Zero Punctuation: Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5.

Watch Video

We should be fair that "Spice Girls Pop Kind of thing band" would not be as catchy.

It does make me wonder why do they just would not leave guitar hero alone because its not like you can add THAT much bloody innovation to make it worth another game isntead just rereleasing the same thing.

good review keep the good work up

Good review but I still wouldn't buy them.

Man you're so right. I tend to just phase the music out and rack up some insane score without even trying.

I’m not a big Beatles fan but I may give the game a try sense my friend is buying it.

great stuff the pace seemed a little slowed down this time around like your breathing instead of one run on rant!lol.

Good review but no-matter what anyone says I'll NEVER buy a guitar hero or rock band game EVERRRRRRRRRRR

You know, if you downloaded the song 'Smokin' by Boston you play the organ parts.

I would like to see the new guitar hero games feature songs from the past year instead of giving us older Beatles and Metallica songs.

Was it just me, or did the first part of the review sound like Yahtzee insulting his fans?

That aside, good review, it sounded like the end was cobbled together but it was still good.

This review is half the reason I don't want to buy GH or RS, the other half not having enough people to play them with.

Nice review Yahtzee :)

Guitar hero and Rock Band have kinda lost their charm tbh, used to play the old Guitar hero games, i.e, 1,2,3 but ever since world tour it's been kinda dead and stagnating.

Very entertaining review, I especially liked the end animations with Jimmy Hendrix with a bazooka. I still don't plan on buying either of these games, but very funny as always!

slipknot4:
I would like to see the new guitar hero games feature songs from the past year instead of giving us older Beatles and Metallica songs.

Well said. Agreement.

Wow, this one was a little depressing. Is all your hope in human beans failing Yahtzee?

Great review...but still I thought that you would review something else

I had wondered how they were going to condense the wide array of sounds employed by the Beatles into a plastic ukulele meant to mimic guitars.

As things go, I am one of those people who sits out on the GH playing. Mostly because I dislike the game in general. It doesn't interest me to really play it, and watching others do so is even less entertaining... Unless you start heckling them.

I wonder why anybody still buys Guitar Hero? Oh wait, I don't. We're all stupid and easy to exploit.

I'm also getting this weird vibe like Yahtzee didn't review anything. I have no idea what I was laughing at for the past five minutes.

Xombee:
I wonder why anybody still buys Guitar Hero?

Oh wait, I don't. We're all stupid and easy to exploit.

Indeed. We're all complete boobs.

The image shown in the "controller is smaller than a real guitar" is a bass, not a guitar. Just putting that out there

There's a reason why I stopped caring at GH3, even though I can see my home from WT :)

Marketing the same franchise every 2 months isn't the best strategy unless they want to purposely destroy their own franchise. Which is why I believe that GH or RB franchise isn't for me at all.

Good work there Mr. Croshaw.

bodyklok:
Was it just me, or did the first part of the review sound like Yahtzee insulting his fans?

I'm pretty sure 90% of Yahtzee reviews start with him insulting his fans. And yet we keep coming back. We're kind of enablers in that way.

In other news, did the Escapist News Network promo feel just a little _too_ much like the Onion News Network?

anyone at my party who doesnt like the beatles doesnt deserve to play with me.

had to watch it twice, it gets a bit hard to follow when he reviews two games at the same time, the monkey island review made this easier by being offensive towards the irish, also holy moley, when i clicked to watch this there where no comments already made, have people realized that being "first" wont win them the love of mr. croshaw?

edit : ah, i see people still go for the first and rush true the reviews in order to be on the top while avoiding the ban

I know I'm going to be suckered out of tons of money getting songs from DLC's but I'm still going to get Beatles Rockband. The notion of me being John Lennon is too tempting to pass up.

AHA! For someone who's made their career off of the nitpicking of a genre rife with overrated mediocrity you don't even take the tiniest swing at the Beatles themselves...

For that and that alone, this review has failed.

I wasn't expecting another guitar game review. I thought you already used all the jokes you have on it but you proved me wrong.
Great review as usual.
Note: I'm surprised and glad that nobody has said the word f***t in the comments.

I liked the review. The whole Rock Band Guitar Hero genre gets little OLD aftr a while. The only redeeming thing was that they had smoe good Beatles songs on Beatles Rock band (duh).

obliterate:
Great review...but still I thought that you would review something else

me too, i had expected WET or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

I wonder if you get Revolution 9 on that game. I bet that'd be weird as hell to play on Guitar Hero. It's a creepy ass song as it is..

I fully sympathize with the "larval form of classic rock snob". I annoy the hell out of my friends all the time with my constant references to bands that were "modern" well before our birth years. Heck, I even wow my folks sometimes and they grew up listening to the stuff!

Come to think of it...how about some Rock Band: Pink Floyd next? Or Rock Band: King Crimson? Or Rock Band: Deep Purple?

Regardless, nice review. I always like the ones that manage to balance interesting commentary and snide, referential jokes.

slipknot4:

so true, i realize that the "good ol' days" of music have been glorified, and we all know them from when our parents played them on road trips, but there has been made some good music in the past 10 years!.

but i guess if you want new music dj hero is the one to get, they cant really avoid having new music, though techno and rap isn't my cup of tea.

Oh God (I.E. Yahtzee)... This is by far my favorite one in months. It's certainly been a while since I laughed this much in one sitting.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here