Review: Return to Mysterious Island 2

Review: Return to Mysterious Island 2

Old-school adventure gaming, Jules Verne, and a monkey. Lots of monkeys, actually.

Read Full Article

Actually, there is a demo. It can be found here: http://www.mysteriousislandgame.com/2/en/demo.html

Other than, thanks for an interesting review. Hadn't heard of this series before, and it looks promising.

Oh, excellent! Thanks for the info. I'd looked for it and just couldn't find it -- clearly I was having a small brain day. I'll update the review accordingly.

Sounds pretty fun. I'm downloading the demo as we speak.
Well, type. You know what I mean.

Is the framerate really as slow as it seems in the video? Looks kinda annoying to play to be honest...

headshotcatcher:
Is the framerate really as slow as it seems in the video? Looks kinda annoying to play to be honest...

Though the game isn't without its glitches, the chugginess of the video is in part the result of the computer I was playing on, and in part the application I was using to record said video.

I love how you guys review games that most people wouldn't usually hear about.

It surprises me that you haven't reviewed Trine yet. I know Ben did, but that hardly counts.

Ack.... why didn't Susan get the Arkham Asylum review? A damned shame.

...Did that monkey have a rifle?

I think I remember the original. Playing it on my cousin's PS1 back when I was in primary school.. god that takes me back.

This game certainly looks interesting. I enjoy using my brains to get through a game rather than picking up the nearest gun and shooting through it. But I have a question. When the volcano goes 'Splode! what happens to the native wildlife, specifically the monkeys? If you don't get to rescue them as well I'll be deeply saddened. Which is funny because on the flip side I enjoy hearing that you can drown Jeb...

I can vouch for the first one and I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games.

A few recommendations would be The secret of monkey island (the re-mastered version on live or pc that let's you play the original and updated visions), Runaway, Syberia (More 1 then the overly short 2), Broken Sword 1-2 (3's ok, but loses a little charm in it's 3d iteration), Tunguska Secret files (although it has some seriously odd /tough puzzles at times, so a Walk-thorough is a must).

Leroy Frederick:
I can vouch for the first one and I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games.

A few recommendations would be The secret of monkey island (the re-mastered version on live or pc that let's you play the original and updated visions), Runaway, Syberia (More 1 then the overly short 2), Broken Sword 1-2 (3's ok, but loses a little charm in it's 3d iteration), Tunguska Secret files (although it has some seriously odd /tough puzzles at times, so a Walk-thorough is a must).

The first Syberia is a must-play for adventure fans. Absolutely wonderful game, that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here