Unskippable: Wolverine Uncaged

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

NoMoreSanity:
Excellent Unskippable for an excellent game. My only complaint is that unlike previous Unskippables you skipped a whole level of gameplay to get to the next cutscene.

Is it really an excellent game? Because I was thinking it looked like the most fun game they've done one for yet, but the movie wasn't good, so I wasn't sure.

OT: Very good episode! I was a little disappointed by the smaller length compared to some recent episodes, but after watching it, I was laughing too hard to care.

The Great JT:
How DO you melt an indestructable metal?

How do you create an indestructable metal?

According to the mythos as I understand, adamantium cannot be re-melted once it hardens. This means it is only molten when you combine its constituent components - likely various metals and the souls of countless orphans. (Yes, I'm aware of the vibranium deposits in Wakanda. We're talking man-made adamantium here, people.)

Hmmm when can I get myself some Air to surface Wolverine Missile?

woem:

Xorghul:
Why stab a guy 16 times when he dies from the first one?...

Yeah he did seem overly aggressive. Normally he's not showing off like that, especially when no-one else is around.

The camera-man was there.
Oh! So that's why. He WAS showing of. It's understandably then I suppose.

"He can hear him looking!"

The "...at 6:00" had me laughing my ass off. Vague timescale - vague timescale + very specific time = clarity.

That was a good one, but you've had better. For example, the last episode.

"My partner being brutally slaughtered was all part of my plan!"

This plan doesn't work so well when you have less partners than enemies, btw.

Great moments in this week's epp, nice work guys.

Last weeks made me laugh the entire time, but this one wasn't as good. I still laughed though.

"Alright, so this is 'many years' before the 'not too distant future'."

You don't even know how much I appreciated the MST3K reference...

Other than that, very funny episode overall.

Best. MST3K Reference. Ever.

you have to wonder how dumb the american military is, if they send wave after wave of soldiers at a guy who clearly won't die from bullet overdose only then to send another wave of soldiers with the same guns.

come on generals, use those brain cells, lets try to spice things up a bit, at least for wolverines sake

LeeshaJoy:

popdafoo:

LeeshaJoy:
I gotta ask--where's the challenge in playing a videogame where the player character basically can't die?

It's for blowing off steam, my man. Even been super pissed and you wish you could just stab many people in the chest with claws that grow out of your hands? Everyone has. Challenge does not equal fun.

Fair enough, though in my experience, games where the player character is that overpowered stop being fun long before you hit the end. And FYI, I'm female.

now i feel like an asshole cause it took me a while to beat that game :'(

etherlance:
you have to wonder how dumb the american military is, if they send wave after wave of soldiers at a guy who clearly won't die from bullet overdose only then to send another wave of soldiers with the same guns.

come on generals, use those brain cells, lets try to spice things up a bit, at least for wolverines sake

Do you know how many people insist on shooting at Superman? Same principle. It's all they know how to do, so they keep doing it.

Anyway. Along those lines, there're the idiots shooting at him after the helicopter thing. Seriously, guys, he's a man without a parachute falling from God knows how many thousands of feet up. If he isn't going to die from hitting the ground, what the frak do you think your bullets are going to do to him?

Is anyone else confused by the video? First it was in the future, then the past for no good reason, then when Wolverine's getting his adamantium coating. Is the entire game taking place in a flashback or is it taking place in the future?

quick question does wolverine = immortal?

Xorghul:

woem:

Xorghul:
Why stab a guy 16 times when he dies from the first one?...

Yeah he did seem overly aggressive. Normally he's not showing off like that, especially when no-one else is around.

The camera-man was there.
Oh! So that's why. He WAS showing of. It's understandably then I suppose.

Yeah, and he kills the cameraman right at the end, remember? That's why the video stops and he stops showing off.

heresssss wolfvey

how DO you melt an indestructible metal??... maybe two bits of adamantium rubbing together?

Rachet922:
What, No references to the game being called wolverine uncaged?

Remember they called no punsies a while ago.

Is anyone else having problems watching this in Firefox? Since they changed the video system a week or so ago, none of the videos have worked in Firefox for me.

gamegod25:
OMG loved the MST3K reference XD

I know. I was like LOLOLOLOLOL when I heard it.
Cause, you know, these guys are like the MST3K robots with their riffs and stuff.

Brilliant Episode, lol, the MST3K ref was brilliant and the "Bullets will only piss him off" =D

Seems like Gore was definetly at a premium!

Generator:

NoMoreSanity:
Excellent Unskippable for an excellent game. My only complaint is that unlike previous Unskippables you skipped a whole level of gameplay to get to the next cutscene.

Is it really an excellent game? Because I was thinking it looked like the most fun game they've done one for yet, but the movie wasn't good, so I wasn't sure.

OT: Very good episode! I was a little disappointed by the smaller length compared to some recent episodes, but after watching it, I was laughing too hard to care.

Yes it is, it's one of my favorite games of the year so far and the best movie-based game ever.

NoMoreSanity:

Generator:

NoMoreSanity:

Yes it is, it's one of my favorite games of the year so far and the best movie-based game ever.

Hm, guess I'll have to try it out. Thanks.

A moment of silence for the camera man who was killed because of an opposite day joke...

gamegod25:

Yep, made my day.

Cama Zots:

gamegod25:

I know. I was like LOLOLOLOLOL when I heard it.
Cause, you know, these guys are like the MST3K robots with their riffs and stuff.

Yeah IMO Graham and Paul have taken on the torch of riffing bad movies from MST3K. They are doing a great job.

not a zaar:

Stabby Joe:
The only thing I can think of that can melt indestructible metal is maybe the sun... but I don't think they had that.

Excellent episode, this really is one the best things on this site!

Now how much is based off the actual (bad) movie?

The surface of the sun is not actually all that hot compared to the temperatures in most industrial smelters.

Lol! Come on, can't we make an exaggerated joke?

True Nero:
good point about the STD's... never thought about that

"In addition to accelerated healing of physical traumas, Wolverine's healing factor makes him extraordinarily resistant to diseases, drugs, and toxins. However, he still suffers the immediate effects of such substances; he has been shown to become intoxicated after significant dosages of alcoholic beverages,[42] and has been incapacitated on several occasions with drugs and poisons.[43] Although his body heals, the healing factor doesn't suppress the pain he endures while injured.[44]"

GamerLuck:
Along the same lines as the blood thing, I have always wondered, if you cut Wolverine in half, do you get two Wolverines, or do the two halves come back to each other?

Anyway, Awesome as always guys, and glad to see you steared clear of the JRG'S this time around... and hopefully for a while to come.

" It has been stated in the Xavier Protocols, a series of profiles created by Xavier that lists the strengths and weaknesses of the X-Men, that Wolverine's healing factor is increased to "incredible levels" and theorizes that the only way to stop him is to decapitate him and remove his head from the vicinity of his body"

The two halves come back together, or he crawls to his lower half and puts it near the upper half, allowing them to regenerate.

For those curious about Adamantium clicky. As Captain Crunch said, it's made from other things that are initially brought together, thus it HAS to be melted before the compounds are brought together otherwise a) they wouldn't mix or b) they wouldn't melt.

References -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)#Fictional_character_biography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

oh jeez that was easily the funnies tone since Lost Odyssey. "Just follow the scent of beer, sweat and lonliness..." "I guess the cutscene is over if the cameraman dies"

snuffler:

True Nero:
good point about the STD's... never thought about that

"In addition to accelerated healing of physical traumas, Wolverine's healing factor makes him extraordinarily resistant to diseases, drugs, and toxins. However, he still suffers the immediate effects of such substances; he has been shown to become intoxicated after significant dosages of alcoholic beverages,[42] and has been incapacitated on several occasions with drugs and poisons.[43] Although his body heals, the healing factor doesn't suppress the pain he endures while injured.[44]"

GamerLuck:
Along the same lines as the blood thing, I have always wondered, if you cut Wolverine in half, do you get two Wolverines, or do the two halves come back to each other?

Anyway, Awesome as always guys, and glad to see you steared clear of the JRG'S this time around... and hopefully for a while to come.

" It has been stated in the Xavier Protocols, a series of profiles created by Xavier that lists the strengths and weaknesses of the X-Men, that Wolverine's healing factor is increased to "incredible levels" and theorizes that the only way to stop him is to decapitate him and remove his head from the vicinity of his body"

The two halves come back together, or he crawls to his lower half and puts it near the upper half, allowing them to regenerate.

For those curious about Adamantium clicky. As Captain Crunch said, it's made from other things that are initially brought together, thus it HAS to be melted before the compounds are brought together otherwise a) they wouldn't mix or b) they wouldn't melt.

References -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)#Fictional_character_biography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

Thanks for the clerification... Never expected someone to dig for that kind of info... either way, Wolverine just got that much more bad ass in my book... and was pretty bad ass to begin with

When I first watched this series it was terrible (my first video was the eternal sonata one), I clicked on this as a whim and it appears unskippable has actually gotten good.

I'm going to start watching this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or