e-radio or something commercial.

It's really good. The sound quality is a bit weird maybe, or it could be my headset, but the tune itself rocks and the chorus is brilliant (and it's a good chorus that makes a memorable song).

I still dont know whether or not to try this game

NoDice1.3:

Very snide..... and unhelpful in a discussion if you were trying to be anything else.

You're right, I was trying to be snide, as happens to be standard fare 'round these parts, It's the only thing that separates us from the fanboys (See: every other comment in this thread, nay forum, nay internet)

NoDice1.3:

I'm not against analysis, and I fully realize that those at the escapist would have put this through some guidelines for it's potential marketability to the target audience.

What I was trying to get at was that every man and his dog on an open forum has a habit of trying to seem like an art critic.

They may be art critics, they may be good ones with well thought out and thorough opinions.

I was more or less stating an unfounded, emotionally driven opinion that despite the apparent flaws I still liked it, and that there is nothing wrong with liking something that in all respects is a comparatively good independent production.

Fair enough, just as long as you know it was unfounded and emotionally driven (read: 'Wrong')The 'apparent flaws' really put me off, and I feel that it is a shame that people will sink to these base pleasures just to squeeze some cheap entertainment out of what could be reasonable content. (American idol anyone?)

NoDice1.3:

I may have communicated my opinion better... maybe not. It don't matter.

Oh but it does, teh internetz r srious bisnes

NoDice1.3:

Add misunderstanding to your own tastes :)

Nice,
Let's be friends.

i love it. I laugh every time I watch it, then I have to go get a muffin.

I really enjoyed this fresh and innovative approach to a video game review. The song was also very satisfying. However, I would hope in the future you'd show a little range to your talent. Maybe a rockabilly racing review, or a look at Fallout inspired by Billie Holiday.

welcome to the escapist Rebecca.
i think that it is a really original idea to make funny song on games. it was funny, but not to much funny. still, very good video. the music was good, Rebeccas voice is nice to and the words of the song were good as well as funny.
agian, i must say, this was a really good video to my opinion, but can she repeat this success?

FarleShadow:
Haha. I can picture the minds of Escapist thinking about this one.

"Hmm. Its a girl. Blonde. She plays games."

".....No I don't care about the rubbish music, print whatever she does and we're made!

Thank the Gods for horny, overweight, no-sex gamers!"

I can't help but agree with your assessment of these events.

I tried playing the video on a tab in my browser so I couldn't see the video and the music didn't appease. Honestly, it's just not very good. Maybe she'll get better with time, but she's not there yet.

I miss the days when singers could literally be ugly as sin and still be heard on the radio because they had incredible singing voices, like Janis Joplin and Simon and Garfunkel. These weren't good-looking people, but they're amazing singers who helped shape the world of music.

I'd like people to imagine Rebecca being 250 lbs and see how much they like the video then. I'm not saying she doesn't have potential, it's just that she's earning praise for something other than musical talent.

Sorry, but I call it like it is.

liking it.
Good points,
Funny Lyrics,
A nice video,
And a VERY catchy tune.

Hope to hear more from you.

Baby Tea:
I don't get it.
Was it meant to be funny?
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.
I still didn't get it. And the vocals bugged the crap out of me.

But maybe that's just me.

ialso stopped halfway through this is not my type of show u have a good voice girl but save it for serious music

I know i'm late, but welcome and you are great

Baby Tea:
I don't get it.
Was it meant to be funny?
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.
I still didn't get it. And the vocals bugged the crap out of me.

But maybe that's just me.

It's not just you.

I got bored a minute in. I guess I'm either too dumb to 'get' the material or too intelligent to fall for a hot chick playing autotuned nerd-themed mediocre electro-pop.

Mmmm... Muffins. I laughed out loud at that line.

Marry me! You rock my world!

Sorry not for me.

Quite enjoyable. I've never seen any of these "Muses" videos before, and I have to admit that I was expecting a silly sort of song instead of a surprisingly good melody.

And now I want muffins.

at 1:18 she s play'n that instrument... akkordeon? or sth... and you can almost see her panties!!!
oh man, i got sooo erroused by that view!

actually... no, but she is prety pretty.

This is definitely my favorite video of yours so far. I love it.

It's been slightly over a year now and this song still randomly sneaks into my mind together with other catchy songs that'll haunt me for the rest of my life.

It's kind of amusing when people catch me humming "I see you, I see you sitting in your chair" to myself at the office, cause they have no idea where it's from.

I bet Hank's dead now. :(

That was the most creative video I have ever seen anyone do on the Sims 3 alone. The music, the scenes, even the plot of the script (as in the events) were all well planned out. I was impressed and loved every moment, including that I laughed hard when the video stated, "You're always complaining that the Expansion Packs are to Expensive" Awesome. Well done of course!

Very nice, but I wish the song had more content, I'm hoping it will get better incrementally.

And I understand the dress is fanservice, but honestly jeans+shirt and more content will be far more appreciated.

Love your voice, quite a catchy song as well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here