Escape to the Movies: Jennifer's Body

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

SlasherX:
why is it that when i say megan fox isnt like the hottest thing ever im called a fag..... I mean jesus there are so many hotter girls

Meh, when ever people tell me what I think of her I say I'm thrown off by her giant toe thumbs, trust me works like a charm, and didn't like her well before I noticed those features of hers.

Truth is now every time I see her I have to see her thumbs just so I can say "eww gross," she is just so bland and uninteresting to me that that's the only way I can amuse myself while she's on screen...lol

Was this a crtique of a film or a bashing of Megan Fox, and every hot actress in Hollywood? Seriously, what do you think the movie was going to be about other than a long TNA segment? You think films like "Coyote Ugly" and "Bring It" were watched for their writing? FUCK NO!!

People (especially younger people or people who still THINK their young) go see movies like this because of clevage and ass shots. Besides the biggest role Megan Fox had before Transformers was a cameo on "Two and a Half Men" so can you blame her for trying another movie-thats-only-good-to-watch-with-earplugs (get it?). I think Megan Fox is sexy.

And for fucks sake can you shut up already about Transformers?! We all get you hate them as well as Michael Bay with a passion. I hate when my shirts bet faded in the wash but you see me bitch about every chance I get. Let it go.

why don't you review something like a comedy or documentary, like the informant or the invention of lying (ricky Gervais is Hilarious) you know something other than horror or action for once?

Gxas:

Irridium:
I think that was Transformers 2.

Funny, I actually enjoyed that movie. Too bad I haven't bought into the bandwagon of hating it like everyone else.

seriously tried to like it.

It was about an hour too long.

And that's not a "I had to pee, let it be over" opinion

that's a "there is at least an hour worth of shit that doesn't need to be in this movie" opinion.

I have no real issue with Michael Bay, honestly. My real issue with Transformers 2 is whoever edited that piece of crap. If it was mostly Michael Bay, then I'll concede, but any half decent editor has to have the balls to say "No, that will make the movie far too long and far too stupid." at some point.

Nimbus:
Is it just me or are MovieBob videos terribly compressed?

noOOoooOO its not just you, and Im really tired of that... I have posted that same comment every freaking time he posted a clip but it seems the dumb bob wont listen to us and read on the INTERTUBE how to compress a movie decently.

On another note, well not really but w/e, I dislike his red background, but I like his critics.

A shitty horror film featuring a shitty sex object who couldn't act her way out of getting a parking ticket? (which is remarkably easy where I'm from) No one could pay me to see this movie.

I love it whan good critics bash bad films, and as for Megan Fox.....well I've never been attracted to any female movie actor and/or tv personality.

Why should Moviebob stop bashing transformers if he's talking about actors or things related to it? The popular and casual crowds will soon forget all about the film, while long time transformer fans will have to look back on it as wasted potential. That is, unless we're lucky and a good director decides to ressurect the movie franchise(but that can't happen until after Bay's third film).

I will disagree about what he said about the 90's though. The horror films might have sucked, but it was the golden age of gaming.

Yeah I just have one thing to say to you. : Will you quit bashing Transforms over the head with a metal bat? I mean come ON! It was a good film. I bet the reason you don't like it is because like Star Trek it wasn't for all the 80's nerds and for us new guys. Yeah I like good,smart,action packed movies like The Dark Knight,District 9, all six of the Star Wars movies,Shriek,Indian Jones, Xmen 1 2 3 and Wolverine,and Up, but Bob Transforms 1+2 were both good movies and I'm sick of your whining and bitching.
Stick it. S-Unleashed

You tricked me at the end, I hit the comments link when the credits starting rolling than had to reload the entire thing after you said "Wait".

And they say that there is no original ideas life in the world // Well in all fairness, when you have her openin shot in Transformers 2 but an up shot of her straddling a motorbike you can see when the review is coming from // She is acted as the 'hot chick' which by the looks of this movie is something they play with, alot!

-M

I like this guy. He clearly didn't like it; I'm tempted to see it to see if the points hold. Good stab at the twilight fans; boy did that drag a lot of conforming moths to its meagre flame.

Keep up the good work champ.

Yep, the film sucks - congratulations master of stating the obvious, your award is in the post! It is unfortunately the season for shitty horror, Halloween's on it's way and people are in the mood - we even have to put up with another shockingly pathetic excuse for a Saw movie!

Personally, while I don't think that Megan Fox is quite as hot as The Chinese Bird from Sin City, I would merrily cream on her face

Doug:

creatiwe:
seriously. where would the world be if nerds didn't get dumped by hot women in high school

We'd still be stuck in caves as all the smart people would be being distracted by sex....

God damnit, I need a girlfriend!

go to the nightclub or a pub or somewhere, don't sit by pc :D

pliusmannn:

Doug:

creatiwe:
seriously. where would the world be if nerds didn't get dumped by hot women in high school

We'd still be stuck in caves as all the smart people would be being distracted by sex....

But then I'd have an "Alkey Holic" girlfriend; seriously, in the UK, everyone who goes to a pub on the weekend is gonna die of liver failure aged 30.

I actually can't believe I am half coming to the defense of this movie, but I think the only reason I am is because of a few points made.

#1- In actual demon mythology if you were to make a sacrifice of someone who was not a virgin the exact thing that would happen ... well happened. So not really bad plot 'writing' as it was cut and paste from an actual form of mythology. So I can't find a reason to knock that,

#2- Megan Fox is a horrible, crappy actor and that is why this movie pretty much worked for her. This movie was self aware that it was not supposed to be ground breaking and I am pretty sure Fox, really just played herself in the movie because it worked for like the 1st time ever.

#3- So I don;t think it's profound or out there, but it is mindless fun and it is worth a good few chuckles or so. Just be aware that the movie is 'bad' but it knows it is. Almost like it tried to reach for Evil Dead, but well ... failed on that front.

He is actually right, if youve seen half the women ive seen you would think that Megan Fox is nothing special

well that saved my "friends" a few quid

Uncompetative:
Transformers is the best movie of all time.

Treefingers:
Fucking brilliant. Except i thought that Scream was great. Otherwise, fucking brilliant.

SilverUchiha:
Jesus Christ, stop bashing Transformers so much. We get it, you didn't like those films. Quite a few people (myself included) actually enjoyed them.

Zedzero:
Agrred. Except the 90's suck, Nirvana, Radiohead I don't think so! At least there were some great bands, unlike the 80's.

---

bickster:
I actually can't believe I am half coming to the defense of this movie, but I think the only reason I am is because of a few points made.

#1- In actual demon mythology if you were to make a sacrifice of someone who was not a virgin the exact thing that would happen ... well happened. So not really bad plot 'writing' as it was cut and paste from an actual form of mythology. So I can't find a reason to knock that,.

You seem well versed in actual demon mythology. Do you think you could recommend a book or two of the actual demon mythology variety? Because last time I checked, pretty much every faith in the past millennia or so has it's own form of "demons", and I'm pretty sure hardly any of them had anything to do with sacrifices, virgin or not.

Except, of course, actual demon mythology.

Whatever, I think Megan Fox is fucking hot. Yeah I'm sure this movie blows, and I doubt I'll ever see it, but Megan Fox is still fucking hot. Not as hot as Jessica Alba though. /drool

I saw this coming a mile away, but I still am going to see it. The trailers looked so dumbfoundedly stupid, that, well, I can't believe it could be so stupid. It looks definately stupid enough to enjoy in that way.

If you haven't seen the trailer or don't see what I'm talking about, let me review one of the conversations it showed:

Demon girl: I am STILL socially relevant!
Girl: You are not socially relevant!
Demon girl: I'm going to eat your soul!

Bring on the Symphony of the Night intro...

Man, my housemates are such Megan Fox fans. Alongside most of their friends. I tried to convince them that she wasn't nearly as hot as Natalie Portman, or even Helena Bonham Carter in a large number of roles. No luck there... Apparently I'm not a 'real man', to semi-quote them.

But, in all, I pretty much agree with this role. Saw it a few nights ago (the trailer appeared on TV, and hence the topic was brought up). Really un-appealing stuff. Shame, too, cause I was expecting something quite good at least from Cody. I did love me Juno. :)

I'd hit it.

also, the 90's ruled. the 80s sucked. so did the 00's.

70's ruled as well. 60s were blah. 50s ruled. 40s sucked. 30s were cool.

i'm soooo glad someone else finally brought this up. she's not amazing. she's like the female samuel l. jackson of our day. he's everywhere, and i'm tired of it.

Is there boobs seen in this movie? If no, I won't see it but if yes, I wont see it.

So some Emo band tries to sacrifice a virgin in a statanic ritual, are they blind? Do they think anyone who looks like that would still be a virgin? Why didn't they raid the chess club instead? How does killing non-virgins result in a half demon cannibal who likes making out with other girls? Why do people think Megan Fox can act? Why do people keep letting Michael Bay T-Bag anything and everything that falls within his field of vision?

culade:
seriously, bay gets off on geeks' rants the same way uwe boll does

Maybe Boll and Bay are having a secret competition to see who can make the crappiest movie in existance.

Doug:

pliusmannn:

Doug:

creatiwe:

But then I'd have an "Alkey Holic" girlfriend; seriously, in the UK, everyone who goes to a pub on the weekend is gonna die of liver failure aged 30.

That's why you don't have a girlfriend, you bother things which you shouldn't, c'mon man chill out because you will die slowly and lonely, when others die happy and fast (but painfully)

Thanks MovieBob you definitely saved me a few bucks on this film that I wasn't planning to see anyways. Who knew meghan fox would bring a phenomonally bad performance to a movie with an incredibly stupid premise? Somthing tells me that the theatre full of over-optimistic new moon preteens will be sadly disappointed and, in that sort of situation, I'll sit there maniacally laughing while watching an MP4 of Crank on my iPod touch.

what was I ranting about? oh yea. and you have a point with that bit on "those chicks who wouldnt fuck us in highschool." Why not take out our nerd rage on the beautiful but talentless wrecks they've become? I say were entitled to our opinions!

Shit I need to get laid...

Sorry, but Indie and satanic rituals, I see one problem with that, if an Indie band won't sign themseves over to a big company why in hell would they sign themselves to satan?

I don't know much about Megan Fox's acting ability, but from my experence in GCSE Drama, for the good looking ones, acting ability is ignored... I mean who actually knows what they are saying. I know what they are saying and it's mostly wrong, but a Director wil never say that if they have "A good face for film"...

I guess the only reason for watching this movie would be because of megan fox and her twins, that already shows whats wrong with the movie -.- .

Mr. Shoggoth:
Agree with everything except "90's horror sucked".
What about Silence of the Lambs and Seven, eh?

Although those are more like thriller movies, but still.

Horror movies sucked. I think they do most of the time anyway, but whatever. Thrillers however seem to hold themselves to a higher regard, why? Because they actually intend to make you feel some emotion. Thats why they seem to have good stories and better actors, so it gets you more into the movie. Btw, Silence of the Lambs is one of the best movies ever made, I don't think I'm the only one who believes this ethier.

Scrythe:

Uncompetative:
Transformers is the best movie of all time.

Treefingers:
Fucking brilliant. Except i thought that Scream was great. Otherwise, fucking brilliant.

SilverUchiha:
Jesus Christ, stop bashing Transformers so much. We get it, you didn't like those films. Quite a few people (myself included) actually enjoyed them.

Zedzero:
Agrred. Except the 90's suck, Nirvana, Radiohead I don't think so! At least there were some great bands, unlike the 80's.

---

bickster:

#1- In actual demon mythology if you were to make a sacrifice of someone who was not a virgin the exact thing that would happen ... well happened. So not really bad plot 'writing' as it was cut and paste from an actual form of mythology. So I can't find a reason to knock that,.

You seem well versed in actual demon mythology. Do you think you could recommend a book or two of the actual demon mythology variety? Because last time I checked, pretty much every faith in the past millennia or so has it's own form of "demons", and I'm pretty sure hardly any of them had anything to do with sacrifices, virgin or not.

Except, of course, actual demon mythology.

I'm sorry but you fail. I didn't like some of those 90s bands until late 2000 well past the age of twelve. Also Pirates of the Carribean (sp), just the first one, is a good film, its entertaining in many ways.

Thank you for ripping this movie apart. It was long overdue because of all the sad hype it got.

uppity the sound quality puhleazuh!

Megan Foz doesn't work for me either. She is a little too slutty. Totally agree with you that Natalie Portman is way better.

Oh, and I liked the ending joke, because it surprised me. I expected a Yatzee-esque responce.

Megan Fox isn't bland - a little on the unintelligent side, but f*ck me.

YUM.

And who cares if she's not the smartest person? If she offered who would actually sit there and say "well you're good looking but let's just check that IQ of yours."

Artheval_Pe:

Tesla, Edison, Einstein

I don't know about Edison and Tesla, but for the record, Einstein was married way before he published any of his major theories.

As for the island, I agree, there were giant holes in the plot and atrocious product placement, and it was derivative from THX 1138. However, it wasn't a purely BAD movie in my opinion. The basic ideas were interesting, the art direction was good, the actors were good (at least as far as I remember) and there were a few interesting plot twists even if they seemed a bit cliché, and it wasn't badly shot (but in a very conventionnal way most of the time).

I don't think it was a bad movie like Transformers or Armageddon were.

On Edison, he wasn't a genius in any sense except buisness (though he failed at propaganda despite trying frighteningly hard), any maybe, evil, otherwise, he was a no talent corporate fat cat that only did 2 really good things; the incandescent light bulb (mind you, it was probably invented by a scientist under his employ) and get Tesla to come to the US (given, he lied to him and stole many ideas from Tesla, but he might not have come over for a while longer, were it not for Edison)

Tesla and women... well, he liked women and women liked him, in America, before that he was a poor son of a priest and a seamstress in a more heavily class based society. Given, he never married to my knowledge, but he also had a repulsion to jewelry because of his association between precious metal body decorations and leaving people to starve and die in the gutter; in the end, the ring if anything would have put him off. Talk about afraid of commitment, oh and yeah, definitely genius.

Einstein, had many romantic interests, many, and after marrying he made his wife and children miserable (he married his work some time around when he learned how to do math, say 6th grade). Mathematical genius, and easily manipulated by colleagues, except on the topic of Quantum Physics.

As for this review: Agreed

As for Scarlett Johnason: She's not a bad actress exactly, she's not Natalie Portman, but she's alright (given she's not required to scream... anything... EVER), oh, and she has the best real tits in Hollywood.

EDIT: on the above post regarding whether or not you would do Megan given the chance, I think it's a given that if you insert any hot woman into an open bedroom area and invite the man to do what his loins are thinking about doing, they'll fuck em, however, the real challenge is would you cheat on a girlfriend (mind you, one that you actually like) with that person because they are that irresistible? Megan Fox- tempting, but no, hesitation before saying, or attempting to say, get the fuck out of my room/bed, about 5-6 seconds, after the WTF wears off/ Scarlett Johanson, tempting, but... damn, that's tough, maybe; given a "no" arises and my dick doesn't win the war with my heart, about 30secs-3 minutes before saying GTFOoMR/B.

Sean B.:

mattttherman3:
I know why you reviewed this, because Megan Fox is in it and that is all. She may be hot but she's dumb as a brick(her interviews prove that).

I thought the brick was smarter then Megan Fox?

Come to think of it it is...no one should insult the brick THAT much

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or