Wii Sports Resort

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Wii Sports Resort

Yahtzee provides some real world alternatives to the Wii Sports Resort activities.

Read Full Article

We definitely need a good stealth game. We also need a stealth game that incorporates the picking of locks, tapping of phone lines, and investigation of evidence pointing to terrorist activity rather than solving an international crisis by shooting anybody in the area who isn't white directly in their non-Caucasian faces.

Sid Meier's Covert Action did this waaaaay back in the day but such things are too boring for most people who consider Halo the pinnacle of an immersive action experience.

I just completed Sniper Elite. I dont normally go in for stealth games but it was a lot of fun, setting up explosives to use as a diversions, then when they denotate, running round the back of all the guards who are now conveniently looking the wrong way.

I've actually never played an awesome stealth game. So a really good one would be a sure buy for me.

For bowling I imagine heartily cupping a man's balls, not that I am gay or anything its just, urm...
Also thanks to yahzees red faction Guerilla review I decided to buy prototype instead, and I am deeply grateful.

Damn, now every time I play wii sports, I'm going to imagine those things instead. Get it out of my head!

I have high hopes for the new Thief game. Too bad we'll probably be waiting for 2 more years at least.

That was hilarious, Mr Croshaw!

Also, what do you think of Hitman: Blood Money? That had the best of both worlds (if you were good enough)

RF: G does look fun can't get it now though :( i have the demo but half the time i go back and bomb incoming innocent cars.

Hmm... the article needs some better formatting at the end. At first, I couldn't tell what was a quotation and what wasn't or to whom to attribute them. Maybe quotation marks or italics or something would clear up my confusion.

I always want to put something smart in a comment that may make Yahtzee be like, "why didn't I think of that". But I can't so that means that Yahtzee is still better than me and most people. But you know what I except that and I will keep reading ZP extra and ZP for its ensiteful (sorry if spelt wrong) words of wisdom that he offers to us.

I know what you mean. When I was playing Deus Ex there were parts where I was forced to abandon stealth and instead blast my way through. It worked but it sort of felt like cheating a bit that my mistake could be patched up with a few rockets to the face of whatever happened to be aiming a gun at me.

Bowling: Go bowling

Absolute champion!

Great job, funny as always.
Is extra punctuation going to become a weekly thread on the escapist?

ippie:
RF: G does look fun can't get it now though :( i have the demo but half the time i go back and bomb incoming innocent cars.

Where do you get the demo? And welcome to the escapist.

Yahtzee ain't done tearing up RF:G just yet. And a nice approach at solidifying his views on Wii Sports Resort. I look forward to these columns, they give Yahtzee a slightly more... human view? It's odd, he seems to come across as more humane and such when writing, as apposed to the videos. Oh well, either way, I am, and have been, enjoying both for quite some time, even if he does keep "badmouthing my beloved Wii."

CaptainChaosify:
Great job, funny as always.
Is extra punctuation going to become a weekly thread on the escapist?

ippie:

Where do you get the demo? And welcome to the escapist.

get the demo at xbox live marketplace thing free.

Is it ok if I replace Superman with Batman? Or do I have to follow them to a T?

Your so correct about redfaction, I only ever played the demo, but after 20 minutes of burrowing around (I think i even managed to get to the limit of how far you can burrow) I tried to play the game proper. So you find youself out of the mine and into these steel corridors that you cant burrow through, and hey presto your just playing some poor quake rip off. It makes sense though, otherwise you`d finish the game in 20 minutes just burrowing to the exits boulder dash style.

I played Red Faction with a friend, we played vs mode and it seemed alright, none of the AI seemed to be able to kill us that easily, though I didn't play it beyond that and could totally understand if it was rubbish.

Good to see though Yahtzee's got to the point in his career where he can just now outright say an opinion is entirely wrong and effectivly achive the parodoxical.

I like the second replay very much: "your opinion is so wrong that someone else should make it for you" XD well, maybe some people like to see "Game Over" sign and that's why they play games.

I'm guessing there isn't much reason to unwind on Wii Sports, as it's game for casual gammers and it's at least better than playing Paggle.

Yahtzee has officially upgraded to gaming philosopher.

Cheesebob:
That was hilarious, Mr Croshaw!

Also, what do you think of Hitman: Blood Money? That had the best of both worlds (if you were good enough)

Funnily enough I'm just off Blood Money and onto The Escapist. I started playing it a few days back and I agree. You can be stealthy when you want to for more of a challenge or you can run in all guns blazing when you just feel like killing all those Gun-wielding manics at the Wedding...

Hehehe, brilliantly written - I'm starting to warm to these written columns!

Pankeyman:

Don't be silly. Everyone knows Batman can't fly. Or if he did, you'd just have to pretend to be sitting in first class or on a private jet or something.

Wolcik:
I like the second replay very much: "your opinion is so wrong that someone else should make it for you" XD well, maybe some people like to see "Game Over" sign and that's why they play games.

I'm guessing there isn't much reason to unwind on Wii Sports, as it's game for casual gammers and it's at least better than playing Paggle.

It isn't better. Peggle is an actual game.

Wii Sports is just simulating summer stuff without "the feel". Just because it's called "SUPREME SURFING" doesn't mean it feels like real surfing. Same goes for riding the bike or swimming. Cars are an exception, because where can you drive 300km/s on a racing track/in a city?

Podunk:

Pankeyman:

Don't be silly. Everyone knows Batman can't fly. Or if he did, you'd just have to pretend to be sitting in first class or on a private jet or something.

What are you talking about? Batman would simply scowl at the air until it submitted to his whims and took him where he wanted to go.

When he's really pissed, he'll scowl at the fabric of reality and instantaniously warp to the people whose asses he wants to kick.

You know, it really almost sounds like Yahtzee likes the wii, but is just fed up with the control system. I think he would like it if it had some standard controllers.

randommaster:

Podunk:

Pankeyman:

What are you talking about? Batman would simply scowl at the air until it submitted to his whims and took him where he wanted to go.

When he's really pissed, he'll scowl at the fabric of reality and instantaniously warp to the people whose asses he wants to kick.

Scowlwarping also doesn't seem like an efficient motion for cycling or jet skiing games. : o
Just sayin'.

Podunk:

randommaster:

Podunk:

Pankeyman:

Scowlwarping also doesn't seem like an efficient motion for cycling or jet skiing games. : o
Just sayin'.

I'm going to steal the word scowlwarping and use it to become famous.

Scowlwarping isn't really a motion, though, so it wouldn't be a good fit for the Wii. It might get some use with Natal, though.

randommaster:

Scowlwarping isn't really a motion, though, so it wouldn't be a good fit for the Wii. It might get some use with Natal, though.

A game that registers facial expressions and uses it to affect gameplay would be hillarious. Just think, a game like Mass Effect or Fable where you have to smile all the time or people won't give you their quests or something... if you frown you have to start the dialogue sequence all over again.

Podunk:

randommaster:

A game that registers facial expressions and uses it to affect gameplay would be hillarious. Just think, a game like Mass Effect or Fable where you have to smile all the time or people won't give you their quests or something... if you frown you have to start the dialogue sequence all over again.

That would be horribe! Imagine having to listen to some hhuge chun of plot exposition over again because you got bored. Or was this originally an idea to brainwash people into becoming the Joker?

BlueInkAlchemist:
We definitely need a good stealth game. We also need a stealth game that incorporates the picking of locks, tapping of phone lines, and investigation of evidence pointing to terrorist activity rather than solving an international crisis by shooting anybody in the area who isn't white directly in their non-Caucasian faces.

Why not go all the way? Why not include extraordinary rendition, or interrogations?

zoozilla:

Why not go all the way? Why not include extraordinary rendition, or interrogations?

I would hope that the game designers would have the good sense to have it based more on the rendered emotional reactions of the person being interrogated, in a Law & Order or NCIS style conversation (perhaps using a Mass Effect-like branching tree system), rather than torture.

Meaning this conjectural game should not be developed by EA.

I don't remember the AI in RF1 ever actually firing the rail guns when they could see you. Granted it's been nearly a decade since I played the game, but, still...

Given a choice Yahtzee, I think I'd rather play Wii Sports Resort then any of your suggestions; but whatever floats your boat dude.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here