Zero Punctuation: Wii Sports Resort

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

The Atheist Knight:

xdirtyboots:
sarcasm is a nice fit for yahtzee. i hope this is a new trend

This is the first time you've heard Yahtzee being sarcastic?

for almost an entire video, yes.

Stabby Joe:

The internet runs better, isoftware to and is less inclined to act fussy over non-apple software... basically its the working man's computer while the PC is better for gaming and what not.

The Wii has only one pro, it has a couple of good exclusives... but not enough, then theres the graphics, online play, third party support and all round cash cow.

The internet runs better? Yeah maybe if you stay with IE, but everyone knows that's crap anyway.
It's really only the working mans computer if you're very heavily into media editing and the like, for general office work there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use a Mac.

flaming_squirrel:

Stabby Joe:

The internet runs better, isoftware to and is less inclined to act fussy over non-apple software... basically its the working man's computer while the PC is better for gaming and what not.

The Wii has only one pro, it has a couple of good exclusives... but not enough, then theres the graphics, online play, third party support and all round cash cow.

The internet runs better? Yeah maybe if you stay with IE, but everyone knows that's crap anyway.
It's really only the working mans computer if you're very heavily into media editing and the like, for general office work there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use a Mac.

No, I use Firefox. And I'm basing my points of God knows how many universities and bussiness buildings I see them in heavy use... not just media.

BTW this is really off topic now and of course its my opinion, I like Macs, you like PCs, fair enough.

"Spastic-Hand-Jive" That's the best phrase, well... Ever XD

likalaruku:
I never wanted a Wii, it's just the Power Glove all over again, & many of us know how well THAT went. I suppose Nintendo's next groundbreaking console will be based on Virtual Boy.

Am I the only person who saw this and referred back to Yahtzee's "child molesting" comments? o.O
Brings to mind a whole new use for the "Power Glove" .... dear Lord, i've gone too far.

I tried wii sports resort with a friend recently. The dogfighting was pretty fun, probably my favorite, and was the most satisfying to win at. The swordfighting has almost the potential to be like swordfighting. As someone with sword experience, i was able to beat my friend who thought he could win by just wiggling his controller very fast. The fact that he usually did beat the AI that way is indicative of the poor design. Canoeing was strangely fun if only for the hilarity value, but probably the least fair, next to cycling. Bowling was noticeably more nuanced, but lacked the whole ball weight thing. 100 pin bowling was the real star. Frisbee must have been accurate because i sucked at it and i suck with frisbees in real life. i think i'd rather go suck at frisbee on a beach than in a living room for $300+ dollars.
So, yes, the wii is cheaper than all these sports combined. But you could probably get a better value with a $2 frisbee and a few nights out bowling.
I can has fruit controller nao?

Surprise surprise, Yahtzee didnt like a wii game

I guess he's a reviewer for those kinds of gamers that believe casual gaming to be the root of all evil just because the newer generations won't be beaten up in school for playing videogames the way ours did.

I wonder if theres a comic book reviewer out there for people who are afraid of manga.

neoman10:
wow, oh the bannage shall come, it shall

also, when I saw this I was like "Iwaaaaaaa?"

Six people got banned consecutively as soon as this review went up. I seriously do not understand this phenomenon.

Now, I'm not questioning the mods at all and I don't blame them for probating/suspending those who only post in Yahtzee review threads to scream 'FIRST!', but how is it that every time Yahtzee posts a thread, someone gets probated/suspended? It's like his account is a probation magnet. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

But as for Yahtzee's actual review, I did end up enjoying it. Not as much as when Yahtzee had that Prototype/Infamous contest that involved cross-dressing, but still.

why all the probations?I don't get it.

dennyaaa:
I lol'ed at the word "Wii" ^^

there was some guy who thought the word wii was japanese and wrote to a magazine that the next console would be called the wii ni(ni=2 in nihingo[nihingo=japanese in japanese])wii-ni.say it aloud(ni pronounced like knee)

One of the best Zero Punctuation reviews. The "ow f*** off" to Wii Bowling was simply classic that almost made me explode.

And the review was fair and gave credit to the only good mini-game in the collection (Archery). My only criticism is that even that and the frisby one could have used some sort of criticising (The Archery part of Extra Punctuation more than made up for it though). Keep up the great work Yahtzee.

Am I the only one that sees this game as very pointless. Surely if you wanted to recreate the experience of bowling or golf, you'd say... Go Golf or Bowling?
I can understand that some of them would be expensive but then again maybe you could pay for it if you got a job instead of playing golf with a flimsy plastic remote.

I have to say, I think this is prolly the funniest review I've seen in a long time.

That was pretty darn funny. I love all your vids. Fan since one of the firsts!

TheNumber1Zero:

dennyaaa:

there was some guy who thought the word wii was japanese and wrote to a magazine that the next console would be called the wii ni(ni=2 in nihingo[nihingo=japanese in japanese])wii-ni.say it aloud(ni pronounced like knee)

Good job. That's mature. XD I freaked out when I heard the name announced, like "Seriously? SERIOUSLY? That's what it's called? The Wii... like... Wee?!"

I am also mature.

Howlingwolf214:
Am I the only one that sees this game as very pointless. Surely if you wanted to recreate the experience of bowling or golf, you'd say... Go Golf or Bowling?
I can understand that some of them would be expensive but then again maybe you could pay for it if you got a job instead of playing golf with a flimsy plastic remote.

Thats the same as saying "Why do people play Guitar Hero? They should just go learn Raining Blood on the guitar themselves instead of playing Guitar Hero". Think it through. People just like to have fun and not pay $800 for golf clubs/ a guitar & lessons or whatever. Thats why that damned Wii sells like mad.

TheNumber1Zero:

dennyaaa:

LOL! Anywho, it's a way better name than "Wii" ^^

Nemorov:

TheNumber1Zero:

dennyaaa:

Good job. That's mature. XD I freaked out when I heard the name announced, like "Seriously? SERIOUSLY? That's what it's called? The Wii... like... Wee?!"

I am also mature.

Im sure you are ^^

Yeah Wii is a pile of dung really. It really shows how much Nintendo doesn't care anymore and if they really DO care they are now official idiots.

As a reasonably hardcore PC gamer I have never really understood the Wii hate. Would I want to play L4D (or another FPS) without keyboard and mouse in my living room with my friends? No. I have a decent spec PC for that. But House of the Dead Overkill is a different matter. But maybe I am just too old school to understand the advantages of game pad FPS control schemes over mouse and keyboard? :-)

I do have another console in the living room. Dreamcast with 2 arcade sticks. And yes friends come round and play SF / Capcom Vs Various / Powerstone / even Chu Chu.

Is the Wii underpowered. Yes - it is a sooped up Gamecube. Not only that but a lot of games don't even push its basic capabilities. The Conduit tries but suffers from poor art and a 10 year old design. But the controls are fantastic. The new Dead Space game also looks good. And everything looks better in 480p with a component cable. But this is not what the Wii is for.

Are a lot of the games dire. Yes. But there are plenty of games, even Wii Ware ones, that get great scores by real gamers. So buy those.

Every time I see a new XBOX 360 game in motion my immediate thought is 'I wonder how that would look on my PC'. If I want the XBOX experience I pick the PC up and move it into the next room. Indeed a lot of hardcore gamer friends have there PC's hooked up to HD TV displays in their flats anyway.

At the end of the day the Wii to PC gaming is what swingball is to tennis. It is possible to enjoy both. For me it is the other consoles I just don't understand. :-)

Funny he goes on about his distaste for the Wii and yet frequently refers (but never outright vocalizes) his liking the Metroid Prime series.

He might have admitted the Motion Plus does do its job (if indirectly), and said some of the games were pretty good. Of course, like any review, I've come to expect a bias towards Wii and look to what interests me.

I loved it! These are always the best!

Controller made of fruit...tasty

Ok. I need a fruit controller now.

Finally, a ZP as angry as I'd like it to be - just enough angry to go past critical sarcasm and exactly not so far as becoming bitter-sounding.

Excellent.

flaming_squirrel:

I think he means that since there is no spyware, adware or viruses constantly bombarding your Firewall (if you have one) and on-access protections of your AV program there is a percentage of extra performance to be gained on a Mac... And since there is almost no need for Antivirus or Firewall on a Mac, you can safely eliminate the percentage of RAM usage from those (and that can be alot).

Not to mention, once a virus has been on your computer it will run slower forever, whether or not you got rid of it after, the only thing that works is formatting completely.

And your IE comment I'll disregard on the basis that it must be a joke. Out of the 5 web browsers available on Mac OS X (IE, Netscape, Safari, Firefox and Opera), Opera and Safari are hands down the best - and this applies on the PC as well.

he should make a COH rewie he might just like it

Sorry, not the best vid ever, as I was expecting some kind of mega ownage on this one.

Or did you forget that it was your 100th review?

gizmo2300:
Surprise surprise, Yahtzee didnt like a wii game

I guess he's a reviewer for those kinds of gamers that believe casual gaming to be the root of all evil just because the newer generations won't be beaten up in school for playing videogames the way ours did.

I wonder if theres a comic book reviewer out there for people who are afraid of manga.

How can you be posting something like that on a zero punc thread?

Surely you realise by now that the yahtzee we all know and love just picks up on the medium - small truths and blows them out of proportion.. I mean..that's why we love him right?
As I say he is hardly ever wrong, but not to the degree where you should take him word for word. It just so happens that most games for 'casual' gamers are created by money hungry clueless pricks..which again yahtzee is over-exaggerating most of the time..but is right.. thus incurring much rath by a hard to please critic.

Besides as a reviewer it's his job. If he didn't pick up on these things we'd never get improvements.

Annnd casual gaming is the root of all evil because it attracts the kinds of retards who spend most their time listening to 'fiddy cent' or the ting twats... who then thing..woohay i'mmmma gamer lolxors wtf n00b...can you understand how that's annoying?

oh and no one is afraid of manga..they just pity it xD

But on a lighter note..loved the vid, I was laughing my arse off.. especially by 'wii bowling- FUCK it-'

Of all the evemts they could've brought back it HAD to be the bowling! Imbiciles

Wii Sport,Wii Fit,Wii Plus and Wii Sports Resort all follow the same formula basically you have to swing your arms around like a retard and,prior to playing,have had a lobotomy

Nintendo have failed to realise that this formula is utter @#$#!

TheNumber1Zero:
why all the probations?I don't get it.

If you post within five minutes of the video being posted, you could not have possibly seen the video, hence any posts are actually "FURST!!!111!!!1" in disguise. The community hates this.

These people used to be suspended for doing this. They don't learn...

OT: I giggled like a madman.

Really my biggest beef with Wii sports Resort is that you cannot have online bowling tournaments. I mean how bloody hard is it to have online multiplayer for Wii Sports? I swear the only time Nintendo takes it's head out of it's ass is to gleam a peek at their beloved Wii-remote, then back it goes, ignorant to the rest of the world.

anyone who buys this game (or anything that resembles it even remotely) has my sincere sympathy. so, in that context, great review.

Yay more spastic wii mote ways to make yourself look like a twat. The bike one was just stupid.

I kind of liked this game, I play it a lot

Metalhandkerchief:

I think he means that since there is no spyware, adware or viruses constantly bombarding your Firewall (if you have one) and on-access protections of your AV program there is a percentage of extra performance to be gained on a Mac... And since there is almost no need for Antivirus or Firewall on a Mac, you can safely eliminate the percentage of RAM usage from those (and that can be alot).

I'm afraid your concept of a firewall is a little bit off the mark (as in completely wrong), but nevermind.

Anyone can avoid viruses without using any active AV software by using simple common sense, it's far more a problem with the user then the OS. Also unless you're running an old system / running close to your limit on memory, then the actual performance loss from any decent software is not as major as you'd make out.

Not to mention, once a virus has been on your computer it will run slower forever, whether or not you got rid of it after, the only thing that works is formatting completely.

Cool story, bro. No.

And your IE comment I'll disregard on the basis that it must be a joke. Out of the 5 web browsers available on Mac OS X (IE, Netscape, Safari, Firefox an Opera)), Opera and Safari are hands down the best - and this applies on the PC as well.

You misunderstood that completely.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or