Unskippable: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

GrahamS:
The joke about the "Weird Arms Trilogy" refers to Bionic Commando, Dark Sector and Prototype.

How are you guys forgetting Bionic Commando? That's the one with all the arm jokes.

could equally be dark sector, prototype, and mgs4 considering the main antagonist of mgs4 is a guy who is possessed by the transplanted arm of a dead guy who happens to be the clone brother of the lead protagonist.

Crash486:

GrahamS:
The joke about the "Weird Arms Trilogy" refers to Bionic Commando, Dark Sector and Prototype.

How are you guys forgetting Bionic Commando? That's the one with all the arm jokes.

could equally be dark sector, prototype, and mgs4 considering the main antagonist of mgs4 is a guy who is possessed by the transplanted arm of a dead guy who happens to be the clone brother of the lead protagonist.

That's true, but unlike the other three it's not the protagonist, and it's not really featured.

GrahamS:

Crash486:

GrahamS:

That's true, but unlike the other three it's not the protagonist, and it's not really featured.

Fool! I'll be the one to determine the meaning of the words you said! Don't be tryin' to cloud my overanalyzed analysis of your thoughts with your logic and your... facts!

The faceless soldiers must all by evil eunuchs because the puppy dog eyes on that girl before she got shot would have turned me against my superior officer in a heart beat.

LOL! Russel Crow is epic, I hope you "review" more crow-containing games

Also, left 4 dead 2 reference was great :P

oh man, this episode is definitely up there as one of my favorites.

This brings back hilarious nostalgic memories of when me and my friends ashamedly mocked the terrible writing of the opening cinematic.

Is it just me our does the basic idea of Prototype seem reminiscent of the movie I Am Legend? Well except Alex isn't Will Smith for many reasons.

"Oh I'm late to home ec!"

Is that a ref to Disgaea 3? Mr. Champloo would be proud. XD

Cosplay Horatio:
Here are all the wierd arm games in total that were on UnSkippable so far and weird forearm armor doesn't count unless its mystical;

Onimusha 3 - Samanosuke's Gauntlet

Wolverine Uncaged - Not just Wolverines Claws but his brother's nail claws.

Devil May Cry - Dante's Devil Arm and Trishes ability to channel lightning through her arms.

MGS4 - Liquid's arm on Ocelot's body.

Dark Sector - The infectious parasite on the main characters arm that produces a Glaive.

Prototype - Alex Mercer's ability to create claws based on the mutant enemies he devours that has those same arms.

I hope there will be an Infamous episode of Unskippable. That would be awesome!

If I missed any games that had weird arm characters let me know because I didn't watch through all the episodes to find them...I uh...skipped through them.

Dante doesn't have a weird arm. Maybe you're thinking of Nero from DMC4?

Lately, Unskippable is really starting to overtake Zero Punctuation in the list of "Things I Look Forward To Each Week". This wasn't the funniest (I class the 'Haze' one as the best so far) but still very good. I like how you mostly review games that Zero Punctuation has already done.. as someone who doesn't play an awful lot of games it's nice to get a clearer picture of what Yahtzee was on about.

"and this ends unskippable's trilogy of guys with weird arms."

So there was dark sector, this, then what? Because riddick certainly doesn't seem to have a weird arm.

not a zaar:

Cosplay Horatio:
Here are all the wierd arm games in total that were on UnSkippable so far and weird forearm armor doesn't count unless its mystical;

Devil May Cry - Dante's Devil Arm and Trishes ability to channel lightning through her arms.

Dark Sector - The infectious parasite on the main characters arm that produces a Glaive.

Prototype - Alex Mercer's ability to create claws based on the mutant enemies he devours that has those same arms.

If I missed any games that had weird arm characters let me know because I didn't watch through all the episodes to find them...I uh...skipped through them.

I wanted to post Nero from DMC4 but there hasn't been an Unskippable episode of that yet. DMC4 is also were I've found that Dante sort of has a Devil Arm that he uses to collect the gems from the first game through till DMC4 where he uses it to collect the demonic power up weapons after finishing Nero's defeated enemies.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Cosplay Horatio:

Bionic Commando

I didn't want to list Bionic Commando at first because it was more mechanical and man made but since it is a weird arm to have you're correct ForgottenPr0digy...mechanical arms shall count as well.

Cosplay Horatio:

not a zaar:

Cosplay Horatio:

I wanted to post Nero from DMC4 but there hasn't been an Unskippable episode of that yet. DMC4 is also were I've found that Dante sort of has a Devil Arm that he uses to collect the gems from the first game through till DMC4 where he uses it to collect the demonic power up weapons after finishing Nero's defeated enemies.

I played that game and I don't remember him having a weird arm. In that game "Devil's Arm" means a demonic weapon.

not a zaar:

Cosplay Horatio:

not a zaar:

Cosplay Horatio:

I played that game and I don't remember him having a weird arm. In that game "Devil's Arm" means a demonic weapon.

Hmm...well I really should take your word for it because I haven't played through DMC4 completely and I'd most likely be corrected with finishing DMC4 anyways. Thanks for the correction not-a-zaar!

At 3:35, when Graham and Paul are chanting something, what are they referencing? they used it in the begining of Two worlds if it helps

"And so ends unskipables 'guys with weird arms trillogy' " Oh man, I laughed for a good 15 minutes from that one (I've been watching you all since the Yanztee crossover) and I'm starting to love the "one liner endings" the most. Sure, the whole video is amusing but the witty and oh-so-fitting last words are the best!

Keep it up!

Probably as funny as anything by Yathzee

Go go Gadget spiky bits. Another awesome joke.

Keep up the good work

My God man! That lady had a FACE! Who do those people think they are, going around killing people with faces??
Maybe they're just jealous.

Awesome as usual. Loved the argument over the bill!

did anybody else notice the Annie N.Y.C. reference?

I wondered about that myself...why do they have a "Kill Team" for? Even just saying the name makes me very concerned lol. Wow, they are suck low lives killing that one woman with the Puppy Eyes. Like the guy catches her at first like he saved her but then just kills her after the zombie horde dies. Wow...*sigh* and loved how they even killed the scientists examining the body (The ones with no faces) They are surely retarded. I even own the game, it's funny because even a simple human punch ends up killing them so I go over it and slice them up Haha. Great review as usual!! Loved it!! And your remarks always make me crack up :D

I really hope Russel Crow becomes a recurring character, like the "when I died" thing. Russel's balling!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here