Escapist News Network: Nerd Flu

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Ive been watching LRR for ages now, great to see it here too.

That was great! I cant wait to see more of these.

Quite nice. I look forward to watching this each week. I just hope there's enough noteworthy news each week to support it.

GrahamS:

Caliostro:
...I just hope this isn't the end of Unskippable.

Nope!
Paul's even in ENN as well. Did you spot him?

He looks good with an afro...

...Also a "Wii bra".

Anyways, that's why I was wondering if you guys would drop Unskippable for this. Really didn't wanna see Unskippable go, it's what makes mondays worthwhile. This one's awesome too though. Looking forward for more.

Ps: I keep forgetting to send you a pic of the day for the phailmail... gotta take care of that later.

(edit: Matt totally needs in at some point!)

Since when have old cat-ladies been nerds?

This isn't good. I know what ODST is and have a calculator watch. D:

That was great.

Not so much for me because I had to explain to my friends yesterday what ODST stands for.
Triforce and pokeballs eh? Seems like I'm in for some rough times.

I like this, though judging by the Nerd Flu graphic I'm going to get it really really badly

Magic the gathering for the win!!!

Well most of it wasn't very funny to me, I completely lost it at 'Wii motion 1-1 breast control" and the guy doing it. Fucking classic.

Haha. Very funny.

Also, I haven't been to my D&D group in a few months, so I think I'm safe from nerd flu... for now.

So great to see the LRR crew doing vids on here aswell.
Love it, have bookmarked this for regular viewing!!!

Love i...(gets eaten by lion)

Weekend Update was always my favorite part of Saturday Night Live. Well, now there is absolutely no use for SNL in any way since someone has taken their segment and posted it online so we don't have to sit through an hour of awful. All we have to do is sit back and wait until NBC cancels that shit.

Excellent :]

Down to page 5 so now sure how much notice this post will get, but i have a few criticisms to make:

I enjoyed the layout, the new tangent of humour, and most importantly the people who made and contibuted to it. However i think all of the comical news stories bar the main "Nerd Flu" one were preilously short. I barely had time to enjoy the suspense before the punchline, when the whole thing had been swept aside and moved onto the next issue. There was no debating over the topics (i.e the anchors chirping in with their 2 cents), which as in idea may contribute and give the News Team personas that the viewer can empathise with and get to know.

It just seemed like a lack of care had gone into jokes that perhaps could have been expanded and therefore last longer and potentially be more humorous. I don't feel as though a 'rapid fire' set of one line news titles fits this new show in the way a similar effect works for video series' like Zero Punctuation or Unskippable. The whole thing was quirky but only managed to play a smile from me once or twice (the Venn Diagram was a brilliant touch!). I'd love to hear what others think, and if anyone shares my oppinions, the closest on any of these 5 pages was the post:

Venatio:
ODST - Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, also known as Helljumpers.

... Crap, I am at risk from the nerd flu!

And of the news show itself, can certaintly use some use. It was more satire than comedy and quite frankly we get enough of the former on a regular basis. The funniest part was the DJ reference and the picture of the guy in a Pikachu outfit.

Cant wait to see some more!

can't wait to see more though and enjoyed many aspects that have already been listed in the many posts before me. I'm not a hater of this in the slightest, just felt that this thread could do with a little bit of cynicalism. ;P

/ArchimedesTheOwl.

Damn, I've worn a calculator watch for years....and another one for years after the first one broke D:

Nivag:
YES! I'm completey safe. No idea what 'ODST' stands for and I don't indulge in any of the contributing factors! Result.

Come now, I've seen pictures of you. Your telling me you've never indulged a fierce neck beard.

as you can see from the 20 similar slants on this strain we do have a case of the nerd flu... but do not be mistaken by the similar but not at all dangerous 6 sided strain they just mean they have the yatzeezins aka they like to play yatzee. Unless the strain of course forms together into a straight line then you may have a problem.

Very nice polish on this, awesome material, would it be so bad if canada man was featured? much in the way WWN used to bring up bat boy from time to time?!?!

Fondly,

Armored Prayer:
That was really good, this might become my new favorite series.

Crap! I know what ODST stands for and I'm also sick. I have the Nerd Flu! Stay back!

it's ok us people who know what Orbital Drop Shock Trooper is will be okay as long your not currently in japan...............oh wait are you currently in japan?.............HAW I'm safe!!

I consider myself eminently fortunate not to be at risk for the nerd flu. Although I will admit that the news report gave me a powerful urge to scurry over to the nearest high school and shove a 14-year-old kid into a locker, but at my age they call that assault (and creepy!)

Fail.

Quite apart from Leave Wednesday Alone [suspects intention to relieve Escapist from total reliance on their star] - not actually that funny.

GrahamS:

The Escapist presents, ENN, "news you can watch," with exclusive coverage of a horrible pandemic - nerd flu.

what i really want to know is will your time spent thinking up jokes and producing ENN halt your work on LRR but more importantly on the awesome Commadore Hustle series?

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper.

Yeah, I'm boned.

The intro felt waaay too much like The Onion's ONN intro for breaking news. That's the only problem, love everything else.

And I have both had the nerd flu and can say what ODST stands for.

Nivag:
YES! I'm completey safe. No idea what 'ODST' stands for and I don't indulge in any of the contributing factors! Result.

You're also a regular poster on a video-game-related website's forums.

Maybe you should take some extra Vitamin C tonight. I'm just sayin'.

Do we have to worry about R0F1 at GameX? I worry that with the influx of British smarm and Austrailian gamer angst that Yahtzee will bring, this virus may gain a memetic awareness aspect, thereby making it... the R0F1_MA0 virus.

Oh, also... did anyone else just absolutely lose it and crack up laughing watching those Japanese gamers sway back and forth in time to the movements of digital breasts?

CountFenring:
The intro felt waaay too much like The Onion's ONN intro for breaking news. That's the only problem, love everything else.

I suspect that both ONN and myself are pulling from the same source material here.
IE: Actual news programs.

Neck Beard Ferocity... I now wish i could change my account name.

And I would totally do that news anchor chick...Kathleen

So on that chart? I qualify for all of them.

Does this mean that I am infected?

Absolutely hilarious.

Can't wait for next week.

Nice new addition. Classic Escapist style, too, of mixing humor with news, and watching it develop from there.

Orbital Drop Shock Troopers.

FUCK!

Oh god, my car's in the shop! Be gone, lion!

NOOOooo.....

GrahamS:

CountFenring:

I suspect that both ONN and myself are pulling from the same source material here.
IE: Actual news programs.

Of course, I don't get the channel, so I can't say for sure, but I suspect The Onion's is almost exactly the same as CNN's.

As I said before, I love it, I look forward to watching more of these in the future.

Loved it.

I don't know how you guys could read that dialogue without even cracking a smile.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here