Doomsday Arcade: Episode 15

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I don't know that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'll be checking around the room for mama.

Y'know, their casualness while eating a guy had to be the funniest part of the episode. Cooking Mama was the creepiest.

Hahaha. That was priceless.

today was teh first time i watched this series, i watched all 15 episodes in one go,THIS RULES

also, gimme episode 13 hammer song

ninjajoeman:
you know im actually hungrier then I was that food that cooking mama made looked good, yet I wouldn't eat it cause my names Michael

Wounder if people with the name Michelle are screwed too seeing as how it's the female version of Michael.

frankenpimp:
Is that grammatically correct what they said at the end? "I know where the resistance are" It sounds like it could be but...

We debated this for a long time. Still think we got it wrong.

DETHANAUT:

Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it.

A 'Warlock' Goddammit

LOL I died laughing watching them vomiting!!! Also something tells me he knows where the resistance is because there's a giant sign saying "Resistance base"

Fucked up episode, but funny none-the-less. I'm suprised they didn't get bad karma for eating him xD

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:
Is that grammatically correct what they said at the end? "I know where the resistance are" It sounds like it could be but...

Ok just to clear this up, yes I'm a grammar bitch, are is used when referring to more then one thing such as "The dogs are over there". However, when it's singular you use is. "The dog is over there". The resistance is a singular object there for is would be correct. If it was the resistances are would be correct.

That's gotta be the most disgusting episode you've ever done, including the whole eyes thing everyone's freaked out about, myself included.
The cliffhanger, however, was awesome. Nice work.

They have mersa powers now?

A 'Warlock' Goddammit

WRONG!

Oh crap... I think that's the closest I ever got to vomiting while watching an escapist show... oh bagger, ANY SHOW.

Still good episode. Nice job on the effects & stuff :). Hired a professional to do you the scars make up or have you done this yourself?

Kingcallum:

jericu:

Probably the eyes

What else.....oh yeah.....

Umm, it could have been something else... *eyes twitch* But it was definitly the eyes! creepiest this this fortnight.

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:

Ok just to clear this up, yes I'm a grammar bitch, are is used when referring to more then one thing such as "The dogs are over there". However, when it's singular you use is. "The dog is over there". The resistance is a singular object there for is would be correct. If it was the resistances are would be correct.

the resistance can also refer to a people, thus it would be a group or plural.

Zeeky_Santos:

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:

Yes that would be true however it's still referring to one resistance and no so much the number of people in the resistance. If that was that case then yes it would be are. But it means the group and a group is a noun being one thing not things. I could be wrong about the are and is thing but I'm very sure I'm not.

Doug:

jericu:
Haha. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess.

Cooking Mama looked really freaky to me. Probably the eyes. Good episode, but I wish we had actually been shown the fight with Alex Mercer. That would have been cool.

Hell yeah cooking mama was creepy! I think that was the point - although alot of anime characters look outright destrubing to me.

Nice episode though, although the gross out factor was abit high for my tastes.

Yokai:
Great episode, although I'm rather surprised Mercer went down so easily. And yes, Mama was fucking terrifying.

If only the cops in Prototype knew Mercer has weak knees.

that was obviously a shot to the bollocks.

The cooking Mama thing was more scary than the Fear 2 episode. FUCKING CREEPY!

Lizmichi:

Zeeky_Santos:

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:

Yes that would be true however it's still referring to one resistance and no so much the number of people in the resistance. If that was that case then yes it would be are. But it means the group and a group is a noun being one thing not things. I could be wrong about the are and is thing but I'm very sure I'm not.

More or less, my argument for 'are' was that resistance was a group and I was uncertain whether to treat it as a singular group, or as a collective noun.

MadeinHell:
Hired a professional to do you the scars make up or have you done this yourself?

Scars were done myself, it's surprisingly easy with the right makeup.

Yep. I'm gonna add to the chorus of "THE EYES!"

Timtimfed:

Lizmichi:

Zeeky_Santos:

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:

More or less, my argument for 'are' was that resistance was a group and I was uncertain whether to treat it as a singular group, or as a collective noun.

Meh doesn't matter nor does it bother me; It's not like this is an English paper. Just pointing out what I though was correct. Why I may never know. :/

That Ingrid Newkirk but was nice, but how did they do the eye effect?

That was a hella cool episode.
There is a huge difference in quality between their first episode to the last few.
Although the last 2 episodes have been creepy as hell.

Eyes creepy but the effects were awesome when the set alight. Disgusting to watch but pretty damn funny. Loved how you interwove the occasional foreign word.

I just had to pick this episode to watch while I sat down and ate my dinner.. very gross

lol momma's using a wiimote to cook with clever

DETHANAUT:

A 'Warlock' Goddammit

WRONG!

*still wonders why the Michael Poison didn't work*

Unless it's some terribly witty in-joke.

/from a fellow Michael

The girl who played Mama is disgustingly cute.

i'd do mama... even with the eyes

as ever hard to watch but hilarious at the same time

You've responded to the grammar argument so many times Shanks, could you please tell us why the Micheal poison didn't work?

P.S. Loved the episode. You guys just keep getting better.

It seems that we've infuriated the grammer Nazis.

since you're not telling us why they didn't die from the poison
iam gona just take a guess that they gained powers from eating mercer lol

probably gona be explained in the next episode

DETHANAUT:

Don't worry about the grammar Nazis, I'm sure they will leave you alone eventually. Like flies.

DETHANAUT:

It's "grammar". You're fired.

Wheresmyslaw:
You've responded to the grammar argument so many times Shanks, could you please tell us why the Micheal poison didn't work?

Maybe it's a slow burning poison?
Maybe it was really mislabeled smack?
It's all part of the plan...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook