Reliable Source: Boobs, Gabe Newell, and Boobs

Reliable Source: Boobs, Gabe Newell, and Boobs

This week on Reliable Source: Boobs, Gabe Newell, and Boobs

Read Full Article

Awesome set of 'news' stories this week.

I think maybe Gabe's Mom needs to take away deserts until Episode 3 is finished as well.

Sorry, I thought the article was about Gabe Newell's boobs.

I thought PETA was the only advocacy group that attacked people with chainsaws?

I must be living under a rock, because I've never seen Reliable Source on The Escapist before. Anyways, good read.

Trying to stop violence. yeah right... Coming at people with chainsaws is not violent?

Rawflcakes I think you have lessons to learn about irony and satire. Not everything everyone says is supposed to be taken at face value. If you understand that then I have another suggestion: explaining a joke does not make it funnier. Quite the opposite in fact.

Brilliant work Seth :) Look forward to next weeks.

This is an amazing article by the way. Thank you Mrs. Newell for shedding some light on the Episode 3 situation.

Is this a new segment? Because it's awesome. Keep 'em coming Wilson!

Ohhhhh Yoko.

Wait a second, I smell tomfoolery!
That tie has been photoshopped in hasn't it?

Great satire.

you forgot to mention that, due to Yoko Ono's involvement with Harmonix, they've added to the track list, the Barenaked Ladies' "Be My Yoko Ono", if only to mock her. They've also agreed to release Beatles Rock Band as an abstract disc rather than a concrete one.

Also, I like boobs, so I read this.

I see a connection! Bobby steals Gabe's cookies, getting fat and blaming his obesity on videogames which causes antiviolence people to take chainsaws to developers that are being plagued by Yoko Ono's fairytale creatures, with boobs.
So it's Bobby's boobs that are to blame for Episode 3 not coming out yet! Case solved!

His mother... is she missing a few brain cells or joking around?
Nonetheless, I found this issue hilarious and informing.

1: OF COURSE BOOBS SELL!! anyone who says that they don't already has them.
2: she needs ground him for god's sake
3: hmmm, not moving and eating foods that are more preservatives than anything leading to obesity?? NOOOOOO....
4: the only way to end someone's violence is with your own.
and 5: yoko needs to just.... just stop... go find the nearest street, and jump infront of the next truck that comes you way...

great stuff man, keep it up!

Nice. Kind of like the Onion...with games!

And boobs!

This made my day... Especially with the sudden resurgence of Evony ads.

Great article, very funny. Keep it up!

Oh wonderful satire how I have missed you. Continue with the great work.

Hey, Seth: Do you really have a giant tie like that? Love your work, look forward to the next one.

:D I love this.

Please keep making more.

I feel like I am being redundant, but I feel it is necessary to repeat our love for this over and over so that YOU KNOW. (starts singing Jason Mraz's "If it Kills Me") AND I WILL FIND A WAY TO YOU IF IT KEELS ME, IF IT KEELS ME, IF IT KEELS ME...

Boobs Online, what a great idea!!11!!

BehattedWanderer:
Hey, Seth: Do you really have a giant tie like that? Love your work, look forward to the next one.

I do, it's a token of my courage at the battle of Circus Hill during the Clown Wars.

Also, do you have a hat, or is that just what they call you?

wilsonscrazybed:

BehattedWanderer:

I do, it's a token of my courage at the battle of Circus Hill during the Clown Wars.

Also, do you have a hat, or is that just what they call you?

I have a small plethora of hats, actually, none of which are ballcaps. My favorite is an antique Bowler, from the French Mossant! Company, one of the companies who had the biggest success for all the business they did in the early 20th century. I wander, too, but more people care about the hat.

And I tip my hat to your bravery during those, in respect. I remember those days, Mimes silently screaming at you, waving invisible weapons in your face, when one of his colorful buddies comes 'round the corner, giant shoes a-flappin', and gets you with one of those trick squirt flowers full of Agent Chartruse...We should all be thanking you. If it wasn't for valor when you took that Hill...Well, today our noses might be a whole different shape. I thank you sir.

That was very funny. Has this been around for very long? I've never seen it before. In any case, I'll be keeping my eye out for it from now on.

latenightapplepie:
That was very funny. Has this been around for very long? I've never seen it before. In any case, I'll be keeping my eye out for it from now on.

This is the 2nd week. You can find previous issues here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/reliable-source

Rawflcakes:
Trying to stop violence. yeah right... Coming at people with chainsaws is not violent?

Post of the week?

Unless you were being ironic. Hard to tell with so few posts.

Hey, I've been seeing those Evony ads popping up lately. Makes the article all the funnier.

beddo:

Rawflcakes:

Post of the week?

Unless you were being ironic. Hard to tell with so few posts.

I get the impression that post was made in an entirely serious manner, and am also under the impression that the poster took the article just as seriously.

Here's the latest Evony ad

...they're getting silly now.

Walrus42:

Here's the inspiration for the Envoy piece:

Walrus42:

Haha, thats just... they've lost all pretense of the banner girl even being related to the game. Before I could kind of half buy it with the medieval-style-queen woman in the ads, but really, with advertisements like that, why do they even bother with the whole 'game' aspect of it anymore.

Another post, and again I have ejected milk from my nostrils from laughter. Awesome little bite-sized bits of satire, now only if I could clean out my laptop keyboard.

Boobs, eh?

Well, I'm never one to turn down fun pillows.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here