Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

headshotcatcher:

WolfmanNougat:

headshotcatcher:

What is Snake doing in the gown anyway >.>

I believe he was getting ready to attend an Assassin's Creed convention but he was kidnapped halfway through and thrown into a military operation. Or something along those lines.

Sounds believable enough, but where did the muscularly legged robots come in again? :P

Those were were made by the templars to kill the assassins.

headshotcatcher:

WolfmanNougat:

headshotcatcher:

What is Snake doing in the gown anyway >.>

I believe he was getting ready to attend an Assassin's Creed convention but he was kidnapped halfway through and thrown into a military operation. Or something along those lines.

Sounds believable enough, but where did the muscularly legged robots come in again? :P

Aha! You see, they're not actually muscular-legged robots, but genetically mutated elephants with power armour covering everything from the waist upwards! They got the design idea from observing Snake running with his cardboard boxes.

(seriously though, I don't think they actually have muscles; just a muscle-like outer coating or something.)

Great do I belive Ron Pearlmen or do I belive Snake.

Hellboy....Mullet

Hellboy.....Mullet...

War has definitly changed.

"ID Control, Battliefield Control, Control Control" I laughed so loud when he said that, unfortunately I was eating something at that time, Guess what happend....

The start was a bit meh, but the rest was briliant.

Does anyone take the Metal Gear games seriously anymore? "War has changed...blah blah blah".

Great video, guys. I can't wait to see the rest.

you look different than I imagined

That has got to be one of the worse soliloquys about war that ive ever heard, im pretty sure the following segments of MGS 4 will reinforce my reasons for never wanting to play this game. By the way, 2 MST3K references in a row, brilliant!

Alphacron:

Those were were made by the templars to kill the assassins.

Argh they try to thwart our plans once again.. WE SHALL NOT FALTER

Quick everyone spam Counter, we might be able to defeat them >.>

WolfmanNougat:
Aha! You see, they're not actually muscular-legged robots, but genetically mutated elephants with power armour covering everything from the waist upwards! They got the design idea from observing Snake running with his cardboard boxes.

(seriously though, I don't think they actually have muscles; just a muscle-like outer coating or something.)

Ah I see, now where did we keep the robotic mice eh

(I know but muscularly legged robots sounds so cool)

I Found a problem, your avatar is your face. The disguises are useless! Abort, abort, abort!

OT: good episode guys, looking forward to the rest of this month.

Okay... so I can usually guess what a game is about even from these videos. But I couldn't tell you what the hell MGS4 is about....

Great video though. :D

I really lost my breathe at some points, nice staches by the way.

ssgt splatter:
A whole month, oh boy. How long is the opening cinematic? In Yahtzee's review of MGS4 he said he had timed how long it took from pressing new game to engaging his first enemy..."23 cocking minutes" So is the opening cut-scene longer than that or are they going to go through more than one cut-scene?

Technically, we already went through a gameplay segment there. After Snake drops his rifle behind the truck and the screen fades to black, there's a playable section.
Of course, that playable section consists of "moving to the other side of the truck" before returning to cutscene, so... yeah.
The opening also contains a few other playable sections like "Snake walks down alleyway while other people are shot", "Snake wander around ruined building aimlessly before entering the street and triggering a cutscene", and "Snake runs away from Geckos for a while."
I'm a Metal Gear fan, but there's no denying that MGS4 is essentially a slightly interactive movie. This should be a great month. :)

On a side note, you guys are getting much better at playing off of each other with your jokes. The groan about the Russell Crow joke, the questioning of the repetition of the taco joke, and just the general use of lines like "ah, okay" in response to each other really helps the series. There's something about the two of you communicating that adds to the experience - I feel more connected as a viewer, as though you were addressing me as well.

Anyway, keep on being awesome!

refer to Yahtzee's stance on MGS4's dialogue and cutscenes. sure, it makes your jobs easier by giving you 1 game to cover in a month but it's so drawn out it would be better off as a novel... or an encyclopedia.

btw i'm sure hitio (or however you spell that) will never discover your identities, because he certainly wouldnt look in the credits =0

btw btw great vids, keep making them, they keep me and my brother in stiches for roughly half an hour, which is very long and VERY painful XD

headshotcatcher:

(I know but muscularly legged robots sounds so cool)

Those went out of production when it became clear that laptops with touch-pads were the way of the future. The communications industry has changed. Next thing you know we'll be able to communicate with people from accross the world using tiny devices built into our brains, and get amnesty from bullets while doing so, harr harr harr!

Same MGS time, Same MGS channel.
That's monday on the Escapist.

Great work guys and great idea with this entire MGS4 epic. Can't wait for next week.

Oh dear goddess, what monstrosity has been set in motion...

WolfmanNougat:

Those went out of production when it became clear that laptops with touch-pads were the way of the future. The communications industry has changed. Next thing you know we'll be able to communicate with people from accross the world using tiny devices built into our brains, and get amnesty from bullets while doing so, harr harr harr!

But then how can we scare the elephant things?

I am of the opinion that they should have recorded that live-action opening scene once over, isolated out the audio track, and then recorded it again with Graham and Paul lip-syncing his counterpart's voice. Would've been a decent way to drive traffic to their site: the people familiar with LoadingReadyRun would start piping in saying "That's not what they really sound like," to which the ignorant masses would respond with a confused "Huh?" and wandered off-site seeking proof.

...Alas, opportunities lost.

GodsOneMistake:

Cpt_Oblivious:

not a zaar:
Wow, the little guy's voice sounds nothing like what I expected him to look like. He should be in radio.

Neither of them looked anything like I expected, to be honest.

Ya same here, I expected one of them to be a bit bigger.. No offense guys..

Um, not to burst your bubble there, but I'm actually 6'4".
That makes Paul 5'11", so really neither of us are "the little guy".

Also, everyone should check out www.loadingreadyrun.com to see us in more videos!

ssgt splatter:
A whole month, oh boy. How long is the opening cinematic? In Yahtzee's review of MGS4 he said he had timed how long it took from pressing new game to engaging his first enemy..."23 cocking minutes" So is the opening cut-scene longer than that or are they going to go through more than one cut-scene?

They cut off the TV part before which was fairly long itself.

EDIT: Oops, quoted the wrong person.

Loved it, as per usual. Never played MGS 4, never will if it has the longest cutscenes in FPS shooter history.

YES! I knew this was coming!

Shame there isn't room for ALL of the cutscenes...

headshotcatcher:

Cyborg Mice Arena. Totally worth 200 Microsoft space bucks. In the Indie Games section on your XBox Live internet machine.

I lol'd, here's wondering how far they'll get in a month?

headshotcatcher:

But then how can we scare the elephant things?

We shall use the terror-inducing force of...

WHITE-HAIRED, SWORD-WEILDING NINJA PRETTY BOYS!!! No, really!

Ah, and Metal Gear August is off to a hilarious start!

"Director of Rumbles, Like, in the Bronx, in the Jungle...THE ROYAL!" I love a good wrestling reference.

Oh, nice mustaches, by the way.

The Rogue Wolf:
Guys! You didn't tell us that Mario and Luigi were going to guest-host this episode! Sweet! I guess maybe the Italian accents were just for the stage.

At first, I was all "Yay! Itīs Mario and Luigi! What a pleasant surprise", but after hearing them speak, I became suspicious; Our hosts sound almost deceptively like Graham and Paul. Didnīt you find this a bit weird, as if we were being fooled?

Fightgarr:
Man. Snake really needs to stop smoking. Every time he talked I was just thinking: "Clear your goddamn throat". I look forward to the rest of this cutscene.

Seriously, they should've asked him to cut down on his three-carton-a-day habit sometime before he took up the narrating bit.

And about Snakeīs smoking: Iīm afraid itīs too late, since it would seem like he already has a throat cancer. Apparently he havenīt seen those bulletins concerning the dangers of smoking.

Anyway, I expect you guys to do as good job as you have been doing so far. This is absolutely great stuff.

CaptainCrunch:

headshotcatcher:

Cyborg Mice Arena. Totally worth 200 Microsoft space bucks. In the Indie Games section on your XBox Live internet machine.

Now you're someone who's useful in this war.. QUICK EVERYONE, SCROUNGE YOUR MS POINTS! (Yes caps was neccesary)

WolfmanNougat:

We shall use the terror-inducing force of...

WHITE-HAIRED, SWORD-WEILDING NINJA PRETTY BOYS!!! No, really!

Or we'll use the Gundam Japan built! Sounds like a better idea no?

Ha. I've never seen any of the MGS4 cinematics but I find it hilarious how they repeat the same thing over and over to song poetic.

Here I always thought MGS4 being a interactive movie was a bad thing till now.

apparently now war is all about standing out in the open and running directly into enemy fire *roll*

great job as always guys ^_^

Awesome! I love this game so much!

Am i the only one who finds saying war 'has' changed with the image of generic African war zone, Aks and old trucks a bit of a misstatement.

"Snake expresses his dismay that he can't hold the gun 'gangsta style'". Oh man, I was rollin. Like everyone else, I'm definitely looking forward to this month of Unskippable.

headshotcatcher:

Or we'll use the Gundam Japan built! Sounds like a better idea no?

Eh, either one really. Let's just hope we can save enough MS points.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here