Unskippable: Red Faction: Guerilla

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

lol very nice :p

pew pew pew I got you
nu uh I got you first
no you didn't

*laughs* I love that! I gotta find a way to use that line now.

Not your best, but still great. I loved (though expected) the "Stop... hammer time" joke. Excellent timing with it.

Can't wait until next week's! :D

Wilhelm on Mars, nice!

I love this game, but I couldn't take the opening cutscene seriously the first time I saw it...so cliche and cheesy! So bad that I was calling lines of dialogue before they were spoken.

a great way to perk up a monday afternoon.... thanks guys....

From what I know about Volition, the 'Stop... Hammertime!' joke was indeed said in their headquarters much more often than they would dare to admit.

Ahaha, "Did I leave the oven on?"

Another great episode.

Is it just me, or did those "stormtroopers" seem like their helmets had mustaches on them?

This game was awful. I'd sell it, but I can't find anyone who'll buy it. I can't even trade it in >.>

The Olive Garden bit was hilarious :D

Nice Kojima joke. You had to nag a bit on him for making you waste an entire month on his game, eh?

I lol'd

I guess I'm the only one not drinking the unskippable kool-aid. There are the occasional funny lines, but the large majority sounded forced and were... pretty lame. I'll admit that I don't watch regularly, but what I have seen hasn't exactly been stellar. Maybe this was just a bad episode and I should check out the others?

i don

mjhhiv:
I guess I'm the only one not drinking the unskippable kool-aid. There are the occasional funny lines, but the large majority sounded forced and were... pretty lame. I'll admit that I don't watch regularly, but what I have seen hasn't exactly been stellar. Maybe this was just a bad episode and I should check out the others?

i dont drink unskippable kool-aid and i still find it freakin comedy gold

...i do drink grape kool-aid though

...maybe thats your problem?

Was so waiting for the hammertime joke. XD

You still can't let Kojima slide can you haha!

Another good one, a staple of this site.

"Now I know this looks bad but he may just be faking it for attention, let me try something: OH I GUESS DANIEL IS DEAD, I'LL JUST GO HOME. *DO PE DO* ...oh."

Lvl 64 Klutz:
"We all suffer acute pangophobia"
"Pango is latin for hammer!"
xD

Am I really the only person who knows that phobias are Greek?

EDIT: A stab in the face for the first person to say "it's only a joke".

That was excellent. I didnt watch the metal gear solid ones bar the first ones, so its good to see unskipable again.

Really great and really quotable episode, and one of the best post-credit jokes. (The last text line after the credits)

I just couldn't stop laughing at the elephant disposal force joke... Then "what are we going to do with all the elephants?"

Zamn:

Lvl 64 Klutz:
xD

Nope, you're not, but thankfully 'pango' isn't latin for hammer (malleus) either, so I can only assume it's greek.

Yaaaaaaaay Latin.

Zamn:

Lvl 64 Klutz:
xD

Details, details. It was Paul's delivery that made it funny, anyway.

EDIT: According to Google, pango is latin for *to* hammer, so yeah they were a little off on that one, too.

man I wish he said bonk every time he hit some one with a hammer that would be much better then saying hammer time over and over and over and...

Pew pew pew XD Noooooooooooooooo!

I was expecting something about Metal Gear and I've got Kojima's writing improvment suggestion - nicly done XD
Funny that a cutscene written so badly can be topped - by e.g. Kojima's XD

Actually his name is Hugo Davies...sorry, coundn't resist correcting you :P

Not the best episode but it had it's moments. I wonder what they would do to Gears of Wars?

Elephant Disposal Force, a very efficient unit. Did you see any elephants? No! Well there you go.
And I hate that nagging feeling when I go to recruit new guerillas that I may have left the oven on. Going to burn the cookies for the next guerilla planning session.

And truth be told, I can see beret-shaped helmets. I swear Malcolm's in UT3 was metal.

"You know, ever since the Death Star was destroyed, it's hard for Stormtroopers to find work. It's great that the EDF is taking pity on them and giving them jobs."

Can't go wrong with a Stormtooper joke. But I'm glad that you guys moved on from MGS4. It was funny at first, but those cutscenes really didn't lend themselves to humor too well. This, on the other hand did.

I also liked the "Gorilla/Guerilla" gag at the beginning.

Proof that this is my favorite series on the Escapist.
"Fun ride?"
"The plane or the stewardess?" That killed me.
The references to Lethal Weapon 2 and the "Hammer Time" joke were great too.

Also, the reference to the Star Ocean video at the end was great.

"We're under Marshall Law! Marshall McLuhan law, it's a global village out there!!"

I laughed out loud, in real life. (lolnrl?) I sure hope I'm not the only person to watch this video and get that joke! Maybe if I show it to my fellow telecommunication majors...

Animal_Mother:
yay, no more MGS

I second that emotion.

Woodsey:
"Did I leave the oven on?!"

Haha, was really good this week.

kozmo:
I don't want to be to negative, but what happened to the unsuitable videos? they used to be so good. Now only once in a while there is a really good episode and than there are episodes rated from bad to okay.

Maybe it is just me, but I did not laugh even once from this video

and I am sorry if this comment is to negative

Well everyone else was watching Unskippable...

*High fives*

This game made MGS look like hamlet. Very fractured cutscenes, boring gameplay, intense firefights ruined by limited ammo versus limitless enemies, non-guirella gameplay, and it gets an extra ticket for violation of the ordinance 3 of paragraph 5 of the "Tall Destroyable things" regulation which states, and I quote "Any game with large destroyable thingsm ust make the most dramatic and amazing use of them or forfeit their right to claim such in advertising". So.. .you're coming with me "Miner"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here