Zero Punctuation: Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

2:45 in the video

"come on its not gonna pass for one of these."

and corresponding picture

all i can say is;

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7931209819/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/05/jimmy_page_bow_II.jpg

[quote="McGoohan" post="6.145119.3304672"] How can he criticize the game for having you play a guitar part that sounds "suspiciously like a cello," quote]

and then a picture of a guy holding a voilin bow to a guitar...its not gonna pss for one of these...

waaahhahwahahhawaah

hwuwhhruhwhawhrwhurhwuhrwhrwu

whuruuuhhuuu

BEEN DAZED AND CONFUSED FOR SO LONG ITS NOT TRUE

WONDERED EVER WOMAN EVER BARGAINED FOR YOU?!

Has he gone crazy? wasting an entire episode to review a game of quick time events? It makes me sad to watch reviews about this ridiculous concept...

Love your work Yahtzee, been watching since inception. However had to register (at last) and let you know. Cheers.

With regard to him saying at the end "Who owns 3 USB microphones anyway..." (I have not read through the entire thread so I don't know if this has been covered)

XB360 microphones (the ones that plug directly into XB360 controllers) are compatible with Guitar Hero, and I'm not 100% certain, but I THINK they may be compatible with rock band as well, meaning that you can use 2 USB microphones, and 2 people with the XB360 headsets should you be insane enough to want to have 4 people sounding like a quartet of cats being put through a clothes drier at high speed ><

ummm Rock Band 2 was fun, but only cuz I had a group of friends getting into it this past summer

has anypone else noticed that guitar hero 5 isn't really guitar hero 5? it's an median of 5. it's actually the sixth title in the series and the forth to have a number. i mean if world tour is a complete guitar hero game the encore is, and if encvore isn't then they would have had to put a number on the end of world tour, guitar hero 4; world tour. am i the only one surprised that yahtzee didn't comment on this?

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little hypocritical of Yahtzee to complain that they snuck in some guitar parts that aren't really guitar parts AND that there's no Elanor Rigby? Normally, I love Yahtzee, but c'mon. One or the other, not both, pal.

On the subject of Guitar Hero, it baffles me that you LIKE tha Guitar Hero/Rock Band games Yahtzee. They're basically a glorified mini-game for casual gamers. (no flaming plz.)

canadamus_prime:
On the subject of Guitar Hero, it baffles me that you LIKE tha Guitar Hero/Rock Band games Yahtzee. They're basically a glorified mini-game for casual gamers. (no flaming plz.)

You can dish it out but you can't take it, eh?

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:

What? I'm not flaming anything.

canadamus_prime:

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:

Yes you are, you made a claim that was basically an attack on every person who considers themselves to be a hardcore gamer but who likes Rock Band or Guitar Hero, and gave no justification for that claim.

How is that anything other than a flame?

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:

Yes you are, you made a claim that was basically an attack on every person who considers themselves to be a hardcore gamer but who likes Rock Band or Guitar Hero, and gave no justification for that claim.

How is that anything other than a flame?

Nooooooooooo, I was stating my opinion on the game. And how can you tell me it isn't a glorified mini/casual game when gameplay consists entirely of pressing buttons in sequence. In fact you could say the the games are big long QTEs.
Now if that's the sort of thing that floats your boat, well yeah for you. I fail to see the attraction, but hey to each their own.
I'd also like to mention that I don't see casual gaming as a bad thing, Yahtzee does apparently, hence my original post, but I don't so by no means was I intending to flame anyone.

canadamus_prime:
Nooooooooooo, I was stating my opinion on the game.

Yes, you were.
And, considering how most gamers who play RB/GH think of those games, your opinion was very inflammatory, and you gave no reason justifying that inflammatory claim.

Just because you didn't intend to flame, doesn't mean you didn't.

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:
Nooooooooooo, I was stating my opinion on the game.

Yes, you were.
And, considering how most gamers who play RB/GH think of those games, your opinion was very inflammatory, and you gave no reason justifying that inflammatory claim.

Just because you didn't intend to flame, doesn't mean you didn't.

If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine. And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you, I have half a mind to tell you to STFU since I wasn't even talking to you. And alright, you want justification? Well as I already stated, gameplay consists entirely of pressing buttons in sequence with those scrolling past on the screen, kinda reminiscent of the kind of thing usually found in mini-games and QTEs excepts the hardcore Rock music by big name musicians and the special plastic guitar controller. And don't tell me it's not for casual gamers (again, not that that's a bad thing. I don't know where it's written that a so-called "hardcore gamer" can't play and enjoy a "casual game" now and then), 'cause I saw a commercial just last night for X-Box360 and Rock Band 2 that featured a mom going "It's Fun Time."

canadamus_prime:
If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine.

"You're a complete and utter moron, but I don't mean that as an inuslt, and if you take it as such the problem is yours not mine."

Yeah, that doesn't really fly...

And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you,

Oh bollocks, you can't honestly have expected Yahtzee to care about what you were saying, and as such your comment was meant as a comment about Yahtzee and rhythm games, aimed at people in general.

And if, somehow, you did think Yahtzee might care about what you had to say, then you'd probably deserve any flaming you might get.

And alright, you want justification?

Not really. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of making an inflammatory statement without justification and then asking people not to flame you back.

And I think your last post clearly proved my point, you implicitly flamed me at least twice, but you can't seem to take any criticism yourself.

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:
If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine.

"You're a complete and utter moron, but I don't mean that as an inuslt, and if you take it as such the problem is yours not mine."

Yeah, that doesn't really fly...

And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you,

Oh bollocks, you can't honestly have expected Yahtzee to care about what you were saying, and as such your comment was meant as a comment about Yahtzee and rhythm games, aimed at people in general.

And if, somehow, you did think Yahtzee might care about what you had to say, then you'd probably deserve any flaming you might get.

And alright, you want justification?

Not really. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of making an inflammatory statement without justification and then asking people not to flame you back.

And I think your last post clearly proved my point, you implicitly flamed me at least twice, but you can't seem to take any criticism yourself.

That's not the same thing and you know it! Only hardcore douche bags (now that's a flame) take the term "casual gamer" as an insult or a flame or whatever. Since I don't count myself among them, I'm not going to be using that term as an insult that means if you take it as an insult that's your problem.

Of course I don't expect Yahtzee to care about what I'm saying. Of course all I meant witht that post was that I found it odd that Yahtzee liked the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games since they seemed to feature or revolve around stuff he hates. That's all I was trying to say with that post. I didn't want to insult anyone or flame anyone or anything, but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.

canadamus_prime:
but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.

It was your attempt at a disclaimer that annoyed me in the first place.

I wouldn't have cared if you'd just pointed out that rhythm games were basically just casual quite time events, because they are. But the fact is that such a statement could easily be taken badly. And then you asked people not to flame you.

You didn't want people to flame you, but you couldn't be bothered to be careful not to flame someone yourself. That's hypocrisy.

Maze1125:

canadamus_prime:
but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.

It was your attempt at a disclaimer that annoyed me in the first place.

I wouldn't have cared if you'd just pointed out that rhythm games were basically just casual quite time events, because they are. But the fact is that such a statement could easily be taken badly. And then you asked people not to flame you.

You didn't want people to flame you, but you couldn't be bothered to be careful not to flame someone yourself. That's hypocrisy.

Well I kinda thought that if I put "Plz don't flame me" people would get the hint that I meant no offence.

The only reason I would want to buy this game is because I'm a huge Nirvana fan and love Kurt Cobain but at the same time I hate the fact Courtney Love just ruined his image by giving Guitar Hero the rights to use Kurt Cobain in their game because her haroin supply was running dry becuase none of her old customers will pay her to suck their cocks anymore because she's such a fucking ugly bitch. But another thing that puts me off guitar hero 5 is the fact that the Nirvana setlist that is used to unlock Kurt has only two songs on it, both of which were overpopularized by stupid MTV fans who follow trends because they want to be in the "in" crowd and act like they're hardcore Nirvana fans when they can only name ONE FUCKING SONG (smells like teen spirit)! And thanks to these people, that song is completely ruined for me now, even though it was an amazing song. So I hope you're happy with yourself MTV. Oh wait...this is a thread about Guitar Hero 5 and not MTV? Oh um sorry... but I still stand behind my veiwpoint 100%. Also the song Yahtzee mentioned in the credits was Won't Get Fooled Again.

"Instruction sheet for retards" That killed me LOL.

Endocrom:
they (GH) are also nickel and diming for Queen songs, and none of them are even Bohemian Rhapsody

I just found out it's gonna be in the newest GH installment: warriors of rock. Although yu probably dont go on this site anymore...

^Or maybe I just don't follow up on 11 month old posts I've made.

I think the "all songs unlocked at the beginning" thing was less of a complaint and more of a "why?" After all, it's the first time the songs are all available from the start in guitar hero, but it took them five or six games to implement such an obvious concept.

Can't you do RuneScape? plz

Riding on Thermals:
AHA! For someone who's made their career off of the nitpicking of a genre rife with overrated mediocrity you don't even take the tiniest swing at the Beatles themselves...

For that and that alone, this review has failed.

Fuck no! The thing is, the Beatles are ferpect. There is simply nothing wrong with them besides Revolution 9.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here