Zero Punctuation: 2.5D Hoedown

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Splosion Man is a very good game. It is not even similar to Portal at all.

I know why the theif is wearing bright white!

Let's say you're fighting two people, an armoured warrior with a sword and sheild and a person wearing white pants and a white tunic who otherwise appears unarmed. You have to turn your back on one of them. You're probably not going to turn your back on the armoured warrior with the pointy stick, so you fight him. All of a sudden, you get a backstab in the kidneys because you didn't think that bright white fellow was a rogue/theif at first glance. Looks can be decieving!

Trine was a fun game and it has some replay value, that said I had to go to easy mode for the final level which still annoys me. I just wasn't good enough I guess, but the story is sweet in a simple sort of way.

Can't wait until he reviews Batman, BTW. Just finished it. Great game with tons of varying gameplay and awesome story/voice acting. Only problem that I had with it is how short it is, which I imagine will be Yahtzee's chief complaint as well. Scarecrow FTW.

Revelo:
So dimensions can be cut into half now can it. Whats 3.5D going to be like?

Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off but mainly as I only buy classic games I miss a lot. Like Sonic 2.

How could it be 3.5 it would have half of the 4th dimension but there is no such thing as 4th dimension

Frankvz:

Revelo:

Still, I doubt I would buy Xplosion Man anyway, if not because it sounds like a cheap portal knock off but mainly as I only buy classic games I miss a lot. Like Sonic 2.

How could it be 3.5 it would have half of the 4th dimension but there is no such thing as 4th dimension

Um, i was only being half serious...

What the buttfuck, Yahtzee's prominently featured my avatar.
Either he's got a fancy for me, or Google's just not doing its job anymore.

Stepping out of the limelight, "'Splosion Man" sounds like a quaint little idea, but the gimmick of having to explode to accomplish anything in a confined environment sounds tiresome...like electricity in inFamous.
Also, trying to emulate the success of Portal in the "indie" market ain't a crime, but when you so desperately overdo it, it's just pitiable.

Trine I've got more interest in.
The tinkling magical atmosphere and the physics-based gameplay (killing enemies by dropping boxes on them sounds fun) just seem so appealing.

Hahaaha. Love ZP

thank you for telling me how to complete trine. ha, wizard all the way. oh and great review, as usual.

Trine demo was fun, but not $30 fun.

Frankvz:

Revelo:

yes you can have 4 dimensions and more. this link to a site call new scientist should stop the Confusion: http://www.newscientist.com/special/beyond-space-and-time

This is complete and utter bullshit; that is to say the way that his fanboyish led Yahtzee to say that 'Splosion Man was ripping off Portal because it was set in a LABORATORY. I mean yeah, the cake hidden thing on each level.. but jesus, that's not trademarked by Portal in any sort of way. Also the way he ignored the fact that it's stated that you used to be a scientist to make a joke

Eh, this is as weak as his gripes with Ghostbusters.

Actually, you can have half a dimension, e.g. the Cantor set or Sierpinski Gasket

Yes, you can't have half a dimension. You and I both know that, but try convincing everyone else that.

i really liked splosion man i thought it was amusing silly just long enough if u include the 50 different multiplayer levels as well twisted pixel look like they are doing well with SPM and the maw sept the maw should have been much longer splosion man i think was perfect

i am enjoying Trine, although i question the energy system and the physics also can be annoying, it is pleasing and its wierd how i feel like the vary last level is a big spike in difficulty, i really look forward to playing Trine on the hardest setting

We (mathematicians) have been playing with fractional dimensions for 90 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausdorff_dimension

Cash in internet culture... check!

The people who made this clearly did not know internet humor is only funny on the internets (hee hee!)

awesome review as always. Trine's pretty good if you're into that sort of theme/game.

Frankvz:

Revelo:

yes there is, the 4th dimension is the concept of time.

LordCuthberton:
Doesn't Splosian man have avatar unlockabales?

yeah, if you break a window you unlock a t shirt for your avatar

I think it's a pretty cool feature

Yahtzee, i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but, do you like Steam? It has lots of indie games and such so i was just wondering.

Just LOVE! that intro music. And another great video from the best game critic ever :D

you bought a game from the xboxlive arcade... you fucking failed

spleenboy:
You can have half a dimension >.>

Wow, you must be a genius, you managed to come up with that all by yourself? Did you hear how he explained the 2.5D games? It's a game where you got 3D rendered backgrounds, with 2D controls. It's not a correct term if you want to be a bitch about it, but game developers use it, not only Yatzee. It's a term that's been around for a long time, and if you haven't caught up with it maybe you should think it through before whining about it at a place where the term is explained perfectly.

Frankvz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2aCVlnLow

Anyway, whats keeping todays video? I'm bored and I could use a dose off Yahtzeecism.

So I noticed that the knight was actually the main character for 300. He tends to spartan kick a lot of enemies o.O

When the fuck is Trine out on the PSN? I'm sick of waiting for it.

Frankvz:

Revelo:

No such thing as the 4th dimension? Since when?

The ending was epic.

runtheplacered:

Frankvz:

Revelo:

No such thing as the 4th dimension? Since when?

Haha, i will not fall for such charlatanry, fools. Everyone knows there are FIVE dimensions :)

Also, I was going to get Trine but abstained when I saw the atrocious price.

for anyone interested voxels is an early 90s method of showing 3D terrain, 2D things are a grid of squares shaded in pixels, voxels are that in a cube of volume pixels = voxels with unused ones being made transparent. Also seen in Comanche a helicopter sim

paste:
Actually, you can have half a dimension, e.g. the Cantor set or Sierpinski Gasket

I have failed to EVER hear anything about a Sierpinski Gasket being partially dimensional. And relating to another post buried in here. I have also failed to meet a scientist whom believes that times is considered a partial dimension either; the only thing I've ever heard is that time is 4th dimensional. http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php. This explains it better than I could.

I am both intrigued and perplexed by the notion of partial dimension (not the video). However, I don't entirely see how it corresponds to the coordinate-definition of dimensions I've gotten so used to with elementary vectors. Having half a coordinate seems a bit like dividing a quantum. But I guess it adherres to some extened definition.

The Video: Though in an other area I complent you on once again succeeding in spreading your own terminology.

Fr331anc3r:

paste:

I have failed to EVER hear anything about a Sierpinski Gasket being partially dimensional. And relating to another post buried in here. I have also failed to meet a scientist whom believes that times is considered a partial dimension either; the only thing I've ever heard is that time is 4th dimensional. http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php. This explains it better than I could.

Then you have failed to read much about the Sierpinski Gasket. Check wikipedia, or if you actually want to learn about it, read Chaos and Fractals by Peitgen et al.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)