Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Zombieland

This week MovieBob revie..what the..NO NO AIIIGHH!! *uuughkkk*..braaaaiiiinnnnss..

Watch Video

lol so far Zombieland sounds like the live action version of L4D, it's even got 4 people on a poster looking angry just like at the start of a campaign.

I'll be taking a peek at it soon as it shows on screen in my backwater country or a decent (Russians are masters at this) pirate snags it from the cold clutches of the movie industry.

Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider:
This movie looked lke a good idea from the trailers. Now im skipping it.

Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)

I was in fear that this movie will just be a typical zombie killer with a few laughs. But Bob's judgement has never failed me, so if he says it delivers, it fucking delivers! I want to go see this now, Bob gave it much better appeal than the trailer did.

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider:

Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)

No Im skipping it because I thought it would be something else. Bob said he liked it, but Im tired of pure zombie movies.

Bob, let me say, quickly, that I love the fact that you used Mr. McFeely for saying how the movie delivers.
Speedy delivery indeed.

On topic: I had a hunch this movie would be one of those ones you just gotta see, and I'm glad to see I was right! You sold me, Bob! I'll be convincing the wife in no-time!

i cant wait to see a better zomie film then 28 days later or resident evil

I think I know what I'm renting an Halloween. :P

Good deal, I was tore between seening this or invention of lying first.

ElArabDeMagnifico:

slopeslider:

You want good comments eh? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zombieland/

I'm now convinced, I must see this movie.

Great review.

This movie looks dope. I'm stoked

Its unfortunate that this movie seems to be a quality deliver on what can be considered a overused theme. And I might have been convinced to go and check it out despite my general dislike for zombie movies.

But I just spent the last two weeks getting completely and totally bombarded by trailers for this movie every time I went to watch something on Yahoo, or Veoh, or some other video server to the point where I am just so sick of even hearing the name of the move.

I understand advertising, but I wish they wouldn't just cram it down our throats until we suffocate on it, or at least, give us the option to skip said trailers. I have never been so happy to see a movie be released just so the trailers would stop.

well thats convinced me to go and see it but will it be as good as shaun of the dead?

Oh come now Bob, you know that bit about vampires isn't TOTALLY true. You are a Blood: The Last Vampire fan right? ...Well I suppose the amount of FABULOUS in Blood+ kind of supports your point, but it WORKS.

And that's to say nothing of Tsukihime...

Baby Tea:
Bob, let me say, quickly, that I love the fact that you used Mr. McFeely for saying how the movie delivers.
Speedy delivery indeed.

On topic: I had a hunch this movie would be one of those ones you just gotta see, and I'm glad to see I was right! You sold me, Bob! I'll be convincing the wife in no-time!

i do believe this movie is great, but iŽd like to say that District 9 is probably something thats a little more women friendly. if you and your wife have seen District 9 however, go for it mate :D

I really, REALLY wanted this movie to work.
I am pleased that it did. Currently looking up showtimes.

That does it, I'm going to see this movie if it's the last thing I do. I haven't seen a good zombie movie in a while, and Zombieland looks like it's going to be a cure. Thanks MovieBob!

cool

Now I'm definatly gonna see it if he said its pretty good.

Definitely going to see this

ElArabDeMagnifico:

slopeslider:

He said it was really good, I don't know what this guy's on.

I'm looking forward to this movie. I think it'll be fun!

Yay! Another Zombie Movie. They're always the most fun.

stupid social rules preventing me from going to the theaters alone, im not kidding when i say im the only one in my social circle who get a nerd boner every time i hear the word zombie, and not just in my friend circle, i cant even ask one of the guys i go to school or work whit to join me, for the same reasons they've stopped asking me if i wanna watch "the game" whit them, i dont care about it and will not have a good time and neither will they.

it looks like its the watchmen problem all over again, and if i dont find some zombie nerd to be best friends in the apocalypse whit i may have to pull the same trick i did whit watchmen, when my grandmother ask if i wanna go see a movie (she has yet to grasp im no longer 10) ill go see it whit her, she broke her arm yesterday so i have to take care of her this weekend anyway.

edit:
young male bartender looking for zombie enthusiast/nerd, preferably living in Copenhagen or close, to a casual zombie date where we will watch zombieland, discuss survival tactics and then play some l4d at the gaming cafe next to palads in Copenhagen and then, who knows we may even built our own safe house and plan to find each other when the apocalypse starts.
if interested please contact me via this site.

Looks Epic, and thanks to Bob it looks like im gonna go see it, thanks

Well, I know what I'm doing today :)
Glad to hear its good, Bob's judgement has never failed me before.

swaki:
snip

wow, that sucks. Hopefully you find someone.
And really, no one you know likes zombies?

Did anyone else see Mr. McFeely 'delivering' and think that it was the ultimate 'Delivers' reference ever?

Oh and uh... good review!

I finally realized the one thing that bugs me about these reviews on occasion. Sometimes I'll hear something I want to listen to, but then the screen splashes some text that I also want to read which is quite different from the audio and that makes at least that part of the review harder to watch. Other than that, great review, and now I'm actually interested in seeing the film. My biggest concern was that the movie was going to try and be Shaun of the Dead and fail, and since such a comparison wasn't even brought up, I'm more interested.

I've never really been a huge zombie person, but I loved the depiction of why zombies have such an effect because they can be people you don't like.

Thanks Bob! I'm going to go see this movie ASAP! ;)

I wanted to see this movie before Bob got to it but now that he did, it just justifies me spending the $10 at the theater.

Woodsey:

ElArabDeMagnifico:

slopeslider:

He said it was really good, I don't know what this guy's on.

Yeah I'm totaly gonna check this out as soon as I get the chance.

So far, all I've only heard good things about this movie from people that have seen it.
Goin to see it tonight - should be totally tits

swaki:

edit:
young male bartender looking for zombie enthusiast/nerd, preferably living in Copenhagen or close, to a casual zombie date where we will watch zombieland, discuss survival tactics and then play some l4d at the gaming cafe next to palads in Copenhagen and then, who knows we may even built our own safe house and plan to find each other when the apocalypse starts.
if interested please contact me via this site.

Sadly, its too late to pitch Los Angeles for the olympics, so I cannot justify flying all the way out there just for zombieland.

We however, are in the same boat.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or