There Will Be Brawl: Episode Seven

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Just saw it, holy crap, better than most professional Hollywood movies/series on the television right now. You guys are just fantastic with this.
And the identity of the killer is driving me crrraaazzzyyy. o.0
Can't wait for next month's episode. :D!

It's weird just how much Link's costume looks like a U.S. Army male Class A coat with the shoulder bridges and pockets removed...

Has anyone noticed how all the "good guys" are bad and "bad guys" are trying to be good. Mario and Luigi maybe trying to save the kingdom but look what they are involved in. Drugs, pokemon fighting ring, prostitution. Link, Zelda, Marth and Ike are all crooked cops. Kirby eats people.

As for the bad guys, Donkey Kong reconciled with Pauline and Mario had no real reason to kill him. Wario is also involved in the same things as the Mario Brothers but we later find out he is working with the cops, maybe undercover? He even takes care of his "special needs" brother. Dedede was meeting with the cops and was trying to stop the turf war.

Vanguard1219:

Areani:
Now here is a quote to be remembered ;)

"The frightened reach out and are cast aside.
The weak cry out and you raise your fist against them.
Now the kingdom rises to repay you in kind.
I may have held mercy for you, but there is only one fist that may bruise the face of my angel.
FALCOOON PUUUUNCH!"

I may have gotten something wrong, feel free to correct me.

This series is awesome.

I heard it as "there is only one fist that may bruise my angel", which gives it a completely different subtext....

O.O' Mental image...

I'm going to put it out there; princess peach

Flying-Emu:
A bit of critique: Captain Falcon's outfit, it's absolutely wonderful, except for the chest-pectoral area. Captain falcon is incredibly buff, and considering he wears tights, it shows. You might consider building an underwear for the Falcon character that gives the illusion of him being overly muscular, to complete the character's look.

Captain Falcon looks exactly as we want him to look. A lot of our characters don't exactly match the original video game design, and for good reason. Falcon's got problems like everyone else... and after years of stress and not living in the Kingdom he used to love, a man can grow a bit of a beer belly. ;)

BustaJonesGavin:

Flying-Emu:
A bit of critique: Captain Falcon's outfit, it's absolutely wonderful, except for the chest-pectoral area. Captain falcon is incredibly buff, and considering he wears tights, it shows. You might consider building an underwear for the Falcon character that gives the illusion of him being overly muscular, to complete the character's look.

Captain Falcon looks exactly as we want him to look. A lot of our characters don't exactly match the original video game design, and for good reason. Falcon's got problems like everyone else... and after years of stress and not living in the Kingdom he used to love, a man can grow a bit of a beer belly. ;)

I actually thought he looks amazing, btw, how many people actually are involved in this? Acting wise.

worth the wait!
at least Link isnt as much of a scummer any more
its interesting, but the game references are still brilliant! who were the police cadets that got falconed supposed to be?
could you release a DVD? cos of the long wait, im losing a lot of whats going on

That had to be the most bad-ass line, from now on. Every time I hit a Falcon Punch I'm pausing and saying THAT line.

However this is indeed amazing work, and it has a great story so far. I even thought maybe Yahtzee may have had a hand in this, he hates brawl and this dark humor makes it hilarious.

Guitar Gamer:

petey hunter:
who is the butcher, kirby keeps syaing he'll tell, but he never does

isn't it

that was sheik, princess zeldas alter ego

he comes prepared

Sooooooo Worth The Wait. It had everything one could want in a TWBB episode. Hannibal Lect-I mean Kirby (and vs Metaknight!), old school references, and even a Falcon PUCNCH!!! Ooh, and Ike Died. Yay!

My theory for episode 8. Kirby escapes by killing metaknight and wearing his clothing.

no, there can only be one suspect for these killings:
sonic the hedgehog

I braced for epic before this episode came out. I was still blown away.

Hahahaa ill keep my guessing to myself but man this episode is so great this whole series is awesome. Good....Exelente work my friends

LoL at pit screaming away from squirtle XD

This series is amazing.

A lot of you continue to mention that the killer has skill with a blade. Luigi made that assumption, but Kirby told him off because of how wrong it was.

/spoiler

I'm willing to place a wager on the Pokemon trainer as the killer. I've long suspected it, but certain realizations made my mind up. Notably, the Trainer's conversation with Samus was revealing about his worries regarding the kingdom. He's far too innocent for the world he is surrounded by, and probably in an ill-conceived attempt to make everything better, he is killing off everyone who he believes is corrupting the city. With 2 mob bosses among those few that were murdered (Mewtwo and Dee), this seems to be a reasonable assumption at the motivation. Pichu was probably killed off originally just to follow in accordance with the release of Brawl, but they will likely explain it as he had a falling out with the Trainer. Secondly, the Trainer's abilities with his wide arsenal of Pokemon would allow him to easily and quickly commit his crimes. Kirby's final line regarding how close Luigi was to the murderer might be alluding to his literal proximity to the Trainer. Additionally, the first of those murdered was stuffed into a pokeball, and none have been since. This would normally seem too obvious, however, oftentimes murderers commit their first act without planning, leading me to think that a mistake like that is plausible. The disemboweling is probably a message of some kind, or a warning to others, but most likely it serves to darken the plot further.

Lucario was seen before with luigi and Wario where Wario bet on Pikachu over Lucario. Also can't be snake as he was revealed along with sonic (he was the guy in the box) he acted more like a vietnam war vet then a phycopath. There still is Tabuu (but i think that is to obvious) there are literally hundreds of side characters many which haven't been seen so even refrenced so there all those and lets not forget Bowser, mario could be right "It's always the same, it's always a bowser" anyway great work guys i rate a 5/5 keep it coming.

Why the hell isn't this on T.V.!!!???

BustaJonesGavin:

Flying-Emu:

Ah, of course. Well, don't I look like a twit now. Feel free to slap me about, I deserve it.

Great work.

w1ndscar:

Guitar Gamer:

petey hunter:
who is the butcher, kirby keeps syaing he'll tell, but he never does

isn't it

that was sheik, princess zeldas alter ego

so I have been told
but

Nice sunglasses Link.

This was definitely one of the best episodes so far. Amazing how you manage to keep the series fresh and awesome all this time. Kudos.

Also, the part with Navi made me laugh out loud.

No... words...

So... beautiful...

God I love this series. surprisingly well written. can't wait for the next ep.

Jeronus:
I think the butcher might not even be a brawl character or even Nintendo. I think it might piss some people off but it would make for a great twist.

GREAT EPISODE! I look forward to the next chapter.

This is wild speculation, but may I suggest Tabuu? and Master Hand?
Where are they?

But it was really good and Luigi continues to be Rorschach-esque

Head trauma = stomp, so that narrows the suspects. Everything Kirby said sure seems to point to Sonic, but...the wheelchair...hell, for all I know it's Diddy Kong. Guess I'll just have to keep watching.

Next episode, I predict that there will be some... OBJECTION!

Also, when will we be able to buy the "There Will Be Brawl" DVD?

There are really only three plausible solutions, one being fairly linear/logical, one being the smart/surprise yet kind of expected answer, and the other being completely out of left field. This is what I think:

1) MASTER HAND - if the series is about a greater power that is reeking havoc on the Smash Bros world, why would it be anyone else? Even the main "storyline" of the original Super Smash Bros was about a hand playing with Nintendo character puppets, thereby creating the SSB universe. And what else other than a giant hand would skin a person alive? And, think about the ominous HAL Laboratories tower looming over the world. They are the creators of the overworld to begin with. This I think is the most logical answer, but maybe it's too predictable.

2) POKEMON + PKMN TRAINER - think about it. Other than Bowser (and tertiary characters like Dr Mario and Toon Link), all of the stand alone Pokemon have not appeared in any of the episodes. They said the killer is quick and cunning, so why not Pikachu? And we already know that the sweet/cudly characters from the games are actually devilish in this universe, so why not Jigglypuff? Lucario is a badass as well. And in the ultimate twist, maybe the kid PKMN Trainter is their leader. He is way to innocent, which is in start contrast to the rest of the characters in this world. So what is the motive? He is out to prove that the World of Pokemon is greater than the Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule.

3) POLYGON TEAM - way out in left field, but why not? In the games, they are regarded as completely useless and easily defeated. But in this backwards world, why couldn't they be powerful? Also, this would explain why only the skins are being taken. The polygons need skins. How nerdy is that?

dolphinsexed:
POLYGON TEAM - way out in left field, but why not? In the games, they are regarded as completely useless and easily defeated. But in this backwards world, why couldn't they be powerful? Also, this would explain why only the skins are being taken. The polygons need skins. How nerdy is that?

HA! I like it. I think that's the first theory yet that establishes motive.

<3

Worth wait, bring on the next eipsode!

0p3rati0n:
Why the hell isn't this on T.V.!!!???

I'm guessing either TV people haven't see it, or they are snobs and go 'Oh its a show about video game characters and hence not worth our time.' A shame really, as it would work on TV; though I think they'd need more plot lines after this 'the killer' thread is over.

That was great! I loved the twist in Luigis character. It is starting to cover some really interesting scenes, though I prefer it when they do verbal/psychological stuff, as opposed to fights. Except for Ep.5. Ep.5 was pure gold.

How about Giyagas, he killed Mewtwo for stealing his looks and now is terrorizing the SSBB cast because he is never mentioned in any of the games when he is indeed the lead villain on Mother/earthbound. and "As long as the laugh of a child can be heard the kingdom can be saved." and the laughing children Lucas and Ness, perfect for saving the kingdom from Giyagas. cool theory but unlikely methinks.

However a line got me with Samus. "There is no home to go when the bounties have dried up." this could be a confession. Mob bosses being hit, Luigi going blank when he tried to vouch for Samus's where abouts. even the butcher being refered to as a guy is misleading. but so was Samus's appearance when I first played a Metroid game. no one who doesn't know about Samus will think she is a guy when they first see her in the Varia suit. as ZSS she is fast but than the skinning and the removing of the bones dosn't fit. Anyway great job i loved this episode and it has really given me a lot to think about.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here