Apocalypse Lane: Episode 16: Kazoo Cat

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Raregolddragon:
So it was Obmama that started a nuclear war and here I thought it would be the Chinese.

What makes you say that? I don't remember seeing anything that suggested he started the war (all we really seem to know about him, barring the fact that his rubber duck wants an affair with him, is that he needs the NES who controls the Gamerz to control what's left of the USA).

sweet.

Anyone else notice that the Gamerz leader was offended by one of Cuddles names for Steve had Michel Jackson in it? Then after that the leader said it was too soon but Cuddles said he died a long time ago. But Obama is still the president, how far from now is this set it? I really don't care though, just felt like mentioning it.

One more thing, I think Frank makes more money off looting robber corpses then the actual store, selling gas and food seem like more of an expense then a profit it a post-apocalyptic world.

scarab7:
Anyone else notice that the Gamerz leader was offended by one of Cuddles names for Steve had Michel Jackson in it? Then after that the leader said it was too soon but Cuddles said he died a long time ago. But Obama is still the president, how far from now is this set it? I really don't care though, just felt like mentioning it.

One more thing, I think Frank makes more money off looting robber corpses then the actual store, selling gas and food seem like more of an expense then a profit it a post-apocalyptic world.

I assumed it was around 2019 based on Obama only looking around 10 years older combined with Cuddles not looking that ancient (he may have got a lifespan boost, though). Also, the Gamerz leader initially thought it was a joke about a neighbour of his who was a pedophile due to mishearing "Jackson" as Johnson (he was offended by the idea of a child molestation joke but he didn't seem to realise that was the whole point of the "little boy blue" joke).

Regarding Frank's income, Big Pete's funeral and the fact that a Saltine Cracker is seen as worth betting when playing Poker suggests that food is hard to come by. Based on this, you could be right considering how producing and transporting food to the petrol station would be expensive (it wouldn't be too bad if it was next to a really busy road or a decent-sized settlement, and the "busy road" scenario is probably more likely due to the number of bandits who tried robbing the shop).
On the other hand, the type of food which Frank stocks would be relevant regarding profit margins; Gulliver appeared to expect chocolate bars and Pop Tarts, which would probably be more expensive to make, while offering greater profits if people can afford them, then more utilitarian food items such as rice, peas or dried meat. If those sort of "luxuary" food items are common, it would imply that transportation is easier then it would initially appear to be in AL's world.

I've been trying to like this show, quite hard in fact.

It's just... it's too cliche'd.

The jokes are all at the very least vaguely familiar and have for the most part been done better. There are occasional moments of originality such as the bit about the aisles, or times when a joke is done really well (the vulture originally intending to kill everyone in the place).

But pretty much everything else, the rubber ducky bit (done more times than I can count with George Bush), the ending (A rugged character talking about his/her dark past and twisted future, before making an aside about something mundane and out of character), is just too overused for me to swallow. I'll keep checking back in but so far what I have seen has not really impressed me.

yeliw:
I've been trying to like this show, quite hard in fact.

It's just... it's too cliche'd.

The jokes are all at the very least vaguely familiar and have for the most part been done better. There are occasional moments of originality such as the bit about the aisles, or times when a joke is done really well (the vulture originally intending to kill everyone in the place).

But pretty much everything else, the rubber ducky bit (done more times than I can count with George Bush), the ending (A rugged character talking about his/her dark past and twisted future, before making an aside about something mundane and out of character), is just too overused for me to swallow. I'll keep checking back in but so far what I have seen has not really impressed me.

We are just trying to make people laugh. If you've watched the whole series so far, the next few episodes should impress you. There is a much bigger story going on if you'll let yourself see it.

Just thinking; is it just me or is Willy's cat "joke" from Friendly Neighbourhood Cat ironic when you consider how Cuddles ended up shooting 3 humans with a shotgun in the last episode? :P (I'm not sure whether the joke was foreshadowing or not.)

There are few web shows that i believe would make a great DVD, but this is at the top of my list. This is one of those shows that i would buy for my friends, or have people over and watch the whole thing in one sitting. Here is hoping that after all is said and done, that a DVD, with play all could possibly be made. Great work as always guys.

I'm sorry, but does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode were Nightfight is ridding the bike?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here