Reliable Source: The Bible, Reality and Snipers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reliable Source: The Bible, Reality and Snipers

Tim Langdell to appear on Dancing with the Stars?

Read Full Article

Is it wrong that I really, really want to play that Bible game now?

Another brilliant issue. Sadly, i know a few people who would actually think a guy in power armor with a sniper prop is an actual terrorist if they saw him.

Mezzamine:

You're not the only one.

Mezzamine:

You're most certainly not alone.

The 'Vatican Priest Pitches Religious MMO' feature is pure genius.

Like all the best comedy, this is funny because it is so close to some peoples version of reality.

Can I join an overseas correspondence course for that fictional firearms degree?

Mezzamine:

You're not alone. Is that a serious idea?

"By coincidence, a degree in Fictional Firearms is being offered by the University of Washington next semester."

Do want

lostclause:

Mezzamine:

It was a serious idea proposed by an Eastern Orthodox priest. But his version of a religious MMOPRG was boring and seemed to be propaganda where praying more equaled power.

Emphraim:

lostclause:

Mezzamine:

It was a serious idea proposed by an Eastern Orthodox priest. But his version of a religious MMOPRG was boring and seemed to be propaganda where praying more equaled power.

Wow, extreme version of grind. Press A to kneel. B to pray. Hold X to continue doing so for hours on end.
I wonder if anyone would actually do that. A religiously themed mmo could be fun, something along the lines of Hellblazer or something. Then again, that's probably not what the priest wants.

lostclause:

Hold X to continue doing so for hours on end.

Or in the spirit of Yahtzee, "Press X not to sin."

wilsonscrazybed:

lostclause:

Hold X to continue doing so for hours on end.

Or in the spirit of Yahtzee, "Press X not to sin."

Put it on a t-shirt, we'll split the royalties.
Anyway, this sounds like something marketed to puritans, something which allows them to play games but not have any fun.

When he explained the Bible game I thought sure won't hurt anybody, then he mentioned stoning homosexuals.

So the people who live next to Bungie Studios don't know a thing about Halo, how Ironic.

Why did I not foresee Sarah Palin's involvement with The Tester? She's obviously crazy enough.

I want to learn origami now.

Funny and informative issue, as always.

I just want whatever you were drinking when you came up with the Japanese island of Sudokuo. Madder than a bottle of chips.

Loved the article about the origami, truly amazing stuff. Looking forward to the next instalment in Reliable Source! Does Reliable Source come out on a weekly basis on a certain day(s), or is it just when the writer feels like it? If so, when? I want to know when to mark my calender.

While only speculations have been made, sources say that Langdell may copyrighting the colours themselves. He reportedly stated "Purple is everyone's favorite flavor anyway, so I feel this is a good step." While no one exactly know what he was talking about it is believed that he intends to sue small independent dance troupes for looking at the colour purple.

The xbox one sounds like the TREY banter with their Xbox 720.

a MMO game based of the bible would be awesome

"press X not to sin"

lol at what happen to the sniper guy

a reality tv show based around testing games could be awesome

The guy wasn't really wearing power armour while he carried the prop gun, but it's funnier this way.

Also the person phoned in saying they saw a man carrying an AK-47.

Because that's obviously the same as a Halo sniper rifle. Exactly, the same. Yes...

Emphraim:
Another brilliant issue. Sadly, i know a few people who would actually think a guy in power armor with a sniper prop is an actual terrorist if they saw him.

Mezzamine:

You're not the only one.

this is my fathers house!!!
(special screen) Charging Punishment Rage.
this would be awesome.

Is that Sarah Palin at page 2?

Phyroxis:
Why did I not foresee Sarah Palin's involvement with The Tester? She's obviously crazy enough.

I dont want her flying my plane, she doesn't know how to use the rudder pedals.

Mezzamine:

Truth be told I'm wondering why this isnt out already? If we get to choose a bible character I have dibs on Samson! [like you didnt see that one coming!]

Gerazzi:
I want to learn origami now.

Funny and informative issue, as always.

I seem to recall paper has a limit on the number of times it can be folded. But a sword that can give paper cuts...ubernasty!

Great issue, give us MOAR!

Press X not to sin...priceless. heh heh heh

Syntax Error:
Is that Sarah Palin at page 2?

yes, she's guest starring on that sony t.v show about video game testing ( i know you can read, i just felt like putting that down for some reason.).

sounds thrilling huh?

The_root_of_all_evil:
I just want whatever you were drinking when you came up with the Japanese island of Sudokuo. Madder than a bottle of chips.

Half a choc-chip biscuit says it was red wine.

Incidentally Wilson, congratulations. I almost fell out of my chair laughing with the Bible feature. Hearty applause to you.

Yes, well, um.

I live in Washington, and our course guides aren't THAT wacky, you know. You're just jealous of Seattle's coffee, I say, wot wot! *adjusts monocle*

*EDIT* Added "Wot wot"

Supreme Unleaded:
So the people who live next to Bungie Studios don't know a thing about Halo, how Ironic.

Please, for the love of God tell me that you are joking.

lostclause:

Mezzamine:

Well it was reported on here a few days ago.

Sections 2, 4 and 5 were my favourites.

samsonguy920:

I seem to recall paper has a limit on the number of times it can be folded.

I'm pretty sure that's just an A4 sheet of paper, which can only be folded in half about 6-7 times.

http://www.intnewsbureau.com/the-incredible-art-of-origami/comment-page-1/

I'm not sure if these were done with one piece of paper, but I suppose a big enough and thin enough piece of paper can be folded enough times to make pretty much anything you want.

Andronicus:

samsonguy920:

I seem to recall paper has a limit on the number of times it can be folded.

I'm pretty sure that's just an A4 sheet of paper, which can only be folded in half about 6-7 times.

http://www.intnewsbureau.com/the-incredible-art-of-origami/comment-page-1/

I'm not sure if these were done with one piece of paper, but I suppose a big enough and thin enough piece of paper can be folded enough times to make pretty much anything you want.

Funnily enough this came up yesterday:

The myth is that any piece of paper can only be folded in half 7 times. Mythbusters got to 11 but used a steamroller on some of the later ones. Allegedly if you fold it in half 50 times it will reach the moon, but 11 is the maximum physical reached at the moment, and that's with a piece of paper the size of a football field, an army of volunteers and some heavy duty machinery.

I know more than one person who is wanting that degree.

Ridonculous_Ninja:
The guy wasn't really wearing power armour while he carried the prop gun, but it's funnier this way.

Also the person phoned in saying they saw a man carrying an AK-47.

Because that's obviously the same as a Halo sniper rifle. Exactly, the same. Yes...

Wait, it actually happened?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or