Reliable Source: Furniture, Marijuana and Bobby Kotick

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This week on Reliable Source: Furniture, Marijuana and Bobby Kotick!

Read Full Article

A new series I hope? :)

Unsurprisingly, I found the marijuana article to be the most interesting. Too bad it's a gateway drug, huh. Nice lil' comical touches here and there. I'll definitely follow this feature.

Good to see you writing again. Giggles abound, as ever. Nice work.

Oh man, I hope this becomes a regular feature. Really hilarious.

this sounds like those news where they jump from article to article, there was good satirical comedy but i dont think this works that well as "news clippings", why donīt you try to make a 1-2 minute video only with voice and a few pics, you even dont need to use your own voice if you use "vocaloid" and any decent google search should be able to come up with a few worthy pics on the subjects.

just a thougth, these kind of Jokes tend to be more "auditive" than "visual".

Egads, this is just too good. Probably my favorite column on the site so far.

Is anyone else here imagining Niko Bellic with the munchies after reading this article?
Ploughing his car through pedestrians in an effort to get a Whitecastle Burger.
Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, good article. Hope this becomes regular.

Isn't this a lot like nilcyphers 'The week in review'? I know he hasn't done it in a while, I'm really just wondering if it's been discontinued.

bodyklok:
Isn't this a lot like nilcyphers 'The week in review'? I know he hasn't done it in a while, I'm really just wondering if it's been discontinued.

You haven't figured it out yet? Nilcypher and wilsonscrazybed are the same person. Wilcypher. It's quite obvious really.

I like the bit about doing a barrel roll as a cure for headaches.

xitel:

bodyklok:

You haven't figured it out yet? Nilcypher and wilsonscrazybed are the same person. Wilcypher. It's quite obvious really.

I know you're joking, but now that you've said it, it makes perfect sense.

Still not a good excuse for why nilcypher isn't still doing 'the week in review' though.

bodyklok:

Not done it in a while? Look at the date on the article you've linked, it's from Saturday.

hehe, that just brightened up my dull day, thank you.

Fat Man Spoon:

its what I do for mine

nilcypher:

bodyklok:

Not done it in a while? Look at the date on the article you've linked, it's from Saturday.

Oh, well, errr... so it is. Umm... Well I just hadn't seen it in a while, and then because of that I didn't bother to check the date on that article. Since I assumed it was old.

My point still stands thought, The week in review and Reliable Source do seem to serve the same purpose, really though, I'm just wondering what Reliable Source is actually for. Is it a summery of events? Or is it more like an independent news source?

Irridium:
hehe, that just brightened up my dull day, thank you.

You are welcome.

bodyklok:

nilcypher:

bodyklok:

Oh, well, errr... so it is. Umm... Well I just hadn't seen it in a while, and then because of that I didn't bother to check the date on that article. Since I assumed it was old.

My point still stands thought, The week in review and Reliable Source do seem to serve the same purpose, really though, I'm just wondering what Reliable Source is actually for. Is it a summery of events? Or is it more like an independent news source?

Erm. I'll assume that the difference is that Nil's is real events, while Wilsons appear to be made up for comedy effect?

Unless you think guitar hero has actually trademarked music....

bodyklok:

xitel:

bodyklok:

I know you're joking, but now that you've said it, it makes perfect sense.

Joking? You must not have heard me correctly. Why else would nilcypher have suddenly appeared when his column was mentioned in the comments of Wilson's column?

How the hell was I not involved in the gta/weed study.
That's a typical Thursday night for me anyway.

I could've given them those findings years ago. Although, there was that time I drove over the GWB singing "Eminence Front" and hurling molotovs at the Jersy state police, but that was like once out of the 50 times I smoked half an oz and played San Andreas.

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

its what I do for mine

You have a spaceship?

...Smoking pot helps video game violence? What did they do, give each guy who took the test a car and a city? Oh well, I still think there are definitely better ways to stop video game violence, like, the fact I don't think it happens, and is a person thing, but it was comical. I accept this comically.

I feel like I just witnessed a terrible wreck on a high-speed interstate. Two cultures having slammed nose-first into one another. The warped, carbonized-alumin(i)um crushed into one another made a shape vaguely recognizable to the passers-by. Instead of making a big deal out of wreck, the two drivers simply sat down in their new hybridized vehicle and continued on the way.

Traffic collision metaphors aside, I do feel like someone slammed 1Up into The Onion and they both carried on as if nothing happened. It's a good thing, and results in some excellent writing. Fantastic column, nilson, and I look forward to the next coming.

I am utterly disappointed and outraged that someone - who is not me - is being paid to smoke pot and play GTA!

Higurashi:
Unsurprisingly, I found the marijuana article to be the most interesting. Too bad it's a gateway drug, huh. Nice lil' comical touches here and there. I'll definitely follow this feature.

Marijuana is about as much a "gate-way" drug as milk is.
EDIT: Or is in some cases an anti-gateway drug.
http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=6449

bue519:

Higurashi:

Marijuana is about as much a "gate-way" drug as milk is.

The only reason it could even be remotely called a gatway drug is the factor it is placed in the same bunch as all the rest, and that is the illegal category. So therefore, the "store" you buy it from might be out of stock of what you normally buy, and you even though you normally don't change brands, you might get bored or curious and that is where the factor comes into play. So all they have to do, is make pot legal and sell it in store, and now it isn't a gatway drug. The system MAKES it a gateway drug.

But most people that educate themselves and don't just take the government's word have learned there is a whole world out there the average person is blinded to being able to see. Your synapse has yet to be seperated long enough to experience another side of life you have yet to understand. Take the red pill.. take the blue pill.. its up to you.. sleep or wake up.. what ever.. I don't care...

Actually, I think its chewing gum that is the original gateway drug. In school, kids look around to see if anyone is looking and asks, got any gum, man? GUM is the gateway drug..

*edit* I need 3 more posts to hit 420 :)

wilsonscrazybed:

This week on Reliable Source: Furniture, Marijuana and Bobby Kotick!

Read Full Article

That was hilarious...encore!

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

its what I do for mine

You have a spaceship?

You mean you don't have a spaceship?!

...wow, awkward...

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

its what I do for mine

You have a spaceship?

...wow, awkward...

Oh, of course I do. I was simply pondering what someone of ''your'' social ranking was doing with a spaceship. In fact, you stole it, didn't you?

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

its what I do for mine

You have a spaceship?

...wow, awkward...

Oh, of course I do. I was simply pondering what someone of ''your'' social ranking was doing with a spaceship. In fact, you stole it, didn't you?

If by "steal" you mean aquire from a dead person than yes, I did "steal" it.

What? The dude was dead, there's no law against grave robbing.
Plus he's dead, its not like he's going to use it anytime soon.

Irridium:

What kind of spaceship is it?

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Well, if you must know, it is a Flying Scaucer with a modest weapons system and can travel at standard light speeds.

Its nothing fancy, but it gets me from point A to point B.

I don't need any of your hoity toity fancy pants ships.

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Well, if you must know, it is a Flying Scaucer with a modest weapons system and can travel at standard light speeds.

Its nothing fancy, but it gets me from point A to point B.

I don't need any of your hoity toity fancy pants ships.

What the hell man?! You stole my servent's ship?!

Fat Man Spoon:

Hey, your servent shouldn't have left the keys in the ignition, left it unlocked, and put it outside.

If anything, I liberated the thing from the hands of incompetence.

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

Hey, your servent shouldn't have left the keys in the ignition, left it unlocked, and put it outside.

Just one word of advice: Don't upon the trunk.

Fat Man Spoon:

Irridium:

Fat Man Spoon:

Just one word of advice: Don't upon the trunk.

Thanks, but I've, um, whats the right word, aquired used vehicles in the past, I know what to open and what to not open.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here