Zero Punctuation: Wii Sports Resort

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Mostly I disagree because I actually did the necessary leg work over the past year-and-a-half to innovate the s*** out of what the MotionPlus could do before it was actually released. (PM me if you want to know more)

I am just curious, are you stating that you helped develop this technology or are you just someone who hypothesized about what it could do? Also, why should we have to PM you for that information. If you got some facts to backup your statement, just say it. Be proud of who you are!

However, they actually took the trouble to make a well-rounded "tech demo" this time instead of the haphazard pile of spastic BS Wii Sports Launch was. There are freakin' achievements (yes!) for practically every game and subgame (Try the "Secret to Everybody" achievement in Archery without using GameFAQs). This wasn't even touched on, but I don't really blame you considering you only had a week to try it out.

I have no idea what you are actually trying to say here. Are you saying that Wii Sports Resort is a tech-demo for the Motion Plus controller or are you saying that the launch party was particularly enjoyable? As I said in my previous post I think the Motion Plus is what the controller should have been in the first place, and really doesn't deserve the fan-fare it's getting.

Also, why is the addition of achievements a huge plus for you? Do you value your self-worth by your GamerScore? All achievements show is that you spent a whole lot of time playing a specific game over and over. I don't think Yahtzee has commented about achievements in any other video and I don't see why he would start now.

Wiitards shitstorm incoming! :p

Avenge SMBB!!!!111oneleven

Jaranu:
Good one.

While I do love my Wii (That sounded wrong) it really is nothing more than a money printing machine for nintendo.

And Bowling and tennis are on here? Cheap.

But yeah, a good video, and anyone who wants to stop watching these just because you canstantly insult the Wii is obviously an idiot.

Your funny because you make fun of everything.

... Well except Portal.

and pyshonauts (sp?)

I'm not really into wii, but the kill bill style face off sword mode (dunno if it's the name, but it's the one containing lots people to wack). It's great fun and controls well enough, but it's nothing I would play for the next two years. And everything else loses to sword mode because of being uninteresting after that. They could make a proper game revolving around beating a crapload of people up with a sword.

Also gotta give credit to the game developers for having a great sence of humour: There is a mii character called Helen you run into. He/she has a hitler mustache.

Great Video
PD: The only fanboys i've seen this far, are the ones that hate the wii for being the best selling, most popular console.

Good review. Maybe not the best, but it was ok. About your joke about Project Natal, you do know you can scan pictures and see what it thinks of them. So yes, you can finally find out if it is literally gay. That and see if it's programed to hate PlayStation and Wii games. Also, WTF? Dogfighting? That makes no sense!

Let's see...

The Wii is loaded with shovelware.

The PS3 is prohibitively overpriced.

The XBox 360 self-destructs.

What the hell, "next-gen"?

As fun as listening to that review was, everyone knows Sony started the motion sensor stuff with that blasted eyetoy

Blanks:
As fun as listening to that review was, everyone knows Sony started the motion sensor stuff with that blasted eyetoy

That's funny, cause I thought Nintendo started it with the Power Glove back in the 80's before Sony had a console.

hahaha who wants to b a fencer

I must admit i did enjoy wii Sports Resorts, however i enjoyed this video alot more. Mainly because it was funny plus I didnt have to do any exercise to enjoy myself

seriously, i think everyone now knows that the wii just can't compete with the xbox and playstation. It simply trys to win gamers over with cheap gimmicks. When i bought a wii i was very excited about games like twilight princess but now the wii has decended into a pile of broken minigame compilations. I was prepared to move on however and bought an xbox. I am proud to say that since i turned on my xbox the first time, i have never played my wii. The people that are so hung up on yahtzee ripping on the wii are probbably all 12 year olds whose mummies dont want to spend money on another console,. as yahtzee said, now they are shamelessly defending it and will rage at even the slightest criticisms even though deep down they know the wii is a giant frothy turdburger.

Yes the Wii is become so infamous its not even funny. Your absolutely right Mr.ZP
Maybe the fruit controller would do better :D

Meh, I don't doubt that the game is a bit mundane but at least you can have something to do for the amount of time it may take to microwave a dinner. (8-15 min) There's not really a storyline for many of the nintendo games they're just to fill the aforementioned space. I do like the metroid ones (don't start on the recompilation of all the prime games that is coming out) but at least if you have an imagination you can imagine there is a world beyond the box sitting a few feet in front of you. Even if it is point and click killing....

I always love these reviews even if the game is one that I really like. I don't have this game and never really planned on it actually because what was said in the review was kind of what I expected. Another funny review :)

Why did the top guys get probated?

I guess Yahtzee does read the forums because his videos have picked up again since the negative comments started to outweigh the positives.

The line "Wii Bowling! Oh fuck off" actually made me laugh.

I would say I agree that Wii Sports Resort is somewhat a dead end, but I do support creation of motion controllers since eventually they will be more or less responsive and actually enhance the gameplay.

Yeah, wii sports was fun... for 5 minutes! I doubt that this pice of crap can be any better.

And also, yes, i do have a plane from WW1 to shot my "friends". But only when im drunk... and wear green pants.

Where the hell did the video go :S

when i first saw this is said: "oh, Yahtzee reviewing a mini game collection, this ought to be good", afterwords, i didn't say anything, i was too busy laughing.

Well said, Yahtzee. I'm actually a bit curious as to why Nintendo is now stooping so low as to release mods and expansion packs. But thank God for the Motion Plus add on.

Tarakos:
"Wii Bowling! Oh fuck off." ROFL-copter

While I hate the use of "ROFL-copter", that part was particularly funny.

Nice avatar, BTW.

Wii Swizz army knife? You know there going to make it now. In all seriousness a good review.

Whoever was on probation watch today really got their moneys worth, yikes.

Good video, especially the parts with the sport that were already in Wii Sports.

Bored Tomatoe:

Gerbykins:
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU HAVE OUTDOWN YOUR SELF THIS WEEK!
I Coulnd't stop laughing at the jokes, and the hilarity that was contained within this little yellow video from hell :D

I just don't know why you didn't get Wii Resort? I JUST PICKED UP THIS GAME FROM EBAY AND ITS GOD DAMN TERRIFIC!
The Wii motion plus, or the WMP as I like to call it xD is crazy accurate. And now I can play all my favourite games like
Links Archery training.

Anyhow, Piece out Yatzee man, I got a date with destiny. (Going to watch Lost on tv hehe :) cya )

I can't tell if this is advertising or schizophrenic fanboyism...

Both is my guess.

Dear Yahtzee:

I am also a Wii owner. Except I agree that it sucks. Well there's not much else to say really apart from the generic "hilarious as always" comment.

It's still worth keeping for the odd drunken party and chicks dig it, so why not.

Ah, another low budget shovelware title ripped to shreds by Yahtzee. Excellently reviewed.

I'm actually fucking surprised he reviewed this. I guess he really doesn't want to touch The Conduit anytime soon. (Considering what The Conduit is like, I don't blame him)

Anyways, I'll still stick around and watch Yahtzee despite being a Wii fan only to continue hammering in the cold hard fact that he's the fucking Simon Cowell of video game reviewers and continue to be one of plenty of complaining nerds that make his life miserable when necessary.

But having said that, I don't blame him for hating Wii Sports Resort. Nintendo really dropped the ball with making this another Wii Sports when the smarter thing to do with it was to make it a new Pilotwings game. It was the same opinion I had back in E3'08 and the time between then and now has only strengthened this. The WiiMotion+ however, I'll save judgment for when it's used in a game I have the slightest bit of interest in. Like Red Steel 2 or No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle.

Ah, another low budget shovelware title ripped to shreds by Yahtzee. Excellently reviewed.

Low budget? Yes. Shovelware? No. The game was made by Nintendo themselves, not some con artist company full of lazy dipshits like UFO or Conspiracy Entertainment. Even Nintendo knows not to just simply rush through developement on a casual game in three weeks of time.

Triforceformer:

Bored Tomatoe:

Gerbykins:
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU HAVE OUTDOWN YOUR SELF THIS WEEK!
I Coulnd't stop laughing at the jokes, and the hilarity that was contained within this little yellow video from hell :D

I just don't know why you didn't get Wii Resort? I JUST PICKED UP THIS GAME FROM EBAY AND ITS GOD DAMN TERRIFIC!
The Wii motion plus, or the WMP as I like to call it xD is crazy accurate. And now I can play all my favourite games like
Links Archery training.

Anyhow, Piece out Yatzee man, I got a date with destiny. (Going to watch Lost on tv hehe :) cya )

I can't tell if this is advertising or schizophrenic fanboyism...

Both is my guess.

Considering he has not posted to defend his comment or posted elsewhere since I stand by my oroginal point in that I don't think he will last here, or come back for that matter. Maybe Yahtzee will comment on him in Extra Punctuation. I do feel that the the review lacked a lot of substance since it was basically reviewing a bunch of mini games but I guess Yahtzee was waiting for a chance to review motion plus.

Still, I wonder what technological marvels we will see on the Wii now this is out? lol =P

finally someone else thinks that the wii mote was supposed to do this in the first place instead of needing some atachment anyway good review keep up the good work =)

This one was reminiscent of his latest E3 review, at least that's how I view it. I think he sounded a bit more stressed than usual, what do you guys think?

Monshroud:

Blanks:

That's funny, cause I thought Nintendo started it with the Power Glove back in the 80's before Sony had a console.

That's not funny. Because Nintendo didn't make the Power Glove. Mattel did. Also, it flopped, hard.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here