Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

The final installment of Metal Gear August introduces a device of literary proportions.

Watch Video

"Would this be an innapropriate time to cop a feel...?"

hideo kojima really did not want you to ruin his movie by playing the game. i mean seriously

"Make like everyone's bowels... and evacuate."

I wish I had a cape

How many cutscenes are in this game again? I mean, Christ.

"Pretty soon someones going to realise the punch was non alcoholic and they'll all be really embarrased..."

Nice.

And so ends a chapter in Unskipable's history. We bid farewell to the Solid Snake movie and move on to actual cutscenes.

"Brother in Arms" and CSI reference:)

Hilarious! Loved the fate = destiny part!

Hideo Kojima: Master of Boring-Ass Cutscenes That Choke Up More Than Half The Game.

PLEASE let next week be a different game.

Honestly why does Kojima bother making the games when he just wants to direct movies. Just call it a movie and not ruin it with actual gameplay.

Plus you have to hit three buttons to fire your gun!

spoiler warning : snake gets up and then other stuff happens.

great one, i was shocked that all you have showed us was nothing more than 1/15 (if that was one third of act one out of 5 it must have been 1/15 YAY simple math) but it made for a great month, maybe you could dedicate 2010 to show us all the cut scenes?

but then again if you wish to keep the job you probably shouldn't

Rigs83:
Honestly why does Kojima bother making the games when he just wants to direct movies.

Because it would be a fucking BORING movie?

i still think that the best part in the game is the loading screens between acts. for those of you who DON'T know, it's just Snake...smoking. And it has fancy hints about what you should do with your time, "maybe you should go outside", but if you wait long enough, it just start spewing out random facts about smoking. I'm not sure if what Hideo did there was incredibly dull, or genius...

Rawr rawr this game has long cutscenes it must be bad.

Yeah, you guys were definitely running out of material for this part. Not that I could blame you; you've made a lot of jokes for cutscenes where almost nothing actually happens.

It was a great run, good job. On to the next game!

Deathkingo:
i still think that the best part in the game is the loading screens between acts. for those of you who DON'T know, it's just Snake...smoking. And it has fancy hints about what you should do with your time, "maybe you should go outside", but if you wait long enough, it just start spewing out random facts about smoking. I'm not sure if what Hideo did there was incredibly dull, or genius...

Genius, definitely...

They'll probably make a special edition of it sometime like MGS3 Subsistence which actually incorporates the game in movie form...

This was the best of the four Unskippable episodes about Metal Gear Solid 4 this month. "He just got a leg cramp; and he just got an asthma attack..."

Nice use of a thesaurus there.

What is the difference between fate and destiny? I don't really care but I expect that a long essay by a Kojima fan is incoming or has already been posted on some forum somewhere.

Give. Me. Back. My. Furby.
too bad that's the last one you're doing.

maddawg IAJI:
And so ends a chapter in Unskipable's history. We bid farewell to the Solid Snake movie and move on to actual cutscenes.

...Till next August :(

Rigs83:

No you bloody well don't! It's L1 to aim, R1 to fire. Triangle, when pressed, not held, takes you into first person mode, which isn't actually necessary

"Refreshing, don't you think?"

No!

T-Bone24:
"Make like everyone's bowels... and evacuate."

I am definitely going to try and use that line at least once per day.

The CSI Miami reference made that so much more amazing!

LeeshaJoy:

Rigs83:
Honestly why does Kojima bother making the games when he just wants to direct movies.

Because it would be a fucking BORING movie?

Call it arthouse or English Patient 2 and he would get a an Oscar. Movies don't have to be exciting or even watchable look at all the crap Hollywood comes out with. Games on the other hand require some interactivity which Kojima has forgotten.

Those were some interesting cutscenes. At first I was thinking you would show the most important ones but you guys went with 1/3 of the first act. Looking forward to the next games cutscene.

"Look snake is on the ground for some reason ... probably broke a hip"

Snake: "I finally know what mable ment when she said all senior citizens should have life alert." -or- "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

"Hideo Kojima; Master Wordsmith"

Pure genius.

The best one I've seen this month, though I am glad we'll be seeing a new game next week.

Wow, can't believe it's the end of metal gear solid month already. Anyone else feeling a mixture of excitement and disgust of next years? With so many cut scenes, not to mention four games, I don't think this will ever end, just stop for 11 months.

Desert Tiger:
Rawr rawr this game has long cutscenes it must be bad.

I don't think that's what people are getting at, but when a game has a cutscene to gameplay ratio of about 1:1 (guessing from what other people have told me, I have yet to play it myself), something has definitely gone awry in their game design process.

Redingold:

Rigs83:

No you bloody well don't! It's L1 to aim, R1 to fire. Triangle, when pressed, not held, takes you into first person mode, which isn't actually necessary

Yahtzeee lied!!!!

P.S.
You still are hitting three button because holding L1 sends you into aim mode but you have to wiggle the stick, also known as L3 (or was it R3 I haven't played it for a while) to actually aim and then R1 to fire. It's not difficult but feels too much like Resident Evil to me.

Rigs83:

Redingold:

Rigs83:

Yahtzeee lied!!!!

P.S.
You still are hitting three button because holding L1 sends you into aim mode but you have to wiggle the stick, also known as L3 (or was it R3 I haven't played it for a while) to actually aim and then R1 to fire. It's not difficult but feels too much like Resident Evil to me.

Since when was an analogue stick a button? Nobody complains that you have to press three "buttons" to aim down the sights in a COD game, so why bitch about it in MGS4?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here