EDGE of Asshattery

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

EDGE of Asshattery

If you're planning on making a videogame, just make sure it doesn't have the word 'edge' in its title. Or any iterations thereof. In fact, just don't include it at all.

Read Full Article

Wow.
What a fucker.

I am going to find religion just so I can pray against this "Tim" person.

MaxTheReaper:
Wow.
What a fucker.

I came here to say nearly that exact same thing. Seriously, what kind of an asshole is that?

Mirrors, a game by EDGE. Wow. Look up hypocrit in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Langdell.

"The International Committee Against Smashing Shit Into Tiny Pieces" made me laugh out loud.

This was a great, if infuriating read. Great work!

scnj:

I came here to say nearly that exact same thing. Seriously, what kind of an asshole is that?

The kind of asshole whose knees are shortly going to be bending the wrong way due to outside interference.

This Tim Langdell you speak of... Where does he live?

--Xvito, keeping it excellent... by getting rid of Tim.

I've never heard of someone being that much of an asshole. This Tim creature should die in the most horrific way possible. I hope that the developer comes out of this on the winning side.

MaxTheReaper:

scnj:

The kind of asshole whose knees are shortly going to be bending the wrong way due to outside interference.

He honestly makes Activision look good. And that's no mean feat.

Man...how has this guy not been beaten to death yet?

Diddy_King:

God, I'm sorry, alright?
I can't just magically appear at his house.
I have to buy plane tickets, pack, find out where he lives...

These things take time!

scnj:

He honestly makes Activision look good. And that's no mean feat.

He must be destroyed.

I have never hated a single person so much after reading an online article...

MaxTheReaper:
Wow.
What a fucker.

Max, you basically just summed up what I wanted to say more efficiently.

Hey, hey, let's stop wishing physical harm on the guy, ok? Karma, people, karma.

MaxTheReaper:

Diddy_King:

God, I'm sorry, alright?
I can't just magically appear at his house.
I have to buy plane tickets, pack, find out where he lives...

I'll buy you the ticket. That way, you can focus solely on hurting him. Badly.

"So, what do you do for a living, Tim?"
"Oh, I take advantage of people who are much smarter and more driven than I am using frivolous lawsuits based on questionable laws."
"Huh."

Susan Arendt:
Hey, hey, let's stop wishing physical harm on the guy, ok? Karma, people, karma.

If Karma existed, I would be long, long dead.
And the people I know would be happy and lead rich, fulfilling lives.

We live in an unjust universe, Susan!
It falls to us to change it.
Viva la revolution!

...I'm bored now.

Calobi:

I'll buy you the ticket. That way, you can focus solely on hurting him. Badly.

I can't, guys.
My mommy said no on account of karma.
*kicks at ground*
S'not fair...

Susan Arendt:

I was about to voice the same thing. If anything, I jsut wanna give the guy a very stern talking-to.

Susan Arendt:

How about wishing horrible mental anguish on him?
It would seem fitting, seeing what he's doing to others...
Seriously, trademarking a word? No. Just...no.

Neonbob:

Susan Arendt:

Hmmmm...under the circumstances, that would seem fair. Yes, you may wish mental anguish on him.

Susan Arendt:

Neonbob:

Hmmmm...under the circumstances, that would seem fair. Yes, you may wish mental anguish on him.

Hooray!
I'll be back in an hour.
*goes in to corner to concentrate*

I don't suppose atomic wedgies fall under mental anguish :/

If word about this guy gets around the web and any personal information (you know like emails, phone numbers, etc) get out about this guy. I can tell you this guy will suffer a lot of mental anguish (from random people on the internet not me).

Good article man.

The airhorn analogy was genius. Fine work, sir.

I'm no pro at legal stuff, but if I remember correctly there was something about the need to execute your trademark rights in order to keep them.
That would mean that Edge Games would have to bring out games that use the copyrighted name, but as I said, it might be very different, especially in other countries than my own (the one I live in actually, not the one I own.... later someday) ;)

Is "Professional Troll" on this guy's resume? You'd think someone with common sense who flips through these complaints would go, "Yeah... this guy is a parasite. Fuck his claim."

I have been following this story else where and am glad Shamus brought it to the escapist. I was thinking a class action law suite against Tim for lost revenue due to his legal shenanigans would do the trick. If the development community take him for every dime he owns and a couple dimes he may make in the future, it may serve as a warning to Tim and the next guy who tries to make a quick buck of someone else's work. Convincing a jury to side with a bunch of hard working programmers over a guy who lives to abuse the legal system can't be too hard right?

Wow.

Who wants to make a game to piss this guy off? Sounds fun!

But seriously, this guy is an ass. We need to fight him. Free torches and pitchforks for everyone!

And here we have a case-in-point as to why the United States copyright and patent systems need to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. As if Amazon.com patenting the concept of "one-click checkout" wasn't proof enough.

I am going to find religion just so I can pray against this "Tim" person.

How about... EDGE? Make it a nice religion, one that is about selling courses to persons so they can sell courses to other people who then... you get the idea. Eventually scientology might sue EDGE gaming for stealing their business model!

Really, isn't there a way to complain about this guy at the IGDA? There has to be some way to sanctionize members that are damaging for the gaming industry or the image of the IGDA.
The uproar in the gaming community just has to be big enough...
lynch him! Everyone get their pitchforks and torches!

What. An. Arse.

How the hell did he even get in the board of the IGDA? And why hasn't he been booted yet? This is just too stupid for words :-/

You're a great writer, Shamus, I've always said that. But...

Shamus Young:
which is like having the Incredible Hulk as a member of The International Committee Against Smashing Shit Into Tiny Pieces.

... may be the best line I've ever read of yours.

Great article, Shamus! Public humiliation is the best weapon against creeps like this.

Susan Arendt:

Fuck karma, this guy requires a karmic DEATH before i'll consider the possibility of my own karma being unbalanced by anything i do to him.
Great article though, really got me raging ^^

You know, I thought the "Edgy" part was a joke.

But then I learned that that's what actually happened... I'm dumbfounded...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here