Rebecca Mayes Muses: Wolverine: Uncaged

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Wolverine: Uncaged

Everyone's favorite invulnerable killing machine makes the scene in Rebecca Mayes latest song.

Watch Video

Ok scary, the outfit with the glasses makes you look exactly like an ex girlfriend of mine...mmm blondes...sorry ive gone off track a bit there. Better song than last time, short and sweet.

Loved it, best one so far IMO.

I was beginning to think there wasnt going to be any more videos.
Yeah I liked this.
Always nice to have something new to listen to on a friday afternoon :)

Plus I love her and will get working on a mind control device to make her my girlfriend :)

Great song! I liked the little "RAWR" moment at 1:22, made me laugh. :D Also, the idea of having a photo album type thing was very creative.

All in all, very good. ^_^

First one I've watched, now I'll have to watch the rest. Enjoyed it.

not only was the music excellent but this was a great video by it self.
Kind of short, but making it longer would have probably made it worse.

I hope to see more videos like this in the future

(i still think the first two were the best but in this video i enjoyed the music more then in any other of Rebecca's videos)

excellent work, keep it up!

Ah, much better than the last one! Even though I still dislike this type of music I always end up watching the entire thing.

The chorus was catchy and everything seemed to fit. Good stuff. Keep it up.

When will you change the way you make the chorus?

you're no
you're no
you're no

Spiderman.

sit down
sit down
sit down
on the couch

It can get repetitive after 4 songs.

comet5002:
Great song! I liked the little "RAWR" moment at 1:22, made me laugh. :D Also, the idea of having a photo album type thing was very creative.

All in all, very good. ^_^

I think it was meant to be a comic? Because Wolverine is a Marvel Super"hero"? :)

Still, I liked it, but I have to point out that having the following lyrics;

You get quite repetitive
Sit Down(x5)

Is aaaaaasking to be torn apart :)

Abedeus:

you're no
you're no
you're no

Spiderman.

sit down
sit down
sit down
on the couch

Yeah, I enjoyed the irony after hearing 'you get quite repetitive' line, just as I was thinking about how the songs sound pretty similar :P

The most "polished" song to date, the lyrics weren't fantastic but still fairly decent. The music just seemed complete.

Also I couldn't resist "I'll show you my rage anyday" yes it was immature and childish but it was just asking to be said.

JaneDoe:

Abedeus:

you're no
you're no
you're no

Spiderman.

sit down
sit down
sit down
on the couch

Yeah, I enjoyed the irony after hearing 'you get quite repetitive' line, just as I was thinking about how the songs sound pretty similar :P

Yeah, my first thought was 'wait, didn't i hear that already?'

This is my favorite song of yours yet. They are getting better and better each time in my opinion.

Probably my least favorite song so far, and the video was a little too "hokey" for my tastes, but it is a nice review of the game. Definitely don't plan on picking it up.

Keep 'em coming!

Loved the insertion of the X-Men theme music near the end.

I liked the song, even if the first time I heart the chorus I was suprised that not only lyrics is similar to other chorus but also clapping and rythm.

I was wondering if there were a scene when Wolverine sits down so you could use it at least once instead of this "cosplaying". The costume itself was very poorly made (especially comparing to the spiderman one). I know now that spoons as blades were a joke as I found that only at the end of video but untill then I was disturbed by the unrealistic look of the blades.
The whole cute goffiness disapeared the moment you put a second person into it. This reacting of wolverine's attacks was off since he still does it better even if it's repetive - better movement plus a little special effect like speeding it up with some light or smudge effect after the arm would be awesome.

Overally, I enjoyed it and I'm waiting for improvment because it's always possible as nobody is perfect.

I keep coming back to these videos. I think they're a neat idea.

"The last thing you want to be accused of, is being repetitive..." Irony, oh delicious irony...

RMM is a classic example of good idea, shit execution. The sad thing is, this could be fixed if she wasn't set for a video every week. Don't do as many videos, work on lyrics that aren't just copies of the previous lines. Also, try to add variation to the voice, listening to the same, dull high pitched whine is very dull, and is as repetitive as the lyrics.

My favorite Rebecca Mayes Muses yet!

JaneDoe:

Abedeus:

you're no
you're no
you're no

Spiderman.

sit down
sit down
sit down
on the couch

You spotted that too then?

Oh and was that guy using reverse spoons for claws?!?

Quite enjoyable! Although I liked the last song more, this one's video I liked better. Keep it up!

This video braught an interesting question to my mind. How sanitary are wolverine's claws? When not in use they are floating arround in his fore arms no doubt exposed to what ever germs and bacteria are native to Wolverine's system. When in use he is usualy putting them through badguys or other not sterile objects. While wolverine's mutant healing will keep him safe from sickness and infection, would the rest of us be so keen on eating what ever he was stiring in the mixing bow?

This no longer a situation of "you don't know where that has been," we know where that has been and we don't want it comming anywhere near our food.

Great video by the way. I apreciate Ms Mayes quirky take on video game material, like Wolverines' need for mental help.

This week!
Gaming music get's to an all-time low with even more repetitive new age crap.

It just keeps getting worse!

slipknot4:
This week!

Lemme guess, if a metal band did it, you'd like it more...

Slipknot != Rebecca Mayes

Kuliani:

No Kuliani, I'd like it more if an artist with actual talent did this... On the other hand, a metal gaming some would not be that bad... Rogues do it from behind! \m/ //_0 \m/

I like this one. very good.

Wait did you tell Wolverine to unleash his rage. That's terrible advice, especially from someone dressed as a therapist.

But seriously, really fun video, loved the butter knives as claws, and always love those songs.

One thing: Please don't go willy-nilly on changing the aspect ratios. It gets annoying (at least for me :P)

I spent a good 15 minutes installing my new speakers just so I could listen to your video. It was worth it.

slipknot4:

Kuliani:

No Kuliani, I'd like it more if an artist with actual talent did this... On the other hand, a metal gaming some would not be that bad... Rogues do it from behind! \m/ //_0 \m/

Why bother posting if you don't like it? Just don't watch it.

You have quite your own sound to your music. Thats a good thing. Not to my taste though, but originality is allways a plus in this mainstream-addicted world of ours.

Again, for some reason, I can find myself listening to the song again and again. I didn't quite like the video, but the songs just keep getting better.

slipknot4:
This week!

If you don't enjoy it, why do you keep watching it?

Susan Arendt:

If you don't enjoy it, why do you keep watching it?

Perhaps she will for no reason get some talent and make a good song?

Edit: Why does all the moderators reply on my muses posts?!

Song was pleasant to listen to, but it does sound a little similar to your other stuff. Enjoyed it, though, and I'm still somewhat impressed by all those instruments you're playing.

hamster mk 4:
This video braught an interesting question to my mind. How sanitary are wolverine's claws? When not in use they are floating arround in his fore arms no doubt exposed to what ever germs and bacteria are native to Wolverine's system. When in use he is usualy putting them through badguys or other not sterile objects. While wolverine's mutant healing will keep him safe from sickness and infection, would the rest of us be so keen on eating what ever he was stiring in the mixing bow?

This no longer a situation of "you don't know where that has been," we know where that has been and we don't want it comming anywhere near our food.

Interesting question, but probably a moot point. He only really used them to fight, so even if they are covered in germs, I don't think getting an infection is what you have to worry about.

On the other hand, I do still wonder about the essential point. Does Wolverine's mutant healing extend to destroying the bacteria themselves, or does his power simply keep him from experiencing the symptoms?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here