Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Pankeyman:
You guys actually did it!? Fuck yeah!

I totally called it last week!

I'm looking forward to the next parts, great work.

Congratulations on totally calling it last week... when they said they would do it.

The Rogue Wolf:
Guys! You didn't tell us that Mario and Luigi were going to guest-host this episode! Sweet! I guess maybe the Italian accents were just for the stage.

Fightgarr:
Man. Snake really needs to stop smoking. Every time he talked I was just thinking: "Clear your goddamn throat". I look forward to the rest of this cutscene.

Seriously, they should've asked him to cut down on his three-carton-a-day habit sometime before he took up the narrating bit.

And now I'd like to rant a bit. Why do so many video-game armies send their soldiers to Discount Battle Tactics School? The old "Have your guys run stupidly into killzones until the enemy runs out of ammunition" ploy just doesn't work.

"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the skies from me...." Aw, man, I have that song in my head now.

The proper name is "Imperial Stormtrooper Shooting Academy". Notice how a million shots are fired, but few people are killed.

This is going to be a great month. Nice moustaches guys, they're quite smexy.

That was brilliant :D

"You can war before breakfast!?"

Can't wait to hear the others, and now I know they're released on Monday instead of just logging on like "Omg! Unskippable!"

Tayrtahn:
I'm a Metal Gear fan, but there's no denying that MGS4 is essentially a slightly interactive movie. This should be a great month. :

Hah. I remember saying the exact same thing. While I believe prior MGS titles merely suffer from "excessive cut-scene syndrome", watching MGS4 makes you realize Hideo Kojima has gone into "interactive movie experience" mode...

On another note, aside from not being able to revel in how "deep" and "engrossing" Kojima's story is (the PMC thing has been done already!), I truly believe the man is the wrong medium to convey his message.

The man should make an anime...or a CGI movie...

I love the subtle humour. It ends making Unskippable incredibly hilarous. Nice one :D

Holy Crap! I have only gotten through half of this video and i want to claw out my eardrums, i really dont think i can handle a whole month of this crap. sorry Guys but I may sit this week out... ugh its so painful.

Let me clarify actually its not Graham or Paul's dialogue, that was pretty funny, no its the game itself... I have never been a fan of metal gear and this small 7 minute cut scene portion certainly won't convert me.

so great spoof y'all but again not going to be keeping up this month...

Great episode, but is it just me or can you hardly hear them?

Nice disguises guys and Firefly reference for the win! Does anyone know what snake was babbling on about during the trip to the bullet fest? I'm kinda suprised that Graham and Paul actually took on this cutscene.

Guys, guess what? WAR HAS CHANGED!

Nice episode you guys! That little introduction you did with mustaches was ace! Best episode so far I dare say, but maybe that's just me. Hope the other MSG Unskippables stay the same quality!:D

I've always loved these for the same reason I've always loved "Mystery Science Theater 3000" I used to rent bad movies just so me and my housemate could make jokes about how bad they were and how stupid some of the acting/writing was but it never occurred to me to do it to the opening cutscenes for games.

Loved the "stage names" bit in the beginning and the batman style narration at the end, reminded me a little of the MST3K movie a little bit, I bet you two have built your own Interoceter complete with its own techni-colored-cheese-wedge.

Taco machine...

I watched the video twice, the second time i muted it, the cut scene seemed to make fun of itself, how the hell did MGS get anywhere close to popular? And then how did it become popular? and then why does it involve tacos?

I am also hungry

Graham and Paul: Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games, but the intro wouldn't be enough for an Unskippable, so I was happy to see it get a good mention.

The Escapist: Putting an ad for Unskippable at the beginning of an episode of Unskippable wastes both my time and your ad space. You might want to look into that...

Hilarious. Can't wait for the rest. Good timing, too, because school is starting August so at least I'll have something to look forward to on Mondays this month.

God I love unskippable, it always brightens up otherwise boring Mondays.

Cpt_Oblivious:

not a zaar:
Wow, the little guy's voice sounds nothing like what I expected him to look like. He should be in radio.

Neither of them looked anything like I expected, to be honest.

Well duh they were in disguises.

"Hey everybody we got one!"
"Woohoo!"

I am so glad I have no interest in Metal Gear; it looks like an interminable game... I look forward to Unskippable making it fun at last! :D

That was an awesome vid guys, looking forward to the rest of them this month.

Question though, since I don't have a PS3 and as such have not played MGS4 yet. Why does Snake look like a character from Assassin's Creed?

EDIT: BTW, I loved the Firefly referance!

ZerOmega:
I dunno why, but it warms my heart everytime I hear someone quoting Dune. Well, it was a quote per se, but it had a similar effect nontheless.

perhaps its the proud little nerd in you that screams "HEY!!! I READ/WATCHED THAT BOOK/MOVIE"

well, at least my little nerd never shuts up when i catch something like that

Excelent eppisode, hope the guys have the balls to finish what they started, enduring all of Kojima´s writing should prove to be an endurance test

That was wesome! I am looking forward to the other installments of this wonderful opening! =D

Ok, that cutscene was plain awful, and you say Metal Gear Solid has about 4 hours worth of them?
Thank you Graham and Paul for making that slightly bearable, how metal gear ever become worthy of fan boy rage?

Shoot that guy?
Isn't he on our side?
Yeah but he slept with my wife>

Great episodes and this looks to be some interesting mini series of MGS4.

Now I never played a single MGS game and despite owning a PS3 I WON'T be buying it because of the simple reason I won't know whats going on. I'm sure its really fun to play, I know it has could graphics and if I knew the plot I might like that to but one has to be realistic. I get plenty of fanboys who tell me I MUST play it... but then again they're fanboys... they don't get my point or any other that doesn't their own views.

BTW strange seeing you guys in real life lol!

Stabby Joe:
Shoot that guy?
Isn't he on our side?
Yeah but he slept with my wife>

Great episodes and this looks to be some interesting mini series of MGS4.
I'm sure its really fun to play, I know it has could graphics and if I knew the plot I might like that to but one has to be realistic. I get

Strange, I thought it looked awful, in the same way all console games do (Apart from Gears of War)

You know if snake really wanted to fit in they should have given him a turban and a kalashincov, instructing him to charge towards the enimys shouting allah ackbah.

Woops that was a tiny bit racist! What I mean is, they actually should have given him a gun, like all the other guys had.

Gonna be a hell of a month, good luck fellas :)

Loved it! Keep e'm coming! more more more! *bashes silverware*

Paul with mustache! Its backkkkkkk! :P

These next few episodes shall be most amusing to me.

You guys don't look a bit like I thought you would. Must be the fak-ehum-Not fake mustaches.

Now, I know you guys may have already filmed the other four parts already, but if not, I have a request.

I miss Eyebrows and the Thugs. Cameo please?

Unskippable has changed...

... They actually showed themselves in their video...

... They gave their viewers control of the video choice control, giving them indirect joke control. Which alters the flow of control in the comment section.

... They've started making me write weird pointless posts, half-quoting the video itself....

This is the beginning of something special I can tell, The little intro at the start was a good touch.

I know who really should have been named Eyebrows. Wow

Good job you guys
"Whoever's behind this corner is gonna get so knifed. Aww..."

I laughed hard at the first mention of the "War, war never changes." bit. But something tells me these videos will only get better.

Especially with a storyline like MGS 4's.

"If these things succumb to a common earth bacteria, I'm going to be very annoyed." That was a good one.

HentMas:

ZerOmega:
I dunno why, but it warms my heart everytime I hear someone quoting Dune. Well, it was a quote per se, but it had a similar effect nontheless.

perhaps its the proud little nerd in you that screams "HEY!!! I READ/WATCHED THAT BOOK/MOVIE"

But I've read tons of books and wacthed tons of movies and none of them light me like Dune, well except Lord of the Rings (The book) perhaps. Ergo, your argument is invalid.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here