Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 5

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

AvsJoe:

Treblaine:

AvsJoe:
These 5 videos have effectively prevented me from ever playing that game. Ever. Thank you guys for saving me from that um... game? movie?

Don't let it put you off MGS3 at least, it has lot of cutscenes but no where near as long and much more entertaining too, not to mention the gameplay is way more original while MGS4's boss fight are derivative and overall very meh, MGS3 has some of the most epic boss fights in recent gaming history.

I haven't played 3 yet. I loved the first two but I was told by a couple of my friends to skip 3, that it wasn't as good. If it really is good, I'll pick it up when I get my PS2 back.

I suggest you get the special version MGS3: Subsistence, it has been significantly upgraded with a fully 3D camera since the most frequent criticism I heard of the regular MGS3 release was the mostly fixed camera that was often not all that suited in the Jungle environment.

You should check out some of the speed runs too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKV9ONpDgw4&feature=related

Looking at this, I really start to consider if I might like MGS3 more than MGS1, thematically they are most similar but MGS3 is just epic.

Redingold:
Does everybody realise that there is in fact a reasonable amount of gameplay time in this game? Not to mention lots of replay value, if you want to get all the special items and weapons.

I know man, and the fact that, preferably after you play it through the first time to understand everything, you can skip all the cutscenes. Anyway, awsome vids, loved all of them. I really loved Paul's thing in the episode before about Shadow moses and Meryl working out in her underware. "That was cool"

Treblaine:

AvsJoe:
These 5 videos have effectively prevented me from ever playing that game. Ever. Thank you guys for saving me from that um... game? movie?

Don't let it put you off MGS3 at least, it has lot of cutscenes but no where near as long and much more entertaining too, not to mention the gameplay is way more original while MGS4's boss fight are derivative and overall very meh, MGS3 has some of the most epic boss fights in recent gaming history.

MGS3 was pretty good. The Camaflouge system, the boss battles, the fun scene in Grozny Grad with EVA. Definatly worth a playthrough. Two was kinda meh, mainly cause of Raiden walking around half-naked for some reason >_>. MGS1 was awsome.

Well done, gentlemen.

I will be at PAX, but I may be too exhausted by Sunday to attend. We shall see.

"Brothers in arms", nice one :D

When watching some of MSG4 videos on YouTube, I was just shocked at the amount of people praising them. Kojima has a serious following giving him money for not playing.

I actually felt embarassed watching those. Ridiculous dialogue, bad timing, it just plain sucks. Badly.

And you can see that Kojima takes his writing seriously, because the supposedly funny parts of the cutscenes don't overlap at all with the supposedly serious parts. Nothing blends there.

I am actually cheering for him to go try to make a movie with that writing of his, just so I can watch the general public and critics ignore/pan him.

On a side note, I do indeed enjoy the series. And plan to give a go of this installment, with the proper skipping of cutscenes.

Thank you guys for showing the ridiculousness of what Kojima thinks it's cool. Or not, maybe he knows he doesn't have to write anything remotely good anymore, because a lot of people will buy into it.

Ok, I'm gonna go have lunch now, grumble, grumble...

innapropriate time to cop a feel. rofl.

Metal Gear August went by do fast

ZehGeek:

Treblaine:

Two was kinda meh, mainly cause of Raiden walking around half-naked for some reason >_>.

I love all 4 of them. Raiden was not half-naked he was fully naked and use his hands to cover up his Penis.

I liked what you did with this. I'm quite fond of MGS, though I am also ready for new games monday.

Also, to all the people that were put off by the cutscenes...don't be. The game is alot of fun and there's a fair amount of replay value. The boss fights are intuitive and each act is different from the other. It's alot more fun then watching some of the more boring cutscenes would show.

Thank God it's Over

No Offence But These Last Few Episodes Were Boring As Hell

Vohn_exel:
Also, to all the people that were put off by the cutscenes...don't be. The game is alot of fun and there's a fair amount of replay value. The boss fights are intuitive and each act is different from the other. It's alot more fun then watching some of the more boring cutscenes would show.

Can you blaim people for being put off by them?

MGS cutscenes over the years have turned into everlasting bastard childs of bad screenwriting and the only reason Kojima's talent as a whole isn't questionable is because his game designer's abilities are usually inversally proportional to his writing skills.

No I don't blame them, but I'd hope that they could look past those parts and enjoy the parts they actually play. There might be alot of people in the world that hate Dante's devil may care (pun intended) attitude. Yet, they might find they love the gameplay. I'd hate to think that someone didn't enjoy a great game just because they hate the cutscenes.

Vohn_exel:
I'd hate to think that someone didn't enjoy a great game just because they hate the cutscenes.

I actually get where you're coming from, but that's still a great reason to not enjoy a game.

Especially if it's unskippable or something unfortunately crucial to gameplay, like some important information you can only now through those. Which I hope it's not the case with MSG4, because then I will definitely not play it.

Anyway, the only good reason to stop playing a game is if you got something more important to do outside of it. To start a game and not play it is something extremely counter-intuitive, if not flatout illogical.

I can remember having a few games that had parts that I didn't like, such as that Jet Li game here you just waggled the right stick to play...and there was something in it that was different from that and I didn't like it, but the rest of the game was passable. I guess I've always been the sort to trudge through the grime to reach the little shiny diamonds:P

Gwa, wish I could make it to PAX, You guys are awesome.

MGS is ok...

So, uh, how did this game get a 9/10 again?

Favorite part of this ep was when you had to pull out the thesaurus for: "If you want to escape your fate, you must fulfill your destiny."
As soon as she said it, I was in a state of WTFness.

at 3:11 i was reminded of Dungeon Keeper 1 with that stock scream effect from the Torture Chamber.................good times. In fact, they should do the riffing of the 2 games intros for great justice!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here