Escapist News Network: Nerd Flu

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

A great take on The Onion, just don't reuse Monty Python (or any other) jokes. Your own stuff is good enough, the pop culture winks only detract from it. Looking forward to next week. :)

great first episode. kudos to you.

Wow.
When I saw it on the video page I thought it was serious so I decided not to watch it (don't judge me)

Then I saw the commercial at the end of zero punctuation and realized it is just plain funny, just the way I like it (again don't judge me)

i watched it, and it's brilliant!

I liked the venn diagram. That is all I have to say.

Loved it. Now I have one more source of entertainment on wednesdays apart from Yahtzee's reviews. Looking forward to next week.

dandahammer:
Awesome, from the idle conversation between the newscasters before and after to the deadpan delivery of the well written jokes. The opening graffic rocked too.

Having flashbacks to bagder badger badger now though...

I keep getting images of you being in saving private ryan except the nazis being the badgers. And it's B-day instead of d-day.

And in a related story british officials have objected to allegations that they drink tea.

Damn i have cats. stay back!

Kross:

Bretty:
Kinda funny.

Were you aiming to come off like ONN?

ONN is hilarious, but the newscast format has been around for a while. :) Also, the stories here are real, with a bit of embellishment on the details.

And the Jerkcity reference is a win. HONK!

So wait that whole boob jiggling thing is real? Well the Japanese have weirded it up again.....

That. Was. Awseome. I didn't know how much I missed a resplendent, logarithmic news source until I watched that. =D My to-watch list just got even longer!

Last night i wikipedia-ed ODST,
Today i woke up with a temerature, pale and achy skin and sore joints.
My God.. i should have watched the news sooner...

Oh, and im English and we DO drink tea - all of us.
Those who don't are either culled at birth or sent back to Germany where the Coffee loving genes come from.

Weekend Update, games, AND LRR? Count me in.

Holy crap, I thought the ninja gaiden boob jiggle thing was a joke, it sounded like something you'd find from a parody. That's just sad that it's real.

It has been done again. Something so hilarious I fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you for the vid.

In order to make this a little more on-par with, say, Onion News Network (a style I assume they're going for), the main anchor guy needs to be clean-shaven. He's got a good voice but, needs to look a lot more professional.
And the woman just needs to look... a lot better.

In other news (hurr hurr), Yahtzee should make a cameo in this.

veloper:

GrahamS:

veloper:
Should have called it: geek flu.

We went with Nerd Flu for the entertaining rhyme with "Bird Flu".

It's just not quite right.
The nerd is a more brainy variant, while the geek is just very much into a particular geeky hobby.
The nerd flu would need something other than Halo ODST. Come to think of it, Halo isn't very geeky either.
Anyway, the nerd flu would work better among PC gamers.

Oh, god Veloper caught the flu!

Arbitrary Cidin:

veloper:

GrahamS:

veloper:
Should have called it: geek flu.

We went with Nerd Flu for the entertaining rhyme with "Bird Flu".

It's just not quite right.
The nerd is a more brainy variant, while the geek is just very much into a particular geeky hobby.
The nerd flu would need something other than Halo ODST. Come to think of it, Halo isn't very geeky either.
Anyway, the nerd flu would work better among PC gamers.

Oh, god Veloper caught the flu!

Actually what I got is a bacterial infection. For nerds.

Nerd Flu is bad... But nothing compared to the NOOB flu epidemic.

I think I might have the nerd flu.. oooh dear.

And with the "it's a lion" line, Escapist News Network has won over my heart.

I have no idea what to take seriously.

I still like it though.

Also, I own a TV remote control watch.

Holy shit, I'm also at risk of getting infected!

That bit about the "boob control" being ported to the Wii was so hilarious.

Wait A minute. That sexaxis thing is in mgs4! Shake around the controller when you talk to raiden's wife or whatever she is.

My new favorite on the web on my already favorite gaming magazine site. Great job.

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper..........AH crap!

orbital drop shock trooper! let it spread...
2x lvl 80 and a lvl 74 WoW characters!
100+ dvds, 13,500+ videos watched on my youtube account alone
massive amount of video games
i have no girlfriend
Q_Q i think i might die....

Hilarious. Something else to watch on this great website.

Heh, Katgleen made a Monty Python reference... Looks like Jeremy's gonna have some company in the quarantine truck.

Orange Des Souris Tristes WTF!
it could have work for Quebec with our law 101 ;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 51590)