The Escapist Show: Episode 44: Star Trek Phaser Project

Pages PREV 1 2

midnightalone:
So many kids are goin to do something stupid with this is not even funny
-M

One would hope that if they're clever enough to do it and make it work (even the tiniest mistake renders the phaser virtually harmless), one would hope they're clever enough not to do anything stupid with it.

umm not to be a party pooper or nothing but KipKay sorta made this like a year or more ago..
and his actually burns stuff =(

phoenix352:
umm not to be a party pooper or nothing but KipKay sorta made this like a year or more ago..
and his actually burns stuff =(

He's in the credits for his original concepts that led to this design. (Blu-Ray Phaser, Cheapie Laser Lighter) However, his phaser actually doesn't burn anything, though he has successfully burnt stuff with his other laser-based projects.

In the video, I use this phrasing several times: "like / unlike other designs on the internet." It is meant to illustrate that there are indeed similarities, but also key differences and improvements to the KipKay phaser design.

k-ossuburb:
I wonder if I could use this concept to make a cigarette lighter.

You could, and in fact, KipKay has done it. You probably shouldn't though, since you'd be pointing a high-powered laser dangerously close to your eyes and face. Totally not worth the risk.

First the wrist-mounted flame-throwers, now this. The Geek shall inherit the earth, probably by horrific, gruesome means.

Susan Arendt:

midnightalone:
So many kids are goin to do something stupid with this is not even funny
-M

One would hope that if they're clever enough to do it and make it work (even the tiniest mistake renders the phaser virtually harmless), one would hope they're clever enough not to do anything stupid with it.

Been smart enough to put this together correctly and been clever enough not to do something stupid with it afterwards are not always the same thing // But you do make a good point and only time willtell

-M

dogstile:
aww damn, i'm already making wrist mounted flamethrowers, so i can't do this

YOU'RE MAKING WHAT?

daheikmeister:

dogstile:
aww damn, i'm already making wrist mounted flamethrowers, so i can't do this

YOU'RE MAKING WHAT?

I wanted to be able to legitimately shout flame on.

I burnt my hand, worst idea ever.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or