Stolen Pixels #126: To the Bat-Shrink!

Stolen Pixels #126: To the Bat-Shrink!

Batman lies on the shrink's couch and divulges his innermost fears...and desires.

Read Full Article

it was about time... (just kidding)

Hump if you can't jump.

i've said it for years that batman needs therapy....

OMG,Batman is gay! Or at best,bisexual! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Woem:
Hump if you can't jump.

Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee. Hee.

not up the usual standards, it was pretty unfunny and the batman being gay for robin kinda lost its appeal around kindergarten, it was almost embarrassing to watch someone bomb that hard.

Holy psychoanylist, Batman!

Well if nothing else your through with things you stand for, like with the edge guy. I like the point you made but it wasn't that funny this week

Finally, I get a chance to use...

Batman is gay for Robin joke, yawn.

swaki:
not up the usual standards, it was pretty unfunny and the batman being gay for robin kinda lost its appeal around kindergarten, it was almost embarrassing to watch someone bomb that hard.

You know, I'm always mixing things up. I try different styles and different formats and generally avoid getting into a rut. Some jokes work for some people, some for others. Not every joke is going to work for every reader.

It's inevitable some of the jokes will miss for you. You don't need to pout.

Interesting take on Batman's copy-protection. I like it!

Was the psychiatrist a character from anything in particular, or just a random character model?

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Was the psychiatrist a character from anything in particular, or just a random character model?

Just a random Half-Life 2 character who looked suitable.

Ah, the Bat-Shrink! Arch enemy of the Bat-Pole!

MY EYES! MY HEART! MY SANITY!

Despite all the things you just robbed from me, I'd have to say this is one of the more morbidly funny things I've ever seen...

In the same way that the stalkers from HL2ep1 were some of the most morbidly awesome things ever.

...And again with the screaming.

lol...Cheap boys can't jump XD

lol! Good one.
Batman always puzzled me. After his parents got killed, he grown up with Alfred being a multi billionaire and when he's finally adult... he dress like THAT to fight the crime. Just wtf.
But we wouldn't have any games of him. I can forgive him for that. :p

Shamus Young:

swaki:

You know, I'm always mixing things up. I try different styles and different formats and generally avoid getting into a rut. Some jokes work for some people, some for others. Not every joke is going to work for every reader.

It's inevitable some of the jokes will miss for you. You don't need to pout.

not being a crybaby, just think that most of the dialog lacks wit, which is rare for you, the only other comic i didn't really like was the fallout one, and that was most likely because i couldn't relate to it as i loved the game, and i just found the batman is hawt for robin joke has been used out, it's a cliché if you will, and i expected better from a professional writer.

the fag-batman joke is more a reference to the fact that bruce does have some remorse for pulling all 3 robins into the job, even if they wanted to, and that any text relating to this regret can be read in 2 ways.

its funny, but only for a while

also, where is that batman model from, its really low quality for the scenes

This looked hard to do. What was that, Sims 3 background, Half Life 2 Psychiatrist and Batman?

You know who would have made a great Psychiatrist though? Judith Mossman.

The game has already been cracked with those issues, like every other type of DRM created. While it was clever, it would never last for long.

Chipperz:

HAHA yes the best comic panel ever, instant classic.

To be honest game developers really need more ideas like this, I can think of plenty off the top of my head, and the publicity that pirates get isn't helping at all

every1 that dresses up like a bat need therapy... if it isn't halloween ofc.

Woem:
Hump if you can't jump.

And yet Movie Bob thinks its crazy when people draw the conclusion Batman and Robin have a 'thing'.

Chipperz:

Oh sweet jesus, thats brilliant!

LOL its not the DRM..

That would have made a great DRM though, 'Batman&Robin Arkham ASSylum'.

well i found that funny. if you ask me any guy who feels the need to dress up in tights probably has a few gender issues. i want to see a superhero in a suit. and a cape. and a fedora.

It was mostly a hit, but that last pannel was a miss. I enjoy gay jokes, but everyone knows that Robin is the gay one, not Batman. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27775/941902-batman35611hv4_super.jpg Hehehe >:D

Batman Arkham Asylum wasnt the first to use the fuck you crooks copy protection: The Sims 2 did that so you cant build anything

This is an utterly terrible idea.

1. DRM is problematic because it often fails on a legit copy (especially on older games). So those legit users are gonna end up with a game that doesn't work right.
2. The game will get a name for being buggy, having bad controls, etc. and thus nobody will buy it.
3. Many people pirate as a form of demo (especially when a demo is not available), those people will not buy it after seeing how much the game "sucks".
4. Pirates will still get around it. Take mass effect, it delayed pirates a whopping 2 weeks by doing exactly that (the map required to progress to "act 2" so to speak did not work on pirated versions).

if you want to make people buy your game instead of pirating it, guilt trip them into it. (and disassociate yourself from the abusive DRMs).

You know what this type of DRM means? it means legit customers are gonna have to overcome those issues by getting a crack
PS and the whole "crackers don't care and don't notice" angle is BS... crackers LOVE to show up each other by making "PROPER" releases that fix something another cracker missed

PPS just wait until you get the next version of windows and you can't progress past the first 10 minutes of the game on your legit disk because the DRM isn't compatible with your current OS.

heh, I remember hearing about that and smiling a self satisified grin as I jumped and glided gracefully across the eery vista that is Arkham Asylum.
Anyone actually read the graphic novel the game is loosely based on? It's called Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth.
Not for the faint-hearted or those wanting a full night's sleep afterwards.
It's very heavy on the psycho-analysis thing, but sometimes I find that it jars unmercifully with the character of Batman. It works really well if you focus on the asylum itself, rather than on the interpretation of Batman.

And I love that game more than I could ever love a woman :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here