Alt+Escape: Icycle

Alt+Escape: Icycle

A naked man pedals a bicycle through the apocalypse. That's all you need to know, really.

Read Full Article

Made it to level 7 before giving up. Really tough game. Favorite part is the initial loading and title screens.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Made it to level 7 before giving up. Really tough game. Favorite part is the initial loading and title screens.

Same as me, bloody Trial and Error

Yeah, I won, Woo!
Wow, that was hard.

It was hard in some areas. I really like the art direction and especially dug the level design of level 7.

That is a funny game i got to say i started just making him fail just to hear that wacky scream.

Woo hoo! Made it, great game, loved the style.

I gave up on the third screen. Not the third level, but the third screen. I'm no good at these silly timing games.

I got stuck in what I assume was the last part of level six. I jumped into a pit and got stuck there bouncing up and down with no way to move on, die or even go back to the beginning. I couldn't be arsed going right back to the very beginning so I packed it in. That moment utterly spoilt what had otherwise been a not bad game.

Quite a nice game, I gave up on level 6. Kept getting killed on the third part.

Chris B Chikin:
I got stuck in what I assume was the last part of level six. I jumped into a pit and got stuck there bouncing up and down with no way to move on, die or even go back to the beginning. I couldn't be arsed going right back to the very beginning so I packed it in. That moment utterly spoilt what had otherwise been a not bad game.

Was that the bit at the end? I found that if you keep going up and down, you'll eventually get high enough to move on. I pushed up and down on the keyboard to see if I got some extra momentum, and I'm not sure if it worked, but I got to the top so maybe you could try that.

My all time rank was 471. Did anyone get any better? The guy on the top of the leaderboard got what I assume was all the bubbles and didn't lose any lives, twice. Go him, is all I have to say.

Incidentally, if you start again after you've won, the guy gets a scarf. I couldn't be stuffed playing on, but does anyone know if he keeps getting more clothes?

Hells yeah I got it. I mean yeah level 7 was crazy but 8 is nothing to play with.

Please, how do I get past lvl 7? The third screen is killing me...

damn this is hard, partly its intentional but mostly its the fact that the camera is so far away and everything is the same color that i found it impossible to see what the hell was going on.

Jedamethis:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Same as me, bloody Trial and Error

Add one more to the tally.

Meh, didn't like it. There really wasn't any way to see anything, because everything was the same color and it was zoomed out so much.

It isn't bad, but in no way is it good.

Got bored on level 8, lost about 5 lives there, but after the loads I lost on 7 I couldn't be arsed :).

Pretty fun. Definitely dug the art style.

Really hard, though. What happens at the end?

Pretty tricky game.

I was feeling really bad for my computer at about level 5. By the time I finally beat it, I felt terribly bad for the verbal abuse it had to endure. Still, very fun game.

zoozilla:
Pretty fun. Definitely dug the art style.

Really hard, though. What happens at the end?

Meh. Barely fun gameplay killed by ass-hole tactics to get you to start over again. I got to around Level 7 when I got sick of it.

I panicked in the last room of level 7 but then it all turned out all right. I was incrediblly satisfied for a few seconds when I beat this though I find it strange that the game's creator seems to think this game has replayability, trying to get you to best your bubble score and providing you with a scarf for your next play through. I feel that now that I've beaten this game, I'm done with it. I feel accomplished for not knowing when to call it quits like everyone else.

Yeah! Can't believe I actually won.

Dug the art style, but I feel that it was probably too hard, too infuriating. Area 6 was the worst for me, in term of shaking fist rage. But once I conquered that it wasn't too bad, it was pretty easy to work out what to do. Riding the icicles probably the hardest though. And the timing in the city was tough.

meh, im really disapointed by the end, i expected something deeper

Moriarty:

Wait... a game about a naked man riding a bike through a frozen wasteland to collect frozen bubbles and you expected a deep story?

Everytime I click on it, it's down for exceded bandwith. So I can't really say I like or dislike this game.

WhiteTigerShiro:

Moriarty:

Wait... a game about a naked man riding a bike through a frozen wasteland to collect frozen bubbles and you expected a deep story?

i guess deep was the wrong word for it.

i expected something worthy of the unique style of the game, something with more artistic value?

Moriarty:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Moriarty:

i guess deep was the wrong word for it.

i expected something worthy of the unique style of the game, something with more artistic value?

Ok, that I can grant you. I too was a little disappointed with learning what was actually at the end of it.

This game is evil, very very evil.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here