Reliable Source: Failure, Confusion And Death

Reliable Source: Failure, Confusion And Death

On Reliable Source: Failure, Confusion, and Death

Read Full Article

Well, at least you couldn't ask for more noble and dignified last words.

Now That is smart thinking.
Too bad I have other things to do...

Yea this one is bang on the money. I especially liked the Xbox bit, cause it's true you know. Turning one on may lead to irreparable damage.

TUrning your XBox on can void the warranty?!

Now I know why there was no Super Virtual Boy or Virtual boy advance. Seriously though, who doesn't enjoy a bunch of red lines on a black background?

And now its time to go twitter about the fuzz i just found in my navel...people wanna know

Hmmmmm...HDTV movie check, PS3 on check, 6 IM conversations, no Eve on-line I'm afraid, but at least now we've pinpointed exactly what killed him. Eve on-line.

"When we remove the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable..."

I'm not even going to attempt to attribute that, I might start a fight.

What did you have for lunch? More drinks I hope.
Also... where were the boobs this issue? I need more of those if this series is going to stay close to my breast... I mean heart. Close to my heart.

Fightgarr:
What did you have for lunch? More drinks I hope.

Belgium waffles of course.

Huh. I thought for sure Kotick served Cthulu.

So the xbox is so delacite that you can't even turn it on, wow thats so fucking lazy of microsoft, ah well, im off to play my ported copy of Team Fortress 2 on my working PS3.

Whew, and I thought my PS3 warranty stipulations were harsh! I sure am glad I never turn it on, it might break the hardware. :p

"That explains it," said a senior editor at Reliable Source, who, completely tired of demonically possessed CEOs making huge generalizations just to milk their tenuous celebrity status, had a really good lunch followed by a couple drinks with a friend and didn't think about Bobby Kotick for a week.

I think the spirit of Douglas Addams is alive and well, and probably ordering another lunch.

seth abel rocks. I love these.

This had more LOL per sentence than anything I read this week. Great job! (1UP sound from Super Mario Brothers)

Here's an added bonus for this weekend's Reliable source:

This was good work, but I have to say, the xbox-is-fragile-and-breaks-easily-jokes(long one eh?) are getting pretty boring.

dragonblade629:
Turning your XBox on can void the warranty?!

Yup. That'll learn ya fer not reading the fine print...

The_root_of_all_evil:

"That explains it," said a senior editor at Reliable Source, who, completely tired of demonically possessed CEOs making huge generalizations just to milk their tenuous celebrity status, had a really good lunch followed by a couple drinks with a friend and didn't think about Bobby Kotick for a week.

I think the spirit of Douglas Addams is alive and well, and probably ordering another lunch.

Hear, hear!

Well, at least we know the world is still fraught with weirdness

Wow, that sucks balls about the wolfenstein team. They really got the sack the release date?

Connecting to the internet or playing games can cause defects. I know it seems like common sense but even turning it on may damage the machine irreparably. If you do, you are taking a very serious risk with this highly sensitive equipment and may be voiding the warranty.

Okay apart from making me burst out laughing soo hard I now have a headache, I can soo see MS saying that one day. Right now they are just using the old "your machine had been tampered with, our proof is that when we ripped it open, the little stickers were ripped letting us know someone had ripped it open" but one day they will get sick of that and will steal your idea. Make sure you copyright it now and never give bill gates a job. >.>

BehattedWanderer:
Wow, that sucks balls about the wolfenstein team. They really got the sack the release date?

Yep, the multiplayer team was sacked on release date. You can read the full article here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.131788

I don't necessarily thing it's wrong to lay off a team that's done its job. I expect they knew it was coming, but it seems like bad timing to do it on launch day.

Avykins:

Connecting to the internet or playing games can cause defects. I know it seems like common sense but even turning it on may damage the machine irreparably. If you do, you are taking a very serious risk with this highly sensitive equipment and may be voiding the warranty.

Okay apart from making me burst out laughing soo hard I now have a headache, I can soo see MS saying that one day. Right now they are just using the old "your machine had been tampered with, our proof is that when we ripped it open, the little stickers were ripped letting us know someone had ripped it open" but one day they will get sick of that and will steal your idea. Make sure you copyright it now and never give bill gates a job. >.>

They already tried to blame surge protectors, which I think is where the idea here came from.

Next they will say we are pressing the power button wrong.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here