Zero Punctuation: Darkest of Days

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Hobo Joe:
He was right, I didn't know anything about Darkest of Days. It was an overall good review but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until next week for him to give ODST a bollocking

would it surprise you if he didnt bother reviewing ODST?

great review with some hillariously random jokes but some very interesting points about the game, i dont know if ill go and spend my money on it but if the graphics are at the level of total war (i love RTW by the way) then i dont think ill bother with it, fallout 3 proved you can have good graphics in a large enviroment (and the DLC features a very wafer thin version of time travel)
so i dont see the reason to buy it when i can kill things in the capital wasteland...

(i know im evil for supporting an already successful studio over a developing one but i need to keep my money in my bank account nowadays)

Great review, as usual (lol, poor Christian Bale). I'll probably get this when it goes down in price. It looks good, but not $80 good.

Loved it. Think I might look up a demo or something for this game.

It sounds fun. I'll check it out.
Nice to see Yahtzee still making original videos.

Awesome.

I also saw CGR's review for this... He made it out to be pretty good.

Now to add to my to-do list, make a game where you play a villain who goes back in time in order to screw up the future by slaughtering everything in sight

8monkey here, hilarious review! Our whole office was dying of laughter this morning. We're all big fans here and are honored to accept this ass-ripping, Yahtzee. Bigger studios than ours have but dreamed of such an ass-ripping from ZP :)!

Made me laugh quite a bit on this one. Never even heard of the game, but it sounds... interesting.

monkeyscience:
8monkey here, hilarious review! Our whole office was dying of laughter this morning. We're all big fans here and are honored to accept this ass-ripping, Yahtzee. Bigger studios than ours have but dreamed of such an ass-ripping from ZP :)!

are you actually from 8 monkey labs if yes then i can be thankful dor 2 things in this game tme travel and ww1 ,because i have nver seen an fps which would be happening in the ww1 , but there was one stupid thing in ww1 one russian yelled "For Stalin " in russian and i understand russian. but thats not a big prob

2 things you should know yahtzee , 1 being a mech tech i don't use string , i use wire and what's wrong with duck tape i mean duct tape ? i use it all the time

XDUCK:
2 things you should know yahtzee , 1 being a mech tech i don't use string , i use wire and what's wrong with duck tape i mean duct tape ? i use it all the time

\\your avatar says all bout duck tape :D

oppp7:
It's good to see reviews about games that aren't mainstream. My guess is that he won't review ODST because it's just an expansion pack.

That's not necessarily true; he reviewed Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Fear: Perseus Mandate. However, he still probably won't do it because it's just halo 3 again, but with more multiplayer maps. '

It would be a pretty bad episode actually, he's already said all that he can about Halo 3, what more can he add?

I for one would like to see him do a review of the Godfather: Blackhand Edition. It's an amazing game, especially since it can't possibly exist. It's a licensed movie game made by EA on the wii and yet it is some of the most fun I've ever had.

How is that even possible?

Time traveling sandbox with a load of weapons and a bunch of mythical or real enemies that you can fight in there corresponding time period.

That's the game I want.

Edit: Oh, I was really hoping for Scribblenauts. Anyone else?

Harps?

I played the DoD demo, it did feel rough, lacking polish and hearing about the lack of more time periods isn't very encouraging either. It was fun to play though and I'd probably grab it out of the inevitable bargain bin in a few months.

Hobo Joe:
He was right, I didn't know anything about Darkest of Days. It was an overall good review but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until next week for him to give ODST a bollocking

He'll probably just link you to his Halo 3 review.

ironlordthemad:

Hobo Joe:

would it surprise you if he didnt bother reviewing ODST?

great review with some hillariously random jokes but some very interesting points about the game, i dont know if ill go and spend my money on it but if the graphics are at the level of total war (i love RTW by the way) then i dont think ill bother with it, fallout 3 proved you can have good graphics in a large enviroment (and the DLC features a very wafer thin version of time travel)
so i dont see the reason to buy it when i can kill things in the capital wasteland...

(i know im evil for supporting an already successful studio over a developing one but i need to keep my money in my bank account nowadays)

Totally Agree on the ODST. I only want to see a review if He is surprised by some quality there otherwise you could probably just copy paste his Halo 3 review and get your answers.

How about a Scribblenauts review.....anyone...?

Argh! Ninja'd...Twice!

that was rather positive.

Never heard of this game, looks interesting though never was a fan of fps games i may check this one out.

also, yahtzee! when are you going to review Dissidia? afraid you'll like it?

Putting this on my ipod now. Normally I don't comment unless I've watched the whole thing but:

The new escapist intro is really bad.

I'm sorry to whoever made it but it looks terrible and makes me want to bash my speakers into my monitor.

Can we have the old one back please?

Also, I knew this one was up next, I checked his Steam profile (which I found while commenting on another ZP thread) and he had playing this game for a long long time.

Gawd, please don't tell me that before every future Yahtzee review I have to suffer through the annoying "HAH!!!" at the start and then quickly close the window before the cringeworthy rip off of The Onion comes up.

I hadn't even heard of this game before today. Was a rather amusing review, once again and I may just have to give it a look now. Although from what I've heard, it would be better if it contained timelines without guns. Oh and a flying, harp dispensing cat would be quite nice too. Ah well, wishful thinking.

Take a good concept for a game, and murder it. If developers could do new concepts or atleast fresh concepts well, we wouldn't have the same games recycled every year....

or something.

Good review though, think it's going to be a rent for me.

crotalidian:

Totally Agree on the ODST. I only want to see a review if He is surprised by some quality there otherwise you could probably just copy paste his Halo 3 review and get your answers.

How about a Scribblenauts review.....anyone...?

Argh! Ninja'd...Twice!

I'd also like to see him review Borderlands. Yahtzee loved Painkiller due to the fact that it was just you killing things with a variety of great weapons, and Borderlands has 17.5 million guns.

How can you say no to that?

Anyone mind telling me what the crap about the first two posts was worth putting the users on probation? I'm confused...

Resented the comment about Terminator: SCC, I thought it was fantastic. Sure, you had to watch every episode to appreciate and understand it, but when you did it was a very rewarding experience.

But otherwise good review for a game I wasn't going to get anyway :P

johnman:

GeEom:
In contrast, I think youve improved through time Yahtz!
Is he going to review Creed 2?

You havent even watched it yet, how can you say that?
This video has been online for about 30 seconds...

And may I ask wth your doing here also so early?

Well, "if"(I'm not doubting Yahtzee but he overlooks things occasionally) this is the studios first game they probably are crawling all the reviews waiting for advice, Yahtzee you may help shape the game you will eventually review, congrats.

Thanks to you, I might consider darkest of days over the ODST juggernaut.

Good review man. Darkest of Days seemed like something I would want to play but since i played the demo I have not been wanting to anymore.

This seems like a game that I'd very much enjoy.

The whole Time-travel shoot up thing is quite appealing to a history freak. Although Time-Splitters tried, it wasn't my "cup-of-tea"

Though I'd have to disagree on the total war thing, yes he's right about the graphics but it is the gem of the rts genre. Though this is Yahtzee, and we all know he doesn't like rts.

Yahtzee got his hopes up over a shooter.

2012 comes soon.

(For those who believe I'm just posting random nonsense, the above suggests that Yahtzee admitting that he was hopeful about a game that sounded too good to be true (as it seems to be, due to the review) is a sign of the end of times, which is currently scheduled for an appearance in the year 2012 due to the fact that the Aztecs or Mayans or whoever decided they didn't want to make any more calendars because the world would end in what we will know as 2012. Furthermore, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy due to a film or something called 2012 due out this november which seems to be like The Day After Tomorrow or An Inconvenient Truth, in that I'll watch it and laugh at the parodies. I personally believe that, like Duke Nukem Forever before it, the end of times will be delayed numerous times before its final statis is determined and parodied by a foreign man who's never done an honest day's work in his life with an awesome hat. Or maybe Movie Bob.)

Just because the premise hasn't been done in videogames before doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Some future time police? yeah, real inventive.
In saying that though i do still intend to check this out at some point.

The fact that you can't change stuff in time makes me not want to buy this game.

...I want to see him destroy Rhythm Heaven, does that make me a horrible person?

Good review, but at the end he said he wanted to see another one, I thought Yahtzee hated sequels.

The Total War games are good, screw you. Despite that though I will admit this review is one of the funnier ones of late. Also, I was under the impression that there was a part of the game set it Pompei (I don't know if I spelled that right or not).

Battle of Little Bighorn? Makes sense, I suppose. After all, Sitting Bull only had the advantage because he saw into the future and ambushed the ambush.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here