Zero Punctuation: 2.5D Hoedown

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

2.5D Hoedown

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews 'Splosion Man and Trine.

Watch Video

Wow, this is a great video, I lol'd, the title was a bit confusing though, I like the videos when Yahtzee reviews Xbox live arcade games, the bit when he was talking about the character of splosion man was funny, i never thought of it that way

Doesn't Splosian man have avatar unlockabales?

I now want the wizard in Trine to look like the one in this video :)

LordCuthberton:

I beat the game with all achievements, and I still don't have no avatar unlockables.

You can have half a dimension >.>

Man I loved The Lost Vikings.

I played Splosion Man, and he's right, it does lose ideas after a while that the game is just annoying. And I'm not sure here, did he or did he not like Trine?

Both games seem rather uninspiring. I'd rather just sit in the closet and fart all day, maybe read a few books at the same time. How's that for multitasking TRINE?!

Has trine actually been released yet over psn? or did yahtzee get a 'pre release copy'? or somthing...

anyhow personally i dont see the resemblance between portal and 'splosion man, just because they're set in futuristic labs, but hey, your call

A good one this week.

Yay! It's Splosion Man time! Great review, Yahtzee.

Brilliant episode, but here's a good question:

If this episode was dedicated to 2.5D games for the XBLA...where in the world is Shadow Complex? I thought that one was actually a lot better than these two.

Sounds like something I'd get into if I had surplus money that I wasn't saving up for other games. (Am I ironic or just obsessed?)

So dimensions can be cut into half now can it. Whats 3.5D going to be like?

Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off but mainly as I only buy classic games I miss a lot. Like Sonic 2.

yay for splosion man, kind of like portal, but lamer. haha.
although i may have to give trine a shot.. hmm. good review.

Wait, 'Splosion man takes place in a lab and there's cake and music at the end.

I smell a copier.

The Trine review was hilarious.
The wizard seems to be hacks. I'm gonna have to try it out. How long was the gameplay?
"The internet has clearly desensitized you to retarded sexualization."

T-Bone24:

LordCuthberton:

I beat the game with all achievements, and I still don't have no avatar unlockables.

you have to beat 10 levels without stopping

1.40-2.00 - absolutely hilarious.

I was thinking of buying 'splosion man and probally will, long live 2-D gaming

rofl, i love wednesdays!!!! thanks Yahtzee!!!!

gritty and brutal as usual, thanks for perking up my Wednesday just before work! ^.^

Dam, for a second then I thought is was the contest winner... wonder if that will ever happen? Good to see another set of downloadable games up for review.

Anyway I got Splosion Man and I really like the game but when you're playing online with others, sometimes it's hard to get good flow since they could always be terrible.

Haven't played Trine but it looked interesting from the Game Trailers video review. Didn't know it was on PSN, oh well.

EDIT: Wow, 14 posts and right after clicking POST I'm 29 haha! Everyone always wants to get on the front page!

Now I wanna go play portal for the umpteen-bazillionth time.

Trine was good fun, for a while, until it started pissing me off,
the ending was cute however.
As for 'Splosion Man I wouldn't know.

What's the game he's waiting for during Ex-Mass?

Awesome, he mentioned N+. Though, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that game by now.

Also, thieves who wear bright clothes are the least likely to get caught. They're so bright they blind their would-be captors.

What, 2.5D hoedown without Shadow Complex?

The archievement for getting all cakes in Splosionman is called "not a reference to Portal" so that was clearly intended as a joke.

Revelo:
Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off

It's not really like Portal, it's mostly about tricky platforming sequences where you chain insane amounts of walljumps, barreljumps (explode in front of a barrel and you get thrown over a wide distance) and whatnot together in the hope of not falling into the next instadeath trap.

To be fair, most of the puzzles in Trine were designed to be solved by any of the three classes, which is brilliant on the part of the level designer, but it just makes the game a joke for the player since they almost always choose the easiest way out.

I extremely want to play Trine, as it sounds quite awesome.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here