Escape to the Movies: Jennifer's Body

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

So what, you do not like megan fox. I don't care. Just don't devote a full episode ranting on her perfect body and her lack of talen instead of revewing the movie

creatiwe:
seriously. where would the world be if nerds didn't get dumped by hot women in high school

Without Josh Wheedon for a start. YOu make your own mind up on that one.

I'm glad that Bob's reviewed this as there was an off-chance I would have gone to see this as a dare. No chance now, I think I'll go for Sorority Row, and I already know how shit that one is.

Artheval_Pe:
For me, it was an average movie. Other than that, I guess it depends on how much you care about the details of the story or just the overall experience, and what "bad" is for you (I can be tolerant at times).

Actually, that was kind of my point. The Island through all its plot holes and stupidity, at least manages to be coherent, placing it above a significant portion of other Michael Bay movies. One of the problems with the Island is that it is utterly forgettable, ironically because it isn't bad enough.

That made being insulted by it that much easier, it isn't bad enough for other problems to overcome it, and it isn't good enough to be forgivable.

Megan fox is not hot. She looks like an expensive overused hooker.

Anyways, thanks for the review.

moviebob i understand that the cavalcade of shitty movies this year has been hard... it's been hard for all of us. and i understand that over the last 5 or six years the cavalcade of wonderful comic book ideas turned into movies has been like watching a beautiful creative flower get hit by a cruise missle. i get that. because i am one of those people that read comics books when i was ten. i watched GI joe and tranformers cartoons. No i did not like tranformers and i especially didn't like tranformers two... except where optimus goes whoopass on the decepticons for about half a minute, granted the constant switches to shia lebouf were annoying and so was his little girl screaming. and meagan fox only compounded problems that movie already had.

but to shit on her acting when the only thing she's been in is two micheal bay movies and a crappy slasher horror flick. for any actor and or actress to really bloom is to have a decent movie. would this movie have been any better if any other teen actress had played it? no it wouldn't have been better because putting meagan fox aside that movie had problems that were beyond help many of which you pointed out. if she had been silk spectre 2 in watchmen would that movie have been any worse? no because that movie had other thing working for it besdies the actors.

she's only been a bit part player for most of her young career with the exceptions of ocean ave. and how to lose friends and alienate people. and imdb the director of that movie. look at what she has done. the answer is nothing. she directed one movie she wrote aeon flux which sucked, one episode of the L word and jennifer's body. can you blame meagan fox for not being good in a movie when it is being directed by either someoen who hasn't directed anything or micheal bay? ask anybody remotely related to movies and they will tell you that if the acting is bad it's one part the actor and two parts the director.

all i'm saying is did you pick this movie over taking woodstock becasue you wanted to shit on meagan fox for being part of the slaughter of tranformers or did you actually think something good was going to come out of this movie?

Don't hold back, Bob. Tell us what you really think. haha. I agree about Megan Fox. Hot people in Hollywood are a dime a dozen, and I hope she's saving her money for when someone younger and hotter comes along (also known as 2010). Just ask Jessica Alba...

I'm glad MovieBob is of a like mind that Megan Fox is overrated. Seriously, she's sleazy-stripper hot, sure, but in no way does that equate to beautiful or memorable.....or talented.

Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman.....THOSE women are hot, memorable, talented AND beautiful.

Also, Diablo Cody was a stripper? huh, never knew that. Weird.

Oh yeah, and what the hell Bob, Mallrats was great. It's one of Kevein Smith's better movies.

wow what a perfect description of Diablo Cody and Kevin Smith

Yeowtch, Bob just totally hit the nail on the head with that one. As Demon Hunter's song "Sixteen" is playing in my head right now I'm waiting to see if Lilith the Queen comes to take Megan Fox away after her Sixteenth bloody minute of fame. Because, you know, eye candy women are all Succubi and servants of Lucifer (who is also a chick by the way)

I'm going to get called out on this but I'm just being facetious.

Hey Bob, I agree with you (like 90% of everyone else here). Just been wondering though, what do you think of Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day? It's apparently coming out on Oct. 30, '09. Love to hear you're opinion on it when it comes around.

PS: I'm a big fan of The Game Overthinker vids you've been doing. I've been watching since you did episode 2!

Kstreitenfeld:

SilverUchiha:
Jesus Christ, stop bashing Transformers so much. We get it, you didn't like those films. Quite a few people (myself included) actually enjoyed them.

He made ONE comment about her in Transformers. ONE comment. Why are you getting so bent out of shape about it?

I agree, maybe not Bob, but alot of reveiwers would stray way back to transformers. also, you shouldnt take offense if you like a bad movie I for one love biodome and it sucked about as hard as a movie can suck. I know that people talk about transformers now, but that's just because it's the most recent Bay movie, time will pass and people will stop talking about it. Transformers dosnt need defending just time

Artheval_Pe:

Tesla, Edison, Einstein

I don't know about Edison and Tesla, but for the record, Einstein was married way before he published any of his major theories.

Okay guys, it was just prodding at a stereotype, let's not go on a history lesson and stay on topic.

Jennifer's body. Trailer was bad. Movie was bad. Megan Fox needs to continue wearing a bag on her head(google it). Enjoyed the video for it's entertainment value, but feel slightly empty at the end of the video since I knew I wouldn't see the garbage movie anyways.

Mr. Shoggoth:
Agree with everything except "90's horror sucked".
What about Silence of the Lambs and Seven, eh?

I think he's making the (common) mistake of counting the cutesy/hip/ironic slasher films that dominated the genre for the last half of the decade as the only thing happening during the entire decade. While it's undeniable that the horror bubble of the 80's burst in 88/89 and the 90's were much leaner in terms of output, there were still lots of interesting horror movies released during that time (and even a few bona fide masterpieces). And while the sequels have aged terribly, I must wholeheartedly disagree with Bob about the first Scream. It holds up magnificently.

Randy "the Ram" Robinson is truly a great American!

Haha good times. Regardless I will NOT be seeing this for obvious reason's already outlined in this review.

Kenjitsuka:
Megan Fox... *throws up in mouth*

I'll watch this eventually, hoping it's so bad it becomes a joke in itself from which I can get some cheap laughs.

BOB: please get a different microphone, I always have a hard time to understand what you're saying. :(

kinda like twilight with me and my friends, when the sparkling scene showed up we had to pause the movie cause we nearly pissed ourselves laughing

I for one would like to protest the various insults made on this thread. Inanimate objects like bricks and rusty door-hinges are incredibly important. They've helped (literally) build society, and to compare them to Megan Fox's "acting" in any way is the worst sort of libel.

I could have sworn a lot of you guys were talking about how awesome Megan Fox was less than a month ago.

Anyways, this movie most have some pretty shitty advertising. I first heard about this movie while playing Guild Wars, and I hadn't heard anything else about it up until now.

I love the one little video tag that simply states, "awful".

SilverUchiha:
Jesus Christ, stop bashing Transformers so much. We get it, you didn't like those films. Quite a few people (myself included) actually enjoyed them.

An enjoyable film is not the same thing as a good film. Bob is bashing them because he's a critic and that's what the Escapist is paying him to do. I'm of the opinion that it's a passable summer flick about giant intelligent robots beating each other up. I'm not in the habit of feeding trolls, but here's a biscuit for you: if you have a different opinion, post it somewhere that isn't an internet forum where you can take refuge in your anonymity.

I expected Jennifer's Body to suck, more for the other reasons Bob mentioned than Megan Fox, and he's not off-target on that, either.

I think she's got the look to be hot/sexy, not to be "dreamy". Dreamy goes toward the inner feelings of each individual as to what they pine for and what they desperately need in their lives. It's understandable why so many don't think of her as the top of the top.

Also, I never noticed that she was a bad actress because I WAS TOO BUSY LOOKING AT

Scream was, is and will always be totally awesome (and not scarry at all, but who gives a shit about that).

About everything else I totally agree.

The_root_of_all_evil:

creatiwe:
seriously. where would the world be if nerds didn't get dumped by hot women in high school

Without Josh Wheedon for a start. YOu make your own mind up on that one.

I'm glad that Bob's reviewed this as there was an off-chance I would have gone to see this as a dare. No chance now, I think I'll go for Sorority Row, and I already know how shit that one is.

Sorority Row looked good, though :[
Oh well, I didn't want to see Jennifer's Body (Heh, I wouldn't mind exploring it, gnomesayin?), seeing as how Megan Fox can stretch her mouth as wide as a three dollar hooker, I was rather freaked out by that, and intimidated, too. Looks like I'll go see 9 :D

Kuliani:
I think she's got the look to be hot/sexy, not to be "dreamy". Dreamy goes toward the inner feelings of each individual as to what they pine for and what they desperately need in their lives. It's understandable why so many don't think of her as the top of the top.

Also, I never noticed that she was a bad actress because I WAS TOO BUSY LOOKING AT

Where do you want your free internets delivered sir?

Xocrates:
I tremble to imagine what would happen if Bay wrote his own movies.

They'd be AWESOME.

By which I mean 2 hours of the word "awesome" on screen in a red, white, and blue font, surrounded by constant explosions.

Actually, fuck...that sounds pretty awesome. I'd probably see it.

I know everyone else here said it, but thank you for the Megan Fox rant. Really, she's about as hot as a crapload of other actresses/people you probably see in public, and she really is horribly overhyped.

And good review, though I don't think most intelligent people were expecting the movie to be good in the first place.

Edit:

Lightbunny:

Xocrates:
I tremble to imagine what would happen if Bay wrote his own movies.

They'd be AWESOME.

By which I mean 2 hours of the word "awesome" on screen in a red, white, and blue font, surrounded by constant explosions.

Actually, fuck...that sounds pretty awesome. I'd probably see it.

BlueInkAlchemist:
I'm of the opinion that it's a passable summer flick about giant intelligent robots beating each other up.

That's what most of us wanted to see. What we got was a Dawson's Creek remake with some blurry metal stuff bookended by Fox T&A.

Surprisingly a very similar case in the 80's where it was Samantha...

So, instead of actually giving some actual insight into why the movie sucked, you thought that the time would be better spent ranting about how lame Megan Fox is (like we don't know?) for two whole minutes and populating the other two minutes with some vague, unimaginative whining, a snarky Twilight aside and a brief history of Kevin Smith's career path, rather possibly summing up your conflicted feelings on Megan Fox in one sentence and then moving on to the actual review?

Okay. It's your series, man.

Uncompetative:

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

i can't see how anybody could expect for this to be a good film.
the only people who are going to go see this are the morons who saw transformers, thought it was great, and spent the last 3 years rubbing it out to this picture.

Megan Fox is just a quick way of making money out of people who think she's hot.
And sadly that seems to be a lot of people. I mean, come on guys! MovieBob said it better than I could ever say it, it's nothing I've never seen before.

Oh Bob I knew you wouldn't let me down and say it was good and would see it for what it is, a shitty movie that is based on fox being hot and even then no matter how hot when you are that dumb/bad at acting it still won't be worth seeing.

On a side note when I went to see inglorious basterds today the marquee at the theatre had Jenns body right neat to cloudy with a chance of meatballs so it read Jenns body meatballs and I at least got a cheap laugh from it so I guess this movie was good for something.

Nimbus:
Is it just me or are MovieBob videos terribly compressed?

Yeah, I get that too. At times the video becomes pretty pixely, and I can barely see what the image/video is.

Maybe MovieBob needs to get a better video editor?

Agrred. Except the 90's suck, Nirvana, Radiohead I don't think so! At least there were some great bands, unlike the 80's.

love the epic facepalm

I think moviebob could well be a woman.
He doesn't seem to be at all 'masculine' (quote, unquote).

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here