Zero Punctuation: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Good episode but still can't stand the theme tune... sounds a bit better in full, but that's not saying much.

I miss the days of having 2 different songs that perfectly fit the game being reviewed every week :(.

nice theme song, good to hear it in its entirety.

The montage at the end was epic, and ironically enough today i just bought my first issue of TEX.

Nice montage at the end and the theme music sounds a lot better in full than in the episodes.

Many celebrations and partying all night for bitter ol' Yahtzee here

I just counted all the videos in the Zero Punctuation section, because I am a weird person, and I counted 102 videos, so yeah... what's up with that?

Played it. His description and review is pretty accurate... Don't pick Wee-um.

ok so that one was really hilarious, in fact that was the hardest i've laughed since... well since the infamous vs prototype throw down. I was beginning to think i was becoming desensitized to Yahtzee's brand of humor, but I laughed so hard my abs hurt, which says one of two things, either it was really freakin' amazing, or I desperately need to go to the gym...
anyway woo yay happy "its just a number" episode Yahtzee!!!
oh yeah you have 6 more letters left i,k,q,r,x,y

Congratulations on 100. Im kinda surprised that you didnt mention that the love interest is the ONLY WOMAN IN THE ENTIRE GAME. As far as the story, Ray declares that after they find the treasure, he never wants to see him again for no apparant reason. Ray says at the beginning (before they meet the love interest) that if Thomas steals another woman from him, he'll kill him...again for no apparant reason. The general talks about 'putting the darkies back in chains where they belong' seemingly for no other reason than to remind the player that he's the bad guy. And, BTW, the general seems to be a lot less of a bad guy than Ray and Thomas do, cause I can guarantee you he hasnt killed nearly as many people.

[/spoiler] And Ray and Thomas slaughter a bunch of Navajos who havent pulled their guns because theyre standing on their sacred ground, and they get a happy ending?! [/spoiler]

Congratulations on the 100 episodes. ;)

There's 101 on this website though. =/ Unless i've miss counted. xD Not that it matters, like you said, it's just a number.

Anyway, i've enjoyed watching your ZP videos. Will enjoy watching future ones as well. :D

I liked the extended music, and it was nice to have something for the 100th video.

Congrats on 100 episodes, Ben! Time to start working on Zero Punctuation: The Movie.

Or possibly another episode of Game Damage.

Kevin Spacey as the imp? Not sure I get it.

SultanP:
I just counted all the videos in the Zero Punctuation section, because I am a weird person, and I counted 102 videos, so yeah... what's up with that?

its 100 that he made....ones a repeat (Console Showdown) and the other is a compilation done by The Escapist (Year in Review)

The videos have been improving since The Sims 3 review and this was no exception. Well done Mr Croshaw and congratulations on 100 episodes of Zero Punctuation although I expect the thought of a 200th episode fills you with dread.

DJShire:
its 100 that he made....ones a repeat (Console Showdown) and the other is a compilation done by The Escapist (Year in Review)

Ahh. Thanks for that, I was wondering what was up with that.

I hope someone makes a really good ZP game though to suprise Yahtzee.

All fear the rapechair!

Seriously. nice one as usual Yahtzee. Although disconcertingly void of inventive curses- are you feeling alright?

Inarticulate_Underachiever:
The videos have been improving since The Sims 3 review and this was no exception. Well done Mr Croshaw and congratulations on 100 episodes of Zero Punctuation although I expect the thought of a 200th episode fills you with dread.

I agree, he has been steadily improving lately.

I'm actually surprised how good that full version of the theme song is. Any downloads anywhere?

This was rather entertaining, and most of the analysis was on point. I enjoyed the clip show of previous ZP moments. Anyway, Ray isn't that bad. More health and dual pistols mean he can go out and shoot the enemies instead of hiding behind a box like a sissy. And really, the reloading isn't a problem if you have quickshooters. I'm surprised you didn't make for fun of "Wee-um", being the annoying milquetoast that he is.

Congrats Mr Zee!

Nice review, nice montage - long may they continue.

Ok, just out of curiosity, before you heard Yahtzee pronounce Juarez like who-are-ehs (which is correct) how did you pronounce it? I, like another poster, am mexican, and I also find any other pronunciation rather weird.

Congratulations! A hundred videos well done.

And yes, this game seems like a mixed bag.

congratulations on 100 videos. great stuff, and the full theme song is really good

As this week's review happily rolled along, the laughs and witty insight made me think of what I would say in the comments section. "Ah, vintage Yahtzee" was my first choice. But, like the cold-blooded assassin that you are, Yahtzee, you sniped that thought out of existence with the full version of your theme song. Now "vintage" doesn't quite put my satisfaction into words. Perhaps, "friggin awesome?" Yes, that sounds good. Yahtzee, this week's review was friggin awesome.

Congrats on 100, can't wait for 200.

Think I've rewatched too many episodes, soon as I saw "Eyepants of doom"

"Oh &*()! Sorry, I forgot. User made content." went through my head.

If you get that, you've rewatched to much too.

Isn't there 102 zero punctuation videos on the escapist though? Bit late celebration

God I love the way he pronounced JUAREZ! Makes me laugh every time.

SultanP:

Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown and Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008 don't count. They are filler episodes.

He must of played the normal difficulty lvl, I found the difficulty lvl of hard very appropriate (it was pretty hard in some sections) and the very hard difficulty lvl is pretty much impossible.

The boss shootouts were kindof annoying and had a steep learning curve, but i did not have to count the seconds just get very good at drawing instantly. and i think they did add to the game something somewhat fun, original, and very well done.

Blankets....lol.

Love your vids as usual.

AboveUp:

I agree, he has been steadily improving lately.

I'm actually surprised how good that full version of the theme song is. Any downloads anywhere?

The full (extended) version download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/263840309/ZeroPunctuationExtendedFinal.mp3

I hope the Escapist doesn't mind, it was in their game media pack after all.

Congratulations on the 100th episode
I enjoy watching episodes even if i have no intention in getting some of the games ( some times i don't get them because of your review)

Yahtzee has come a long way. I can't remember the last time I saw an episode this good.
Nice montage at the end.

Its cool to see you have 100 videos .what is kind of sad on my part is that ive seen them all at least 3 times

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64545)