The Escapist Show: Episode 42: Section 8

Episode 42: Section 8

Russ brings Nerf to a gunfight and we get the scoop on Section 8.

To see more on Section 8 check out John Funk's preview

This week's musical guests:

Martin Ahm - "Force"
Frank Klepacki - "Dominate"

Watch Video

Alright, DDKR is just getting... what the hell guys. Also, Russ falling was pricelessly d-movie level acting.

Nonetheless, Section 8 is shaping up to be a good multiplayer experience methinks.

Episode 42: section 8: paragraph 9, sentence 11...

Wow, they could not have made Section 8 look more like everything else.

"Instead of goo guns and laser pulse rifles, you get assault rifles and shotguns."

Looked alot like Halo to me, right down to the floating jumps, invisi-shields, and left handed grenade tosses. ZzZZzZZ

xitel:
Also, Russ falling was placelessly d-movie level acting.

Which is why it was hilarious. At least I was laughing.

(placelessly?)

Susan Arendt:

xitel:

(placelessly?)

I may or may not have meant to say pricelessly...

xitel:

Susan Arendt:

xitel:

(placelessly?)

Ah! Well, that makes far more sense, then. :)

Susan Arendt:

xitel:

Susan Arendt:

xitel:

(placelessly?)

Ah! Well, that makes far more sense, then. :)

Yeah, the things I say tend to make more sense when I actually say them as opposed to think them.

They're "the best fighting force the universe has ever seen" but they're VOLUNTEERS????

Arbitrary Cidin:
They're "the best fighting force the universe has ever seen" but they're VOLUNTEERS????

And? Not that there is necessarily any corollary between this fantasy world and ours, but almost every special forces unit is volunteer based. You generally don't conscript soldiers into elite units.

Arbitrary Cidin:

The best candidates for any given task are rarely selected by a random draft. Most work hard to become exceptional. Is it so hard to believe that the greatest soldiers in the universe would come to Section 8 for little more than a spot in the history books?

Ok, that was unbelievably random.

The game looks good, and that 'burning drop' feature could be interesting.

Wow, guys, you've really outdone yourself on the CGI this time! I almost felt sick watching Russ falling. But try not to overspend on the expensive CGI or you might run out of money for the servers.

;)

NOOOO!!!! Not the kitties!!!!

Man i love Russ... :)

The spawn point being chosen by the player seems interesting enough

Ps. Kill the kittehs!

Pps. first post yayyy ^.^

xitel:
Alright, DDKR is just getting... what the hell guys. Also, Russ falling was pricelessly d-movie level acting.

...wait that scene with Russ wasn't real?

The one thing I will say about this game is that the lvl's seem very empty // Apart from a few random items and the main building there was nothin to them // Now that could just be the way its set up, that the world its set on is like that // Will no more later

Also, Put The Kitten Down!!!

-M

Arbitrary Cidin:

Professional soldiers are volunteers. The US and most western military are made up of volunteers. A volunteer military do more for less and have a strong history of destroying conscription/draft armies.

Cool episode, I really wanted to see more of Section 8.

Is it just me or the graphics are closer to shit land than in other games ?

Also the phrase "Coming Soon" should be banned or killed or something.

Well when that guy said with consoles I think he meant with console.

I'm sorry but stuff like that really annoys me.

Anywho... Russ that falling was awesome! Also I wish I could be pumped for Section 8 but since it's not coming out for the PS3 I can't get too involved.

I'm at 2 minutes into the video and 5 stars already.

Unfortunately, the Section 8 beta plays no sound on my computer. I've reported it (I'm not the only one with the problem), but only played one game so never figured out how to decently equip myself while in the fray on the battlefield, or however you do it.

Still, it looks like a pretty cool game and I like the overall artistic sense and style, so if I had sound I'd be playing.

But in my line of work, whenever I hear "Section 8" I think federally subsidized housing.

EDIT: When the announcer tells us what section 8 DOESN'T have--i.e. futuristic weapons and alien races--it left me really wishing it DID have that. I mean, isn't this the perfect setting for District 9 type weaponry? Is a shot gun really appropriate for shooting space marines in power armor? Haven't we been there done that with the usual weapon set? If you are one of the Section 8 game designers and happen to be reading this please you are still in beta think about adding some of these things you know you want too!! =p

You're such a dork, Russ. Nice shot though, right on the lens and everything! Way to go! P-)

Cind:

Pps. first post yayyy ^.^

Welcome, then!

Wow, that game looks unbelieveably bland, honestly. I never really feel any emotional connection with people inside tin-cans.

Was that super-fake southern accent part of the game? If not, cute. If it was, Ugh.

hahah, worst fallin green screen effect ever!

-M

The man said Platforms.

Xbox 360?

*Prays*

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Was that super-fake southern accent part of the game? If not, cute. If it was, Ugh.

No, that is not part of the game. That was my ill-fated attempt at a gruff, Southern Marine of the future, glad you thought it was cute ;)

KPKR is at hand!
*Kill panda, kill! revolution
That burning drop feature also lets you crash into people, killing them ^^

Wow I may have even purchased this game until I watched this video and learned that their producer was a complete prick.

It's clear he has nothing but contempt for other game developers. "Burn in spawning" and the better flow of gameplay seemed interesting, but I'd rather wait until they're copied by another developer with less of a chip on their shoulder.

oh noes! Those poor kittehs!

Now that we've got that outta the way, Section 8 shaping up to be a decent FPS, albeit a slightly generic one. Hopefully the vehicles will be more refined in a future patch

Kill the kitties.
Satanic Panda.

Yeeeeesssssssss.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 50918)