There Will Be Brawl: Episode Seven

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

MBurner 93:
So Kirby is the one who killed Daisy, right? Anyways my guess for the butcher would be Samus.
1. Kirbys hint about it being at the begining, and Samus was there from early on.
2. She hangs back before DeDeDe is killed off.
3. She just happens to be working for the penguin suddenly before he is killed
4. All her bounties have dried up. She need money. She may be hired by Bowser or mabye even Gannon to eliminate power figures in the kingdom.
Just my thoughts. Feel free to rip apart.

The problem i'm having with that theory, and just about every theory so far, is why leave nothing but intestines?
I assume it MUST have something to do with making trophies, but I can't imagine Samus doing that.

Well the killer is indeed like kirby. Is it so much that the killer leaves behind the guts as much as the killer TAKES their skins? Perhaps to copy kirby, and dance around in them (gain their 'hats' in game terms)? Now that I think of it, wasn't there a copy-cat of hannibal and that was why they were asking for his help? (I didn't see the movie, btw)

I for for one don't think it's metaknight. Metaknight obsessed with kirby as Dedede said, but not enough to be a serial killer. Obsessed with Kirby, who he probably feels should be... executed for his crimes. He watches kirby, hoping for him to try something so he can vanguish him once and for all. Vengeance. His relationship with Kirby does not lead me to beleive he'd go on a killing spree that would unhinge the entire kingdom. It wouldn't help him at all

One theory could be that it is Sheik/Zelda in cooperation with someone else. Like Bowser. Shiek has her knives that she could use to easily skin someone. And as sheik, disguised and with authority in the police force, she covers her own trail with the police raid. Bowser kidnaps the princess for himself. Sheik is crowned princess. She then uses the ensuing chaos, perhaps to punish/cleans the mushroom kingdom and restore Hyrule as a people with power again. Bowser of course gains power too, as his rivals are knocked out of the way. Sheik is ninja-ish and an assassin's blow to the back of the head could have done Dedede in. But it doesn't really explain why the victims are skinned except to throw them off as suspects. Although it suggest that she's working with bowser, since Lakitu, who was working for Bowser until recently, was the one who gave them the picture revealing shiek to be Zelda. Information she tried to keep secret when she was aiming for lakitu.

Anyways, whoever kidnapped princess peach, I don't think they're the buther. There doesn't seem to be a reason for the butcher to keep her alive. 1. She'd be a witness 2. What leverage would the butcher hold over who if he/she kept her alive? Bait? Someone else probably did it, perhaps as insurance for later to keep the Mario bros from interfering while they rise to power.

Gah, the butcher and the war seem to be two separate happenings to me, but I could be wrong. The butcher shows up. Then someone else uses it to their adavantage to rise up. idk.

Perhaps Roy, as part of the police force stumbled upon zelda's plot to kill mewtwo. Perhaps roy was on the way to warn mewtwo or something, and was caught and killed. Pichu could have been a silenced witness?

Perhaps the whole skinning thing is the red herring. A terrorist tactic to help expedite the kingdom's self-destruction.

You know, Samus, PKMN Trainer and Pit are all thin enough to walk out through those bars sideways.

There is a hannibal copy-cat with a dragon tatooed on his back.

I have a wierd idea here. Stafy is by many considered to be a Kirby rip-off, and he is an assist trophy in the game. However, it probbly isn't him, I'm pretty sure the butcher is one of the playable characters.

I love how they made Link a lot more... human in this episode. Not only do we get into his head a litte, but he turns out to be one of the good guys.

I think Samus is working for Bowser. And in the Subspace emissary, Bowser is one of the characters collecting trophies out of the characters.
Edit: Damn I wanted to quote someone.

Jinksy:

MBurner 93:
So Kirby is the one who killed Daisy, right? Anyways my guess for the butcher would be Samus.
1. Kirbys hint about it being at the begining, and Samus was there from early on.
2. She hangs back before DeDeDe is killed off.
3. She just happens to be working for the penguin suddenly before he is killed
4. All her bounties have dried up. She need money. She may be hired by Bowser or mabye even Gannon to eliminate power figures in the kingdom.
Just my thoughts. Feel free to rip apart.

The problem i'm having with that theory, and just about every theory so far, is why leave nothing but intestines?
I assume it MUST have something to do with making trophies, but I can't imagine Samus doing that.

I think Samus is working for Bowser. And in the Subspace emissary, Bowser is one of the characters collecting trophies out of the characters.

Holy shiiiiiit! :D

Samus is a red herring. The next episode will probably focus on resolving the Kirby arc, putting Mario in a tight spot with Link, creating a divide between Luigi and Samus, and bringing us one step closer to Bowser, who can only be a means to an end, rather than their actual destination. Perhaps he kidnapped the princess to *protect* her? Hmmmm

My bet is on Luigi.

To reiterate:
My theory is still the pokemon trainer, whose innocence clashes with the dark nature of the world.

Motivation: Short-sighted and naive attempt to "fix" the world by ridding it of corruption.

Killings so far are pichu, roy, mewtwo, and Dee. (Correct me if I've missed any)
Pichu killing was likely the result of a falling out with the Trainer over his plan. Roy, as a police officer, might have either figured it out, and likewise been killed or could have attacked the Trainer at the beginning with police brutality, and caused this whole event. The other two murders were intended from the start, and follow the motivation of purification for the city since they were both crime leaders.

Ability to Commit the Crime: Wide arsenal of pokemon grant many abilities. Or another theory; perhaps the Trainer has pokeballs that only absorb a certain amount of matter or mainly only matter from pokemon. This would leave behind intestines/guts that would otherwise go inside. Especially in the case of Dee, where a tremendously large pile of innards remained.

Evidence: Kirby knows the killer.
Corrected Luigi when Luigi said the killer was skilled with a blade.
Mentioned how "close" Luigi was to the killer. The trainer has been nearby Luigi this entire time.
There was never an introduction to the trainer, yet he has been quite active in the plot. Following the "red herring" mentioned by Johnny Mcbadass.
Likewise, Mcbadass mentioned that the Murderer would not be one out in left field; therefore it is not any of the Final boss theories nor assist trophies. Also, the killer has undoubtedly been seen before, since the introduction of the villain this late would destroy the masterpiece of this script.
Aktrez (Actress Playing Samus) mentioned that Samus is one of the few characters with their shit together. Even so, corruption is in her life as well. In fact, even those with their shit together, (Luigi, Link to some extent, etc) all have impurities in their life. The Trainer is innocent to even the most pious jury. An unlikely situation.
Finally, the Trainer's sadness when Samus told him that she didn't think things would ever get better hints further toward his motivation.

While this theory is far fetched, few others now fit the profile.
I would consider Luigi, with multiple personality disorder. I would also consider Mario or Peach, who would have motivation to clean their kingdom.

Grand_Marquis:
Holy shiiiiiit! :D

Samus is a red herring. The next episode will probably focus on resolving the Kirby arc, putting Mario in a tight spot with Link, creating a divide between Luigi and Samus, and bringing us one step closer to Bowser, who can only be a means to an end, rather than their actual destination. Perhaps he kidnapped the princess to *protect* her? Hmmmm

This is basically what I was thinking, though that last part about protecting her I didn't think of.

My guess is its the pokemon trainer. He benefited the most from the deaths (he's now taking care of all the pokemon), he manages to avoid any serious harm, was he ever around when the murders took place?, wasn't he playing with Wuigi (sp?) when the police were called?, he's just way too innocent. Maybe I'll rewatch this weekend; but, right now he's my prime suspect.

I knew captain falcon was over powered

Wow read most and nobody says who i think it is my 2 guesses are 1st peach (who kidnapped herself)is working with samus or with all the girls including zelda who order the raid to get rid of dedede and in order to get back the kingdom that they once knew.2nd luigi has gone insane after daisys death and is killing people unknowingly like kirby did.

also we have 2 more char. yet to be mentioned 1 is bowser for sure but who could be the other? any ideas?

why i think its luigi
1st When kirby said you were with him/her from the start well that start would be birth
2nd When kirby said just how CLOSE you are to the killer
3rd He was around when dedede was killed he also could have killed mewtew and the others
4th Tramatic death of his princess could make him insane and make him have a split personality 1st luige 2nd copy cat butcher
5th Hes going to be the last person everyone suspects
the only thing that i dont know is why kirby says why does he kill and leave the insides unless he's a kirby copy cat
6th he kidnapped peach and made he dress up as daisy or something or it has nothing to do with the butcher
My other theroy is princess peach(could have help)
1st with kirby saying you were with him/her from the start it could mean the start of nintedo which would be peach (could also mean link,zelda,samus,mario,bowser and so on)
2nd When kirby said your so CLOSE it could mean that it was peach seeing he is sleeping with her
3rd WHY to get back the old kingdom where it was so much simpler by getting rid of dedede and mewtew and maybe killing the pokemon was for practice or some other unknown reason
the only hard part about this is that she couldnt walk around doing this cause she got kidnapped so she would have to work with someone maybe samus and/or zelda
THE FINAL theroy would be kirby
1st again he is really "CLOSE" to kirby
2nd like luigi said you were the start
3rd Why did he leave the insides kirby could keep the skin as a trophy
4th How did he get out? MetaKnight let him out in order to kill all the crime bosses and make the kingdom a better place
5th why the pokemon and rookie cop?they were just a little fun he had maybe cause he needed the power that they had?
6th The princess getting kiddnapped was to keep her safe if kirby tried to eat her

i can give a reason for almost anybody but i find it fun and harder to give reason for other people nobody has guessed yet so lets start

Game and Watch
1.he was the start as kirby said
2.close to you he drives the taxi and i guess they could be close
3.he was at dedede bar when it happend but didnt get arrested
4.he take thier skin so he can wear it and be somebody more then just a black thing

Wario
1.close to luigi does deals every week with him
2.start of the show he is the 4th char. we see
3.didnt warrio use to have hats he wore from killing bad guys (its been a while since i played warrio on gameboy)
4.he knew most of the crime bosses maybe he wanted to become the new crime boss
5.I also thinks he uses the Red to help him time in one of the episodes (6 i think) where he is at the garbage and it looks like he has something to hide would also kill pikcu because he didnt agree and roy could have saw him or got in warrio's way

Other ppl who it would be funny if it was them
Toon Link
Navi
Pitt
Charzard
Blue Ice Climber
1 of the Koopa kids (they are pretty insane)
Diddy Kong
Who i think did it?
1.Peach/Zelda
2.Kirby(working with someone)
3.Luigi
4.Game and Watch
5.Warrio/Red(pokemon trainer)

Ness would be a funny killer and go along with the SSB world
Ness is "close to Luigi" on the SSB roster (Directly below)
Ness has been in every SSB game so far, the literal start of the world where all Nintendo characters meet.

I KNOW WHO DID IT ITS 'CAPTAIN N' THE GAME MASTER!

Luigi CANNOT be the killer because of both storyline and real life reason.

Luigi wasn't even in the same room as Dedede when he was murdered - he was watching Mario fight with DK. Unless he has acquired super teleporting powers, it's not him. And, the creators already said it won't be some huge out of left field answer. Quite frankly, the split personality killer has been done to death, and it would come across as a bit of a disappointment. The writers wouldn't go that route.

My guess? PKMN Trainer. He's too innocent, hides the Jigglypuff, has no clear alliances, and is always trying to be the white knight:

a)One big thing people have been overlooking is SQUIRTLE - he was in jail, remember? Now, why in the hell would Squirtle have been in jail if not for doing something evil?

b)Also, we have not seen any of the Pokemon being used for battle. Don't you think the PKMN trainer could have used Charizard or Bulbusaur at some point to help out in certain situations? But he's letting himself be weak. Why?

c)Motives - they storyline has talked about the clashing of worlds, with the Mushroom Kingdom being dominant and Hyrule fallen. So the PKMN Trainer sees an opportunity for the World of Pokemon (Kanto, Johto, etc) to take over. Mewtwo was killed because he is the most powerful Pokemon, and Red could not control him.

d)And my Real Life clue - go check out the official photo gallery at http://www.gregdestefano.com/ Every character has a photo still, but notice anything different about the PKMN Trainer's photo? His backdrop is aqua, while everyone else has a black background. Now, you can argue that the blue background makes for a better photo, but then why didn't the photographer use different colors for any of the other characters? THINK ABOUT IT.

The only reason why I can think of the Trainer not being the killer is a production reason. It would be pretty expensive to film a fight with Pokemon - they would have to be 3D models because using the stuffed toys would not be good enough.

why would pokemon trainer/red take the skin and bones and kidnap peach?what about pikman guy it looks like he is already collecting trophies. He could be working with ganondorf seeing they already know each other.He is getting rid of crime bosses and letting the SUPER mario bros and bowser beat each other then he can swope in and finish whats left.They may also have zelda/shike to help. But ya luigi would be a let down.We also still have 1 more character besides bowser who would that person be.

and where is the cast i found 1 and its nothing like you said
http://therewillbebrawl.com/cast.php

I love this show // People dont come up with stuff like this anymore. . . or even ever! Are we even half way through the story?

-M

tyrkae:
and where is the cast i found 1 and its nothing like you said
http://therewillbebrawl.com/cast.php

Are you talking about what I said with the photo gallery? The gallery is actually on their Facebook page, or you can go to the website of the photographer who did the shoot. Here is the link: http://www.gregdestefano.com/

I'm telling you, it's PKMN Trainer

dolphinsexed:
[Although I kind of wish you hadn't shot down theories by specifically saying who it is NOT going to be. Part of the fun is seeing what crazy theories we come up with, even when we know they are longshots to begin with. Saying that it's going to be someone in the main story (which we already thought was the case anyway), cuts our fun a bit short.

I'd much rather shepherd your theories in a very broad stroke to promote better theorizing and sleuthing than watch so many people chime in with what are basically cop-out answers. I was pretty vocal about it not being the Hands or Tabuu on our site very near the beginning of launch, so this revelation was nothing new.

But the IMPORTANT thing here is that I've put a lot of work into layering this mystery, and it's boring for me to read a bunch of posts about characters I've never even bothered mentioning in the series. You guys need to put more effort into it than that, or I won't have any fun!

johnnymcbadass:

dolphinsexed:
[Although I kind of wish you hadn't shot down theories by specifically saying who it is NOT going to be. Part of the fun is seeing what crazy theories we come up with, even when we know they are longshots to begin with. Saying that it's going to be someone in the main story (which we already thought was the case anyway), cuts our fun a bit short.

I'd much rather shepherd your theories in a very broad stroke to promote better theorizing and sleuthing than watch so many people chime in with what are basically cop-out answers. I was pretty vocal about it not being the Hands or Tabuu on our site very near the beginning of launch, so this revelation was nothing new.

But the IMPORTANT thing here is that I've put a lot of work into layering this mystery, and it's boring for me to read a bunch of posts about characters I've never even bothered mentioning in the series. You guys need to put more effort into it than that, or I won't have any fun!

I can see what you mean. I guess the point I am trying to make is that the more you comment on people's theories, the greater the chance for a slip. Kind of like the way actors slip on script errors after they get asked hundreds of questions over tons of interviews. Or you may give us additional hints that weren't so obvious in videos, which would change things. I didn't discover this series until episode 6, so I didn't exactly dive into all of the forums on escapist or the main site right away.

By the way, I've been re-watching the series and I have to comment on my favorite piece of dialogue you wrote. It's in Episode 2, when Luigi is at Wario's restaurants to deliver the goods. He gives the suitcase to the PKMN Trainer and says, "The world will get you soon enough. No need to hurry it along, eh?" That quote struck me as clever, profound, and full of forshadowing. Putting it into context with the rest of the episodes and my current obsession with PKMN Trainer as the butcher, I am now convinced it was him. And if I wind up being wrong anyway, I just have to say that the line is a great piece of dialogue.

I was thinking Wario (He's been in from the beginning and has gone from dealer to cop, he says how good this is for him) but Metaknight could be it. Zelder has a part to, she and Wario are on the up, follow the money.

I'm fairly certain it's Meta Knight.

1. He's skilled with a blade and the shape of his sword is good for disembowling.
2. We saw in ep. 7 that he can cloak or something like that. Plus he's fast.
3. He is the one who is put in charge of watching over Kirby, therefore he likely knows a good deal about him.

Though I could be wrong.

I agree

dolphinsexed:

johnnymcbadass:

dolphinsexed:

I can see what you mean. I guess the point I am trying to make is that the more you comment on people's theories, the greater the chance for a slip. Kind of like the way actors slip on script errors after they get asked hundreds of questions over tons of interviews. Or you may give us additional hints that weren't so obvious in videos, which would change things. I didn't discover this series until episode 6, so I didn't exactly dive into all of the forums on escapist or the main site right away.

By the way, I've been re-watching the series and I have to comment on my favorite piece of dialogue you wrote. It's in Episode 2, when Luigi is at Wario's restaurants to deliver the goods. He gives the suitcase to the PKMN Trainer and says, "The world will get you soon enough. No need to hurry it along, eh?" That quote struck me as clever, profound, and full of forshadowing. Putting it into context with the rest of the episodes and my current obsession with PKMN Trainer as the butcher, I am now convinced it was him. And if I wind up being wrong anyway, I just have to say that the line is a great piece of dialogue.

and ya i see that now the only thing would be his is last guy on it maybe they changed what it looks like but ya the aqua background has got to mean somthing could mean he is the killer or has something to do with it but for sure pokemon trainer/red has more secrets.The only thing i dont understand is why does he need the skeleton and skin he could be working with pikman guy it looks like he collects "tropies" i think i will also rewatch and ya when hes taking out the trash he does have a jiggly puff in his back pack and is startled when luigi comes and talks to him
I really want to see the killer be Game and Watch that be funny
Also who are the last 2 actors 1 is bowser and who could be the last any guesses?maybe the girl pokemon trainer? not going to be a puppet cause then the guy who does kirby/metaknight would do it

tyrkae:
I KNOW WHO DID IT ITS 'CAPTAIN N' THE GAME MASTER!

+a billion for reference, and he can control they're world, he's got the controller

Ha. Captain Falcon!

so its 2nd friday in every month so thats a little over a week away sweet and who are the remaining cast members bowser and who? i hope its 'CAPTAIN N' THE GAME MASTER!

*cry* why did capt have to be so gaaaay........
and dun be silly. Ness is the butcher. plus they thought it was bowser to begin with, didn't they? Its-a always bowser.

eyedonutkair:
*cry* why did capt have to be so gaaaay........
and dun be silly. Ness is the butcher. plus they thought it was bowser to begin with, didn't they? Its-a always bowser.

they say its always a bowser not a always silly and it wont be ness or lucas its gotta be 1 of the main 10 or so char link.mario bros smaus, kirby,pokemon trainer,and so on

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here