Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Guerrilla

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Ahhhh gotta love these. Thought the Saints Row part at the end was rather amusing, "that overly long wedding proposal disguised as a review" lol
Fantastic as per usual!

not bad but not good as well

sorry good mate

this one wasn't very funny compare to all the others(this one and Heavenly sword) have to be your worst reviews ever.

That was one of the best reviews yet. Hilarious.

That was funny. I loved the line about it being like Saints Row 2 where you can do a side mission where you ride in a vehicle shooting poo at building, except the poo explodes.

Aidoc:

ssgt splatter:
As much fun as it was to plow through EDF property with a walker while playing the demo on XBL, I couldn't convince myself to like this game. Everything in this review is true right down to the somewhat faulty physics. Keep it up Yahtzee.

The stress system wasn't even in the demo there bud. If you sit and watch a heavily damaged building in the full game, it will collapse given a bit of time as it would in real life. There are some glitches, but EVERY GAME HAS GLITCHES. This game does something more ambitious than any game to come out for a good while, and you're going to pick at the occasional physics glitch?

What? Dude... uhg, OK maybe it is unfair for me to pick on the small physics glitch but still Yahtzee is right. Besides, the demo told me enough about the game in general, I wouldn't enjoy it. I had high hopes for it but I never really liked the heavy Sci-Fi shooters like Halo or F.E.A.R or Resistence and Red Faction Gureilla is no different. Developers should create demos for every major title cause then it saves us money and in the long run we can then buy other games from them that we know we would love.

DunGenocidin

*chortles merrily*

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.

If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)

Yahtzee will read out some hate mail? Or maybe he'll take the day off... Anyway, I was wondering when you'd review RD:G, I didn't think it felt at all like Saints row 2, the only noticeable similarity for me was a few crappy cameos. Like finding a voice tag from Shundi.

Good review but it did some kinda short this week. Nothing bad about that except for the fact that he made fun of my people! *Points to his avatar*

So I guess the first Red Faction is what helped him turn into the semi bitter game reviewer that he is today.

seemed a little... short I dont know it just whizzed by but I generaly liked this review, can't wait for episode 100

I need to get them newlyweds a gift.
where are they registered?

04whim:
I enjoyed it, but did anyone else feel it was a bit short? or perhaps it's just sleep deprivation sending me nuts :D

actually I think it is just the sleep deprivation. :)

I thought it was a bit short but maybe when your only positive reason to get outta bed ona wednesday is "OMFG NEW ZP TODAY YESSS!!" then all his new vid's seem a bit short lol

eitherway short or not loved it, love 'em all, Yahtzee will forever remain the king

Side note: Is is just me or does it seem you can go on any give ZP thread and theres always at lest 2 or 3 people getting banned/suspened/warnings?

Really, really should have seen that pun coming.

weren't the last 2 zps rather short? I meen, can't he squeeze at least 5 minutes, I'm disappointed. It was funny and nice, but, common Yathzee, u used to do a decent job earlier, and now...

achilleas.k:
Is it me or is Yahtzee's rant style getting slower?

that and your getting used to it

I liked the Ziggy Stardust reference at the end. But then again there was a documentary about jumping spiders called Spiders From Mars, either way it made me smile.

forgot to mention I double checked and I counted 5 pages with 20 videos per page so am I right or did I miss something?

I just ignored morale when I played. Inevitably my morale would rise from doing whatever kind of missions I wanted. Also, drive through random EDF propaganda with a vehicle for a little boost. It was really easy to raise morale. You might only have to be careful on really hard difficulties where you'd need to carefully manage every aspect of the game to survive.

TheOnceandFutureKing:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.

sunami88:
It's not playing for me either, and I disabled Ad-Block (eventhough I write my own filter list, and it was working fine last week...).

Check the help page and see if any of that helps you. It usually does. If you're still having trouble, the last item on the list has some contact info and stuff to send us, and we'll try to get you fixed up as soon as possible.

We updated our video player to the latest version of Flowplayer last week, which fixed a bunch of know problems, but it's possible that there are some new unknown ones now.

Darzok:
It was good but i was hoping it would fair better since i plan to buy this game.

Never take Yahtzee at face value. He's looking for the meanest things he can say and rarely about the good bits. The few nods to the good bits he makes are there. You destroy with a hammer and channel Thor. It's good fun.

DO YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE?

Seriously, don't use reviews with arbitrary scores or Yahtzee's ramblings to make your decisions for you. That's what you have a brain for. Yahtzee is here for comedic relief, not to tell us every game by 3 out there are total rubbish and not to buy them.

"Hah that will teach you to tell me what to do!"
"Your morale has gone down"
"No it fucking hasnt!"

Those lines cracked me up for some reason.

Aidoc:
That was the worst review I've seen from Yahtzee yet. I love him and I'm a huge fan, but he just seemed like he had no idea what he was talking about. Red Faction is an amazing game, and the shots he took at it were unwarranted.

I don't believe the shots were unwarranted. What he said about the game is true. The problem I see with a lot of fans is that, when he dislikes something they like, they complain. Of course, that's part of the fun of Yahtzee. He's the guy that so many love to hate and with whom they enjoy disagreeing.

I SOOOO want a "Hope" shirt.... nice review as always. I'm a little pissed that they got rid of the geomod technology from the first game...it was cheesy, but it was fun cheesy. Oh well, at least there's enough stuff to blow up everywhere else. Word of warning to new players - as tempting as it is, do NOT blow up the bridges, at least not all of them. They really help you out.

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:

If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)

Will there be a car chase? Or a dramatic Shootout!?
Oh, I just can't wait! :D

It's actually not THAT bad a game. I have it and I very much enjoy it. I will freely admit I was expecting some hate from ol' Yahtzee, at least for the storyline, but I figured he'd at least like the gun that shoots exploding shurikens and the other that arcs lightning Emperor Palpatine style.

Still, pretty good review. He's been on the upswing since Duke Nukem forever, I think.

Now that was an actual review, good job yahtzee

i hear what you say about them spiders from Mars. That Ziggy Stardust character is the most dangerous of the lot
then there's those damn giant mice that ride motorcycles

the firts red faction was not that bad. at least far more better then the shitty part 2. i knew this game will not be that great, so i dont even bother to get it. but i guess it will take a wile before it will come out for the pc.

great review anyway :)

RebelRising:
That was a pretty good ZP; he really likes Saints Row 2 apparently.

of course he likes Saints Row 2. Its freakin awesome.

great review

Spinwhiz:

TheOnceandFutureKing:

Yahtzee will spend 4-5 minutes swimming in a pool of Branston Pickle sped up while "happy 100th" or something like that flashes on the screen.

And for some reason I thought the intro was in Slow-Mo in this video...has the sleep deprivation kicked in already?

Wasn't Yahtzee's first console a commodore 64? He said it in a review

Uhm. Red Faction was good. Maybe not on PS2, but on PC it's great.

...Perhaps you have mistaken it for Red Faction 2, which sucked ass?

Still, if it is as bad as Saint's Row 2 on PC, I won't get it. On September 15th...

What is the Dahlix (sp)? Can't find it on googs.

like the review but love the game
though he is right about the building physics

Mjölnir! GOGO norse mythology ^^ Good boy Yahtzee ;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here