Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Guerrilla

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Red Faction Guerrilla

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Red Faction Guerrilla.

Download the Zero Punctuation intro and theme at The Escapist Music Library.

Watch Video

I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.

TheOnceandFutureKing:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.

If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 98th episode...

EDIT: August 5th...see what happens when you think you are a week ahead?

Nice.
That one was pretty funny.
I laughed so hard at the image of the wedding.
Lol

It was good but i was hoping it would fair better since i plan to buy this game.

Loved it...Totally agree with the last point...If its supposed to be like Guerrilla warfare, they totally messed that up...

I enjoyed it, but did anyone else feel it was a bit short? or perhaps it's just sleep deprivation sending me nuts :D

actually I think it is just the sleep deprivation. :)

another excellent video.

good as always

Oddly, I didn't laugh during it, but as soon as I closed it to write this post, I began giggling like a madman.

It's not playing for me either, and I disabled Ad-Block (eventhough I write my own filter list, and it was working fine last week...).

That was a pretty good ZP; he really likes Saints Row 2 apparently.

That was one of the best ZPs I've seen in a long time...
Of course, I think it is partly due to the nostalgia of the game-that-crushes-gaming-childhood-bliss that all jaded gamers of this day have all experienced.

Or perhaps its more that it was like he was really having a heartfelt talk with the viewers? I don't know, but I still feel the obligation to kick him in the shin, should I ever meet him in person.

I dunno if I'm just getting used to Yahtzee's voice, and whether I keep drifting in and out, but that seemed really short, even if the timebar says 4 mins...

Hmm, every single thing I've heard about this game so far seems to focus on being able to destroy many, many big things. My only opinion on this game is "meh". Nice wedding dress, though.

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:

If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)

Nothing good will happen or he'll review a game he actually likes. Maybe the new old Monkey Island game.

...or you guys will hype it up. I don't know which I dread the most.

less gurrila and more chimpanzee!! HAHAAH man this is why i look forward to this every week

Now will people stop asking him to review it!?

Now I'm wondering what the next game in the ZP demand box will be?

As for the game itself, it is very fun, blowing up nearly everything in sight is a very good way to blow off steam. Sure its hard later but of course you also need challenge.

Also I don't get the complaints the world is bland... ITS MARS! It was like one ecosystem, maybe two if theories on it's water are true lol!

Decent review, but the game wasn't given as much credit it deserves since it's probably the best game to come out this year thusfar. It's incredibly cathartic and, lack of terrain destruction and occasionally wonky physics, nearly limitless.

And did Yahtzee seriously complain that he couldn't kill civilians (aka the guys you're fighting to free) without consequence? Except Prototype, name me one game you can.

The classic guerilla pun makes a return to a ZP video!

Also, I laughed hard at the Dalec (sp?) and wedding pictures. :D

But yeah, RF1 was rubbish, I liked RF2, but I don't think I'll take part in this one... I mean, I love stealth games, but this one doesn't sound like it is very stealthy, even though it should be...

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:

If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)

The Escapist will explode into Branston Pickle and hats.

This one felt kind of short, like he wasn't intrested in the game or in reviewing it. Still made me laught a few times, though.

Blowing shit up and then immediately killing everything in a 100-bajillion-mile-radius is guerrilla warfare? And here I thought it was about sneaking around, covertly blowing things up and undermining an evil organization.

I don't think I'll take part in this revolution. Thank you for the heads-up, Yahtzee.

I didn't like the first Red Faction, but I DID like this one.

I enjoyed this one but there weren't too many "lolocaust" moments where I was in pain over all the hilarity. Though it's not like Mr. Croshaw has much to work with... there's really nothing but crap coming out until September.

Here's hoping for something really cool next week a.k.a not a clipshow.

I remember reading that the game runs the same engine as saints row 2 and that in earlier stages it caused some people in game to go nuts and start shooting everyone. But I love the hammer of thor and can agree some buildings can stand on a toothpick until you go under them..

His review actually made me want to play it. I've been uncertain until now, but I think I'll go check it out.

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:

Just because I love Themis Media's properties like Yahtzee loves Portal (well, OK, I'm not capable of loving anything---maybe not even my wife---THAT much!), I won't even tell that poor soul how to have your cake and eat it too by getting rid of the ads and still watching.

On-topic, Saints Row 2 was more like a lucky accident on the part of those developers, and when they found themselves forced to make a game with a beginning, middle, and end, they fell flat on their asses. They couldn't make RF:G a sandbox game largely because the setting would run smack into the plausibility wall if they were to try it, so they were stuck making a game ill-suited to their own talents as a developer. If they learn from their mistakes (that is, make Saints Row 3) they should be fine.

that last pun was AWSOME

now i want to drive a monster truck into someones living room
:(

Call me a freak but I rather liked the first Red Faction.

I have it on my rent list, but I tried both demos and to be honest I got bored very quickly with hitting things with the hammer. He is completely correct about the buildings, they look like they are made out of paper but it seems that you need to sit their for 30 minutes smashing the thing apart.

Maybe I will appreciate the full game more but it did seem really dull very quickly. Maybe hitting things with hammers just isn't that exciting.

Christ, that last pun made me cringe.

Is it me or is Yahtzee's rant style getting slower?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here