Review: Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?

Review: Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?

The only thing more confusing than its title is its gameplay.

Read Full Article

Hmmm.... sounds pretty good. I've not seen it on the PSN Store yet, I'll keep an eye out though, I'll have to give the demo a go.

Looks similar to tower defence games, how does it compare?

This is the hardest game ive played in awhile in compare to tower defense its somewhat the same just harder and bigger and you cant pick the units you grow them and only hope you get the one you want in time.

hypothetical fact:
Looks similar to tower defence games, how does it compare?

While it could be considered loosely related, it's not really a good comparison. It's closer to games that pre-date the tower defense "genre" - like Dungeon Keeper or Evil Genius. Merge that with Life and you might get the idea.

My main problem with the game is that because of the pace it runs at, it's brutally difficult to maintain control and plan out creature development, and at a certain point you end up just randomly digging tunnels because you don't have time to do anything else. Longer breaks before the attacks, and a generally slower game speed (or the ability to configure that on the fly) would have made the game a lot more conducive to strategy, and I think I'd like it more.

Definitely not a tower defense, Virgil is right when he mentions Dungeon Keeper but this is harder.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here